Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

@PharaohRache - its just proof that people don't know what they are asking for. a HUGE majority of the people purchasing jordans don't know squat about the original version of the shoe YET THEY SCREAM THEY WANT OG.
laugh.gif

JB has hit dudes with some "OG" features and has been met with complaints because dudes don't realize it. The smaller ankle "bubbles" on the carmines. The closer to OG cement on the 4s.... people just don't know.

Im sure if the black/red XIs released with the edges of the patent leather being white, we would see crying for days about how its not black.

Im more interested in better materials being used than I am about the OG mold because I already am aware that that will never happen.
I know, it's truly a shame. You forgot the infamous "infrared shade" too lol now I guess infrared is considered pink, not gonna bring all that over into this thread though.

The initial xx3s were dope. The Black Friday pack was a little more sloppy.
I have no beef with the 10/13, 7/16 packs at all.

The CDP 10s, IMO were the last pair of 10s that had the correct shape... From the royals to the Chi 10s the shape awful... I still haven't wore my steels and powder 10s yet, so I can't comment on those

I guess some are seeking absolute replication of the original shoe.  Maybe, we should demand emulation of it?  Where it not only meets the quality of the original, but in fact, exceeds it in some ways.

I guess some are seeking absolute replication of the original shoe.  Maybe, we should demand emulation of it?  Where it not only meets the quality of the original, but in fact, exceeds it in some ways.

For this convo, it's not us that's demanding. It's JB throwing out the OG mold terminology like people are stupid.

You do know the 2012 versions is closer in terms of the cement grey, to the OG than the '99 version right? The 1999 version is a LOT lighter in color than those from '89. Idk why people treat certain retro's like their OG just because of the NA. I find it so funny when I talk about kicks, and people mention the 2001 3s and refer to them as the OG's or even the 2000 Infrareds. 

**** the 2000 retro standard, for $200 the standard should be the originals. I mean, it should've been the standard for a while now, but, why beat a dead horse? Lol.
Sure, if that is your opinion. I don't think it's a LOT lighter. I actually think the '99 release is closer in color to the OG than the '12. It's all subjective.

Those look closer to the '99s  than the '12s imo

Last edited:
pharaohrache pharaohrache - its just proof that people don't know what they are asking for. a HUGE majority of the people purchasing jordans don't know squat about the original version of the shoe YET THEY SCREAM THEY WANT OG. :lol:

JB has hit dudes with some "OG" features and has been met with complaints because dudes don't realize it. The smaller ankle "bubbles" on the carmines. The closer to OG cement on the 4s.... people just don't know.

Im sure if the black/red XIs released with the edges of the patent leather being white, we would see crying for days about how its not black.

Im more interested in better materials being used than I am about the OG mold because I already am aware that that will never happen.

Same way all these new shoe heads ***** about the Infrared color, talking about "Make them like the OGs!!!!!" Clowns :lol:

U do realize they are remastering the 4s next year too right? Granted we've only seen pics of oreos and Columbia's but I'm pretty sure they will throw in some OG colorways too.

It's good that Jordan Brand will be putting more effort into their retro+ colorways as wwll. They having been going kinda crazy with the colors for the last couple years.
yes, kind of my point. i said 3 through 6

The initial xx3s were dope. The Black Friday pack was a little more sloppy.
I have no beef with the 10/13, 7/16 packs at all.

Broke out my Stealth pair today. They have been sitting in a box too long. I wore them to work and everyone was asking are those new

Sure, if that is your opinion. I don't think it's a LOT lighter. I actually think the '99 release is closer in color to the OG than the '12. It's all subjective.

Those look closer to the '99s  than the '12s imo
Why don't we choose a photo where the flash isn't taking up the whole picture. Even though the midsole truly shows how much darker they are. But it's not my opinion lol it's just simple fact. One color is darker than the other.

A lot darker lol. 2012 hits the mark closer to home. I understand if you like the 1999 grey better, totally fine, but it does not get closer to the originals aside from all the Nike branding.

Why don't we choose a photo where the flash isn't taking up the whole picture. Even though the midsole truly shows how much darker they are. But it's not my opinion lol it's just simple fact. One color is darker than the other.

View media item 1020494

View media item 1020495

A lot darker lol. 2012 hits the mark closer to home. I understand if you like the 1999 grey better, totally fine, but it does not get closer to the originals aside from all the Nike branding.

:rofl: at this dude for saying, "It's all subjective." The actual color on the shoe can only be objective, as it is only dependent on the light that is being reflected/produced at the time you view it. If you were looking at all three versions in person instead of looking at images it'd be clear. The grey on the 2012 is a closer shade to the OG and that's a fact.

On this whole "remastering" thing. Here's my opinion:

I only own two pairs of Jordan's right now. One pair of beater black toe 1s (2013) and a pair of black/red 1s (1994).

My minimum acceptable threshold for quality on Jordans is pre-2004. About two years ago I graduated from college and was looking to buy some Jordans. I found that all the new release were sub-par in terms of quality and not worth my money. So I went back and copped a bunch of DS stuff from pre-2004 on eBay... just to have them fall apart on me from old age after a few years :smh: :x It was a terrible feeling to realize that the current day retros of my favorite Jordans were bad quality, and the older retros I was used to when I was really into Jordans, were now unwearable. So I completely stopped buying Jordans until the black toe 1s came out. I wasn't expecting quality but the NA and OG colorway drew me back in. After a few wears I was disappointed and they just became my beaters. Sold everything I still had and copped a pair of DS 1994 black/red 1s from some guy in Japan because I was excited for the black/red 1s to come out again this past year, but I knew the quality would be bad. To know that I paid just a little more than what I see some of these 2013 pairs reselling for now is a great feeling. Happy with this purchase:

View media item 1020581
I can't lie... some of these pics look good. French 7s were one of my favorite pairs back in the day and those look on point. I wonder if they fixed the problem with the toe sole yellowing faster than the midsole, and if they have metal lace tips or not because that was a nice touch. But any way, I don't mind the price hike as long as the quality is on point and we get some OG colorways and/or NA (preferably both). Actually, I don't mind the price hike any way because with inflation accounted for and everything it's really not a big deal at all. I'm not saying anything else until I get the chance to check some of these out for myself in person. While a lot of you just kept complaining and then copping any way over the past several years, I actually completely stopped giving JB my business besides the black toe 1s. JB might get me back for a couple releases with this remastering business though. We'll see...

View media item 1020582

Last edited:
For this convo, it's not us that's demanding. It's JB throwing out the OG mold terminology like people are stupid.
Gotcha.  So JB is throwing out the terms, highlighting a few changes, and those ill-informed or just sniffin' up what Nike is cookin' are buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Gotcha.  So JB is throwing out the terms, highlighting a few changes, and those ill-informed or just sniffin' up what Nike is cookin' are buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Exactly. They are like hey look, the Jumpman on the 4s has fingers now :lol:

I also want to add that tumbled leather =/= quality leather and they better start their "remastering" with the midsoles then work their way up the rest of the shoe. If the midsoles aren't constructed and painted well then I couldn't care less about the quality of the uppers.

Yeah I never said it wasn't darker. I just said the grey on the OGs are closer in hue to the 99s than the '12 in my opinion. That's where I separate fact (yes, i know OGs are darker than '99) from subjectivity. You guys think the '12s are closer in color to the OGs, and I don't. Regardless, this is my last rebuttal. Oh, and your pic of the '99 version has the light shining down on it like heaven just opened up, while the OG one was obviously taken in a room with only the light from the window shining in.

Last edited:

Yeah I never said it wasn't darker. I just said the grey on the OGs are closer in hue to the 99s than the '12 in my opinion. That's where I separate fact (yes, i know OGs are darker than '99) from subjectivity. You guys think the '12s are closer in color to the OGs, and I don't. Regardless, this is my last rebuttal. Oh, and your pic of the '99 version has the light shining down on it like heaven just opened up, while the OG one was obviously taken in a room with only the light from the window shining in.
This is a solid picture, would like to see a flank/side picture, but not only is there a color difference, but look at the difference in the width of the tab.  For some this won't mean a damn thing, but for others seeking the so-called "OG" look it does--granted, do they know what they are looking for?  I personally like the lighter grey on the cements.  The spread of the back tab could also be a result of being worn and stretched. 

I guess to each is their own.

I like the lighter gray as well. The '89 pair really just seems to fall in between the two extremities.

IV retros are so bad. They are lower cut from the OG's and the shape is all wrong. Oh and the tongues are too high.

the 2012 white-cement 4's were not closer in color to the originals

the best way to tell is to look at the back of the heel tabs where there is no splatter - just grey

the thicker splatter on the ogs confuses people into thinking the grey itself is darker than it really is

people just want the 2012's to be closer (than the 99s) because that's what they most recently purchased
it is that simple

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom