Jordan Green Glow 4 IV Legit Check Please

Hey guys,

Just got these in the mail from a seller on ebay with tons of posi feedback, he sells lots of notable kicks and everything seemed to check out with him.

These seem a bit fishy though. The production dates in each shoe are different (not sure if that's something Nike does now, or maybe it's an outlet thing or something, I haven't ever noticed it).

The left shoe has some other stuff that stands out... That pronounced line outlining the textured part of the high part of the white outsole, the tongue shape seems wonky along the top, and there is a couple extra stitches below the jump man joining the grey panels.

Is maybe one shoe real, the other fake? Or two legit shoes, just mismatched runs from an outlet or a collector with more than one pair? So many fakes of the Green Glow floating around, and the fakes have been getting too close to the real pairs :frown:

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated...

View media item 1214213
View media item 1214214
View media item 1214215
View media item 1214216
View media item 1214217
View media item 1214218
View media item 1214219
View media item 1214220

Do you have a picture of under the waffle tab? These shoes don't look good so far, I'd say the left shoe is definitely fake

I'll snap some as soon as I can. What makes you say the left is definitely fake so far?

The left shoe is too messy, specifically the tongue, the back midsole near the heel and the date stamp.  It's very unlikely that dates will differ that much.  Also on the left shoe the light grey suede is too high, it could just be the angle. Honestly I haven't seen people mix and match shoes.  

I know what you mean about trying to legit check IV's, I collect them and I am finding it difficult to determine the difference

i say the left shoe is flawed but this is a Legit pair. date differences is uncommon but not farfetched for Jordans

i say the left shoe is flawed but this is a Legit pair. date differences is uncommon but not farfetched for Jordans
I agree about the dates, I know JB has had a lot of QC issues of late. But there are 3 issues which I see with this shoe, which seems alarming for me.  However OP go with @cashm0neyand1, he has more experience in the legit checking game than me.

Differing dates from shoe to shoe is something very common. Not an outlet or flaw thing. Very normal. I'm sure I have a pair or 2 that have different dates but I've never noticed. These look fine to me. Remember these are made in sweat shops. Not all shoes are gonna be 100% perfect and exact

Yeah true, I recognize Nike shoes often have flaws. I have just never seen two different dates in shoes before, and can't find much info about it online.

What really had me questioning these was this video ( ) where a guy points out that groove on the white part of the sole on the unauthorized pair, and also the February date stamp... Made me wonder if someone mixed up two pairs here.

I appreciate all the feedback and help guys!

Last edited:
Snap a shot of the black plastic in the box in the sunlight.. Also snap a good side shot of each shoe and a shot of the back of the insole.

I'm going to say fake based on the weird toe box shape, and the off tongue.  Could be poor QC, but I'm sticking to my guns and saying they aren't legit.

Got 2 saying fake and 2 saying real. Really thought there would be more definitive feedback here. Are fakes really that hard to spot these days? Where's the experts at?

still waiting for a pic of the box paper. Also if you could get a pic of the blue QC stamp in the box. I'm still thinking you're good here

I'm heavily leaning towards legit. The production dates being on different days is not something uncommon. I have a pair of these as well with different production dates inside each shoe

There's just a small QC check sticker inside, no stamp. And honestly I'm less concerned about the box and paper, cause anyone could include a real box with fake shoes and vice versa. If the shoes are that hard to tell if they are real or fake on their own it only makes me more concerned that they aren't legit.

Really appreciate the feedback so far though guys.

I'm heavily leaning towards legit. The production dates being on different days is not something uncommon. I have a pair of these as well with different production dates inside each shoe

Thanks man, appreciate hearing that. Does one of yours by chance have that different groove on the white part of the sole side wall on one shoe?

These shoes are made from molds and aren't perfect. Parts of the white part of the midsole show hints of a groove, outline isn't there wrapping around the entire shoe but I can see it.

Think about it, getting one real shoe and one fake shoe is a very unlikely scenario. One of my shoes came with a tiny drop of glue near the collar and it is authentic.

Yeah I hear ya. It was that video I posted above where a guy compared a real and fake pair that had me worried... One shoe had a groove and a similar date to the left one on mine... And that's where I got the idea of a real and fake one mixed up, maybe another sneakerhead had a real and fake pair and mixed them up. Stranger things have happened.

JB is slipping on quality more than I had thought given differences between left and right on one pair.

Last edited:
What is the production dates of the shoe with the groove

I'll tell you if it matches the shoe I own with the same thing

my 2/26 to 6/10 shoe has the same groove

probably made from the same mold as your shoe with the line

There's just a small QC check sticker inside, no stamp. And honestly I'm less concerned about the box and paper, cause anyone could include a real box with fake shoes and vice versa. If the shoes are that hard to tell if they are real or fake on their own it only makes me more concerned that they aren't legit.

Really appreciate the feedback so far though guys.
So your ignorence is what's stopping you from posting those pics? Ok. We are here to help. Yes the old switch around can happen but what me and Timmy requested will ADD to the determination. My opinion is they are legit. Reason to see the box paper is because fakes use lighter paper. If I say these look fine and I see the box paper, don't you think that would help YOU out? Just more factors to prove they are legit is all

So your ignorence is what's stopping you from posting those pics? Ok. We are here to help. Yes the old switch around can happen but what me and Timmy requested will ADD to the determination. My opinion is they are legit. Reason to see the box paper is because fakes use lighter paper. If I say these look fine and I see the box paper, don't you think that would help YOU out? Just more factors to prove they are legit is all
I agree here. It is all one big package, it all matters to give an accurate LC. Who would put a legit pair of kicks in a fake box an try to sell them?
I also believe that the shoes are more than likely legit just not a perfect pair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom