Jordan Military 4. Heel Tab Jumpman to Nike Air Conversion

Alright NikeTalk, I have something new here. for the past couple months I've been searching the methods of changing the Jumpman on the back of the 3's and 4's into their original counterpart: Nike Air. Now there are some people that have successfully done it, but they never tell you how they did it. So, I had to think of a new way of performing it. The custom is pretty fluid on how many ways you can do it. Some harder than others, but most of them work. I tried two ways on my retro Military 4's that I bought on Ebay. 

Now, Military 4's are one of the originals, and my favorite colorway on the IV model. Nike retroed them twice after the original release bearing the Jumpman. I personally think the Jumpman is tacky looking on the back, and Nike Air fits so much better on the heel than the Jumpman does. Also, since OGs cost alot of money, and are very rare, I didnt want to risk my wallet OR the original shoes, because I do plan on wearing them a ton 
happy.gif

What I used for the project: 

Xacto knife

Acetone

Acrylic White Paint ( angelus is better btw)

Polymer Clay

Fake White Cement 4's

Oven

Paintbrush

I paid $20 for the fakes,

$15 for the rest of the stuffs.

Remember I used 2 methods.

First method I tried using polymer clay for the logos. I printed a cutout of Nike Air off google, then I placed the clay over the sheet of paper. I cut out the edges to make the shape. It seemed to work, but since I'm human, I couldnt get the thickness, or the lines exactly correct because the knife made the edges sink a little. 

Since plan A didn't work exactly as I planned, I went to Plan B. Which was the Fake pair of WC4's. These fakes were supposed to be the 1999 retros. They looked AWFUL, but the Nike Air on the back looked PERFECT! I used this instead for my template. It was way easier too! lol. I just used my Xacto knife to sheer the Nike Air and swoosh off! It was alright, but some of the parts split making some of the letters a little off shape. (You can see that the "i" in Nike is slightly smaller on the left sneaker) after I took it off the fakes, I painted them white. Since the back tabs had some bumps due to the knife, and the Jumpman, I smoothed them out by rubbing acetone on them. It made it smooth again! I then after pasted the Nike Air on. I used the same process with the other sneaker. 

Here are some of the pics of the project.

BEFORE:

BLANK BACK TABS:

THE TRANSITION:

ON FEET:

WITH ACID WASH JEANS!:
laugh.gif

END PRODUCT:

THE FAKES: lol

Great template tho!

Tell me your thoughts on this! Remember, I'm not "disrespecting the shoe game" by putting a Nike Air on an '06 retro. Infact, I didnt want them to be OG. They never will be with the Jumpman on the bottom anyways. I did it cause it just looks 1000000X better than what it did before. 

Tell me your thoughts! and Thanks for reading!
c69252d8_IMG_3775.jpeg

Good job man! I think that's real nice, I could never find a method to do it and never had the courage to even try it lol. 

You can do it with 1/6 inch plastic sheets, or silicone sheets, but I don't know where you can get those things. Which is why I didnt use those. :frown:

This is super sick man. Great creativity. Do you mind me asking where you got the fakes from? I wouldn't mind trying this with my 3s

I got the fakes off of ebay. They are fairly common actually. Just make sure you get the right fake... lol.

For your 3's, the 4's Nike Air will not match. You will have to find your own fake 3 or another template for it cause they have a different shape and they are thicker.

i was gonna do this to my bc3's i tried going to thrift stores because i recall seeing fakes but never came across it again :lol: nevertheless clean work

I got the fakes off of ebay. They are fairly common actually. Just make sure you get the right fake... lol.

For your 3's, the 4's Nike Air will not match. You will have to find your own fake 3 or another template for it cause they have a different shape and they are thicker.
hope they listed it as non authentic. i hate when sellers try to pass off fakes as legit especially on the feebay.

In my opinion, YES 100%. I am so happy with them now, and i'm glad i figured out another way.

when u drill the jumpman off , do u have the reapaint the heel tab ? 

have u done another process since or made a video ? 

Back
Top Bottom