Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

For those of you who own both pairs, objectively speaking. 2001 vs 2017 Royals, which do you feel is the better iteration?

For those of you who own both pairs, objectively speaking. 2001 vs 2017 Royals, which do you feel is the better iteration?

2017 higher quality leather but it is the tumbled leather on the swoosh and I know some people don’t like that (I do like it) and the 2017 are much more comfortable IMO

I heard 01s feel like bricks.
That plus the nubuck swoosh makes me think the 17s are better.

Last edited:
17 is better imo. 01 are mids essentially and the nubuck swoosh and thin outsole are no bueno. But conversely there’s no tumbles.

Hi, are those legit for you? Thanks
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600b.jpg
s-l1600c.jpg

the pair of royals I got were terrible. unlike my banneds(which were some of the most consistent pairs in regards to leather and craftsmanship) they had inconsistencies all over. It kind of deterred me from trying to get a second pair. It really is a crapshoot though, because I have seen people complain about the banneds, and here I am with a perfect(IMO) pair of banneds.

17 is better imo. 01 are mids essentially and the nubuck swoosh and thin outsole are no bueno. But conversely there’s no tumbles.
'01's are not mids and it is not even close. They are just more bulkier which make it seem like a mid. The 2011 Banneds are a different story.

Back
Top Bottom