Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

Man I wish I had that much control. I envisioned myself only getting a couple of pairs this year, but ended up with the Free Throw Line 3s, Black Sport Blue 18s, Fresh Prince 5s, Concords, double BC3s and these HGGs. These last couple years has been tough on the pockets. HGGs were the only mandatory 13s I've ever wanted. I thought it was amazing that these are still available, but I guess that's all because Jordan Brand made a ton of them which is great for all of us who wanted them.
I think I just realized I waste too much money on shoes just because theyre new. Id rather wear my 5 or so fav j's then wear 20 different pairs a month so it makes more sense for me to pass on non essentials.

Exactly. If I lived next door to an outlet that got everything good, OK then. But the outlets are far from me in L.A., and 90-percent of the time I go to one, they don't have jack I care about. Anyway, these 13s ... still loving them, and zero regrets about doubling on them.
I live in Montreal but for my last trip to L.A., the Camarillo outlet has been good to me: I copped Copper XVII for 100$

I think I just realized I waste too much money on shoes just because theyre new. Id rather wear my 5 or so fav j's then wear 20 different pairs a month so it makes more sense for me to pass on non essentials.

Yeah, that's not a bad way to live!

I purchased about 50 pairs this year, but had to let some of them go since I wasn't even wearing them. A few of those were gifts. But still, that's way more than I need.

Honestly, I'd be more than happy just with my top-8 pairs. But it's a bit of an addiction.

I purchased about 50 pairs this year, but had to let some of them go since I wasn't even wearing them. A few of those were gifts. But still, that's way more than I need.

Honestly, I'd be more than happy just with my top-8 pairs. But it's a bit of an addiction.
I'm the same. I have dozens of Js and most of them are DS. Priorities have changed and I've been trying to sell a few locally but been getting too many low ball offers. Past few months I've been wearing the same few pairs

Totally addictive behavior. I didn't realize how much I had until I took them all out and lined them up. I'm like a sneaker hoarder. It's easy to pile them up because it's a fairly inexpensive hobby, but the summation of what's spent could definitley be used elsewhere. I always find some connection to my past like "oh I told myself I would buy those if they ever retroed" or "I had those when I was a kid" that gives me the reason to purchase.

I always find some connection to my past like "oh I told myself I would buy those if they ever retroed" or "I had those when I was a kid" that gives me the reason to purchase.

I did that just a few weeks ago. I passed on the Concords so that I could get Cherry 13s & Black toe 14s, first shoes I bought with my own money in high school. However, my final shoe impulse buy was at the Camarillo outlets with the black/yellow 13s for $130. Dope colorway.

Are the Camarillos on sale? I saw them for 160 at my outlet a month or so ago which I figured was a bit steep. I really like those.

Are the Camarillos on sale? I saw them for 160 at my outlet a month or so ago which I figured was a bit steep. I really like those.

Yeah, they're $129.99 right now. Me and my bro copped on sight. Some have B grade stamped on the boxes but I didn't see flaws. Mine still had the footlocker sticker on the box too.

I live in Montreal but for my last trip to L.A., the Camarillo outlet has been good to me: I copped Copper XVII for 100$

Nah dude, Camarillo sucks. It's the one I'm usually closest to and only every once in a while do they have something I want. I haven't found a thing in there for at least the last five times I've been, and those have been times where people are reporting on NT that some good shoes are in other outlets. I do remember when it had those 17s, though, but I was never into that particular shoe. But like most outlets, it's obviously hit and miss. I've just done a lot of missing lately at that place.

Last edited:
Nah dude, Camarillo sucks. It's the one I'm usually closest to and only every once in blue while do they have something I want. I haven't found a thing in there for at least the last five times I've been, and those have been times where people are reporting on NT that some good shoes are in other outlets. I do remember when it had those 17s, though, but I was never into that particular shoe. But like most outlets, it's obviously hit and miss. I've just done a lot of missing lately at that place.

Speaking of outlets, do you have a link for the December outlet thread?

DuoJf_zVsAEuvvT.jpg

These weren’t initially on my radar, but am I glad I got a pair. They look so good on feet and the color way is very versatile. I think they’re dumb comfortable too.

These weren’t initially on my radar, but am I glad I got a pair. They look so good on feet and the color way is very versatile. I think they’re dumb comfortable too.

As far as I'm concerned, these are top five OGs of all time. I passed on the OG drop during my senior year of college. And then they never really came back around much. Realized over the years how sick this shoe is in this colorway, so when they came back this time, I was at the mall when it opened and bought two pairs. I've worn one pair many times since release, and I couldn't be much happier with this release.

How are the quality of these compared with the CDP’s? My guess is that these are superior since it seems more recently retros are usually better than stuff from back then?

How are the quality of these compared with the CDP’s? My guess is that these are superior since it seems more recently retros are usually better than stuff from back then?

I never had the CDPs but I can tell you this release is exceedingly comfortable for a retro Jordan. I've walked miles in them happily. Zoom is actually bouncy. Great retro.

Back
Top Bottom