Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• On the Fence

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GR Katrina's is too good to be true.

That's what I thought about the Thunder IVs, too. But I could've copped 3 pairs at retail from Footlocker by now w/ all these restocks and crap.

Truthfully, we just never know.

That's what I thought about the Thunder IVs, too. But I could've copped 3 pairs at retail from Footlocker by now w/ all these restocks and crap.

Truthfully, we just never know.

Yeah, true. They were part of a pack and came with that stupid *** jacket, lol.

People were pissed when they retro'd them because the resale on them was CRAZY because they were limited, lol.

Your right tho, you make a good point my friend. But that's one isolated example.

I just can't see them making massive #'s of these, I hope they make enough to make them easy to aquire for the NT fam.

They will def make tons of GM pairs, cus 3's seem to he a GM favorite. U can get GM retro 88's now for close to retial. A lot of people getting took for GM 3's.

Yeah, true. They were part of a pack and came with that stupid *** jacket, lol.

People were pissed when they retro'd them because the resale on them was CRAZY because they were limited, lol.

Your right tho, you make a good point my friend. But that's one isolated example.

I just can't see them making massive #'s of these, I hope they make enough to make them easy to aquire for the NT fam.

They will def make tons of GM pairs, cus 3's seem to he a GM favorite. U can get GM retro 88's now for close to retial. A lot of people getting took for GM 3's.
This isn't the GM thread so I don't want to derail the thread but I have to agree with you. I think the IIIs, XIs, and IVs are the favorites for the GM

Very slick move by JB if FR3s drop b4 katrinas, but wut else is new :rolleyes

I think the elephant print on the kats was the OG grey used w/ the FR, could remember seein em on older retro cards

Either way will go for both pairs, need to re-up on 3s.....

edit: still hopeful to own a pair of Tru Blus.....someday

Last edited:
Don't see all the fuss about the Katrina's. Just regular Wht/Cements with a red heel instead of black.

*Shrug... Need to see pics first before making decision.

Thought i posted this in here too ... put it in the other 3 thread last week or so

View media item 509461
Even though we are not yet done with 2013, we can’t help but talk about 2014. Jordan Brand plans to bring back a lot of classic models in year 2014, but the prices for those Air Jordan Retro 2014 models will include a $10 increase, raising prices to $170.

Take a look at a couple Air Jordan Retro 2014 models that are set to release next year and let us know what you think of the increase in price? By the looks of it we might end up paying over $200 by 2017 for retros!

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/air-jordan-2014-retro-prices.jpg
These days I buy shoes that i like and return them if the quality is not up to par. At that price I would only get the colorways I love. So they lost a bunch of sales from me. They wont budge since demand is so much higher than supply

Any1 have a pic of an actual pair of katrinas seems like they are non existent

It is the shoe all over the retro cards and promo materials, despite not being an og colorway

jordan-3-katrina.jpg

literally the WCs with a red midsole where the black is supposed to be.
they seem nonexistent because they were auctioned off to help katrina victims.

Last edited:

It is the shoe all over the retro cards and promo materials, despite not being an og colorway

literally the WCs with a red midsole where the black is supposed to be.
they seem nonexistent because they were auctioned off to help katrina victims.

I think he means pictures of a pair that's in someone's possession. Or hell, even pictures from the actual auction. All we've (well, I've) ever seen of them are those touched up Jordan Brand glamour shots. I think he's asking where pictures of the actual pair auctioned can be found.

Last edited:
I think he means pictures of a pair that's in someone's possession. Or hell, even pictures from the actual auction. All we've (well, I've) ever seen of them are those touched up Jordan Brand glamour shots. I think he's asking where pictures of the actual pair auctioned can be found.
You can probably google them and see them in the possession of someone

lol at glamour shots. LOL if people are disappointed with the real thing. I think someone on NT has a pair. Someone posted a pic of their III collection and it included them

Last edited:
You can probably google them and see them in the possession of someone

Just stock pictures and weak customs.

Whoever bought them most likely wasn't into the whole sneaker culture and just has them somewhere locked up.

You know these are probably coming out right around the ASG, and it's in New Orleans for 2014. I hope they "flood" the market. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of these.

I hate the fact that these are releasing, why? Because most of us have never even seen a actual pair (only online photos) back then these where the holy grail *correct me if I'm wrong* but there were limited amounts of these around. Does anyone have a pair? Imagine when these release, all hell is going to brake lose. Everyone is going to be on these. I love this shoe just not the fact that they releasing.  

And the fact that JB is releasing a shoe like this makes you think what they have in store for the next few years down the road..  Next thing you know they throw us the Eminem IV's.. 

I hate the fact that these are releasing, why? Because most of us have never even seen a actual pair (only online photos) back then these where the holy grail *correct me if I'm wrong* but there were limited amounts of these around. Does anyone have a pair? Imagine when these release, all hell is going to brake lose. Everyone is going to be on these. I love this shoe just not the fact that they releasing.  

And the fact that JB is releasing a shoe like this makes you think what they have in store for the next few years down the road..  Next thing you know they throw us the Eminem IV's.. 

I don't get it. "Back then these were a holy grail"? Lmao, why, because they weren't released?. Pretty much every Jordan release sells out so this release is no different than the others.

Not that I like the shoe but I'm glad stuff like this is being released. It gives an opportunity to those that want them, a chance to get them at a normal price. Tired of all this "I want shoes that nobody else has" mentality.

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything special about this "Katrina" colorway?

Not only slightly yawn when ever I seem these. Also tired of people believing this is closer to the og fire reds but hey money saved in march I think

I don't get it. "Back then these were a holy grail"? Lmao, why, because they weren't released?. Pretty much every Jordan release sells out so this release is no different than the others.

Not that I like the shoe but I'm glad stuff like this is being released. It gives an opportunity to those that want them, a chance to get them at a normal price. Tired of all this "I want shoes that nobody else has" mentality.
Yes bc they weren't released. I remember reading there were only a certain limited amount auctioned off to help people of hurricane Katrina.. *correct me if im wrong* so yes back then they were the holy grail. its like the Air Mags releasing where anyone can get a pair so it's a slap in the face to the people that already have them. i don't understand why jb would release these.. if they were that limited back then.

I agree w/ you with the opportunity thing and the "I want the shoes that nobody else has" mentality. im just questioning why jb would do this if they were limited back then, makes you wonder whats next.

Back
Top Bottom