Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

I'll pass. I'm not a big fan of Jordans that are mostly white cause they turn yellow after a while. It's a nice pair of shoes though. Not hating, just not my style.

JB is "testing" us in order to check how much we're willing to pay.
Later next year, prices could be 300$, 400$.
Why not?

Why not?

They've been testing. It started with the 88's, 200$ for those and they sold out with the quickness. Now they're at 220 and will keep pushing the price up as long as people are willing to pay.

Why not?
Before that even. Prices starting creeping $10-$15 in 2006 before the standard $150 for retros started.

They've been testing. It started with the 88's, 200$ for those and they sold out with the quickness. Now they're at 220 and will keep pushing the price up as long as people are willing to pay.

If I recall correctly in 2005-8 retail was 100-110 for 1s, 115 for for 3s and 4s (120 for LS), 135 for 5,7,8,13s. 2009 was when base became 150. Sky's the limit from that point.

These price increases are really starting to piss me off. I don't have a problem paying $220 but it just feels like I'm being taken advantage of more and more as a consumer
Man, Honestly, I'm kind of done with JB. I'll pick up those Chrome 6 in August/Sept or whenever and that's it on JB for the year.

I mean I may try and pick up the Holiday 11's via raffle but I won't put in a lot of effort. 

If I'm dropping 2 bills, on a basketball shoe, then the Kobe line is the only one carrying the quality to match the price IMO.  

even those KD's got a price increase and those things are trash for a little under $200 after tax, luckily I caught them for $117 or something to ease the pain.

Me too mate, but these imma need. Honestly, the reason im laying of jordans is cos I cant cop em due to nothing dropping in my state ever, so im always relying on random good will from strangers thatl assist me, like on these. Or I don't get em anymore. Yes, ill happily take any help for 11.5 in these haha. These, 6 lows and unc 1 and im done

Last edited:

Me too mate, but these imma need. Honestly, the reason im laying of jordans is cos I cant cop em due to nothing dropping in my state ever, so im always relying on random good will from strangers thatl assist me, like on these. Or I don't get em anymore. Yes, ill happily take any help for 11.5 in these haha. These, 6 lows and unc 1 and im done
ALl the 5 lows next year though. $175 too, if the quality is like the 6 low Infra, I'm feeling like it's a steal. 

laugh.gif
@ $175 being a steal though, but it's true

They will always bring back a shoe to make you need 1 more.... I've been done/collecting for the last 2 yrs. When you begin looking on CL, IG, and Ebay at shoes barely worn, for less than retail, that you thought you didn't want.... well.... endless loop.

This release will prob be like the Shattered Backboards and the Chicago's. Nike air, never retroed color way, and they will be Limited. An opportunity to flaunt the Nike air will attract many young customers and hypebeasts. If these release in October, they may even be more hyped than the UNC 1s which are to be over hyped as well

Reseller Jaylaw setting the standards
I'm by no means a reseller, just stating my prediction of the future based on what I've been seeing for the last few years :lol:

If you read back you'll see I have no interest in these

Last edited:
Wait a damn minute... Did someone say these will sit? :rolleyes

I believe that was said with the understanding it was to be a GR, at least that's how I read it.

I was thinking it was to be a GR as well until recently

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom