Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

I've gotten a pair of the dope *** wonderful kicks. Although, I haven't worn them yet or held them yet, I think this is a colorway that is Clean,Classy,Classic,Not overdone,Superior, Chill, Exciting,and Just overall great...I cannot wait to wear these great shoes.I was surprised to find out they were an OG colorway because I didn't think maroon was that popular of a color back in the day. But when I found this out it made me want them even more. I know the 72-10s released soon after and everybody loves them 11s and thus, they and over looked this amazing shoe...but the maroon 6s still look better and quite frankly, are better to me especially because it is a shoe everyone kind of slept on. And the fact the 11s no matter the colorway... are always are sought after (so I believe). To be bluntly honest I think the Maroon 6s Murder any retroed 11 any yes even the most beloved and coveted breds......sorry y'all might want to kill me now... but I REALLY like these shoes...and I also like the 11s too...don't get me wrong they themselves are a classy and classic shoes... I guess that's is why am comparing the two so much... that and the fact that they released close so close each other last year.All in all I love the maroon 6s I feel like they might be my favorite retro so far...what's crazy is I am not even that much of six fan...but I think my maroons will change that..sorry rambling lol

are they true to size? And are they as comfortable as the white cement 4s or metallic 5 2016s?
close to TTS, but everyones foot varies.

comfort is subjective, to me, my 4's and 5's are more comfy than the 6's. again, everyones foot is different, so what may be comfortable to me, might not be comfortable to you.

I need to get a pair of these soon. But VIs have always run a half size to a whole size big on me, so I'll probably go down to a 12.

close to TTS, but everyones foot varies.

comfort is subjective, to me, my 4's and 5's are more comfy than the 6's. again, everyones foot is different, so what may be comfortable to me, might not be comfortable to you.
But generally speaking. Like compare the maroon 6s to the carmines or infrareds. 

My grape 5s dont fit as comfy as the metallic 2016s and are more true to size. I realize most 2016 nike air pairs are more comfortable than the regular editions of the shoe. 

I passed on the various restocks but a size 14 popped up on sole steals so my buddy was able to get it for me at $175. Don't have them in hand yet but I'm glad I have them coming.

How's the quality on the maroons. In the market for a sz 12.5-13 and wanna make sure that I'm not spending cash on crap tier pleather and paint chipping

I still got my promo mew card from the first movie
lol hell yeah I had that ancient mew card...around that time burger king once a week held a pokemon event id smash on people with my alakazm mewtwo and charizard cards lol I had the entire base and fossil set huge dork

These won't retro again for a LONG time.   Right now is the best time to grab them (if you're in the market) since the resell price is pretty much retail if you're patient and wait for a seller trying to get rid of these. I can see the value on these going up in 2-3 years

are they true to size? And are they as comfortable as the white cement 4s or metallic 5 2016s?
I have all 3 pairs in size 13. In terms of sizing: (TTS) Metallic 5 < Cement 4 < Maroon 6 (BIG).

My Maroon 6 left shoe squeaks but comfort wise they are all pretty similar.

It's funny they got the rear Nike font correct on the back of the Metallic 5s, but looks like a fake on the Maroon 6s imo (letting too thin and spaced out).

EDIT:

Actually Metallic 5 and Cement 4 both fit the same for me, Maroon 6 is just too big.

My feet are 11.5 D according to the Brannock Device. Because I wear Jordans with thick basketball socks so I wear a size 13 D. Running shoes I wear a size 12 D and dress shoes I wear 11.5 D. Really depends on what socks you gonna wear with what shoes.

Last edited:
The only thing with this shoe relative to the 2 "Nike Air" remastered shoes is the stiffer insole and the cardboard underneath the insole. These are more comfortable than the black infrareds that released in 2014 but less comfortable than either the black metallic V or WC IVs.
Yes I agree the WC4s and BM5s seem to be a tad more comfy. I've since stopped wearing my Maroon 6s (probably gonna sell it).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom