Jordan V Burgundy - August 29, 2023

ouchhhh!
InitiallyI was going to cop, even though I thought 200 was already a lot. I mean they're super nice but...at 225, I will definitely pass because I think it's absolutely NOT worth the price!

At that price, they will sit big time. So see you at the outlets where I'll cop for around 150!

These need that soft suede not that rough raging bull “suede” I was so disappointed cause I loved pics of raging bulls. Had to dye the suede a deeper red too.

Need these with quality and some wolf grey 5s as well
This. I usually am an OG colorway only guy but I was looking forward to the Raging Bulls. Then I read thru the thread and people were saying the suede was poor quality and very rough which immediately killed my desire to buy them. Really hoping these don't end up the same way.

Junior year of high school. These sucked then and they stink now. How these and the Green Beans got a re-release over the Olives is crazy.

It's quite a coincidence that the Green Bean, Olive and these were out during the mid-2000s period when those variant color bootleg retro Jordans commonly found in swap meets were out as well.

It's quite a coincidence that the Green Bean, Olive and these were out during the mid-2000s period when those variant color bootleg retro Jordans commonly found in swap meets were out as well.
And now we have those colorways are being dropped all the time by JB. The White/red XI’s and gamma’s are a perfect example. You had to purchase those with a money order and your fingers crossed back in the mid-2000s. Straight coolkicks.net. It’s wild to see the game evolve into what it is now.

Junior year of high school. These sucked then and they stink now. How these and the Green Beans got a re-release over the Olives is crazy.

I believe the reason they released/are releasing these colorways is due to the younger generation “wanting” them. When they were still children, they seen these colorways were reselling for $300-$400 during the 2010s. They didn’t realize that these were General Releases that released in the mid 2000s and were not very popular during that time. Now when they release again and see that they not limited and are General Release they don’t want to secure them. That’s with them asking for all these mid 2000s colorways.

I believe the reason they released/are releasing these colorways is due to the younger generation “wanting” them. When they were still children, they seen these colorways were reselling for $300-$400 during the 2010s. They didn’t realize that these were General Releases that released in the mid 2000s and were not very popular during that time. Now when they release again and see that they not limited and are General Release they don’t want to secure them. That’s with them asking for all these mid 2000s colorways.
True. Nike is well aware of the aftermarket value of their sneakers so I'm sure they saw how much these were going for and assumed that meant they were extremely sought after. Unless the Burgundy release this year is limited I have a feeling they'll sit like the Citrus 7s. Which for me, is great! I was born in 2000 and wanted them because I'm a sucker for Burgundy/Maroon and Jordan 5s. I didn't discover these until the late 2000s when I was developing an interest in sneakers because when these dropped, not only was I not into sneakers yet but I was 6 and my parents weren't going to buy $160 shoes for a 6 year old anyway. :lol:

True. Nike is well aware of the aftermarket value of their sneakers so I'm sure they saw how much these were going for and assumed that meant they were extremely sought after. Unless the Burgundy release this year is limited I have a feeling they'll sit like the Citrus 7s. Which for me, is great! I was born in 2000 and wanted them because I'm a sucker for Burgundy/Maroon and Jordan 5s but I wasn't super into sneakers when these dropped (I was 6) and my parents weren't going to buy $160 shoes for a 6 year old anyway. :lol:

Exactly, I’m not really a fan of most retro + colorways but those 7s are a good colorway. This is the reason I haven’t been securing the releases right now.

These need that soft suede not that rough raging bull “suede” I was so disappointed cause I loved pics of raging bulls. Had to dye the suede a deeper red too.

Need these with quality and some wolf grey 5s as well
Need pics of your raging

Exactly, I’m not really a fan of most retro + colorways but those 7s are a good colorway. This is the reason I haven’t been securing the releases right now.
That's fair. I personally tend to stick to OG colorways only for a few reasons, but one of them is because they don't release as often so it helps me not go overboard buying every shoe that interests me. But every now and then, if a retro+ colorway is executed well (like the recent Bordeaux 6s imo) then I'm willing to, if nothing else, consider picking up a pair.

To be honest I'm a big sucker for Maroon/Burgundy and I love 5s, so 2 pairs is a must. I was like 6 when the original retro+ pair came out so I had no idea they even existed until I discovered them years later. I remember seeing this photo of these custom burgundy 5s as a kid and telling myself I had to get a pair. When I saw the actual retail pair those feelings remained the same, even after all these years.
B_JhUh0VEAAECWs.jpg

I just hope the suede is good quality. I remember being hyped for the recent Toro Bravo 5s but when people got them in hand I could have sworn they said the suede was rough, not smooth like their original release. I hope that doesn't happen with those too.

Interesting way to wear the lacelock lol I never seen that before

Back
Top Bottom