Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

I want to know how many game-winners Kobe has missed.

I promise you one thing: Kobe's FG % on game-winners is nothing great.

Kobe wasn't a starter until the 1999 season so i'm not surprised he has no GW's prior to 2000.  Van Exel or Shaq had the ball during crunch time before 2000.   I do remember one play pre-2000 against the Warriors when Glen Rice missed a FT, Kobe got the rebound and tied it up to send it to OT.  Thats pretty much it i think.

Kobe never got real burn as a rookie, and he didnt play that great, so no GW isnt that surprising.

I feel like this list is missing a lot of GW shots though.

And, who hasnt missed their last shots before? No ones perfect, although i dont recall kobe really missing many.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Kobe>Jordan

yes im serious.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by knightngale

so kobe had no game winners prior to 2000? i find that hard to believe
And Jordan had none during his 2 year stint with the Wizards????

PS I kinda wouldnt be surprised if Kobe really didn't have any GW pre 2000
laugh.gif
i.e Game 5 of the 1997 WC Semifinals
smile.gif
It's a well documented fact that other than recently Kobe has not hit a lot of game winners traditionally, I believe he shoots some where around 28% on game winning shots, Carmelo shot the highest percentage on game winners.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Thought Jordan had one with the Wizards.
Jordan had 3 with the Wizards, if not more.

Against the Cavs, Knicks (Over Sprewell at the elbow), and the Suns (over Marion)
Yeah... I still remember Rip Hamilton doing the fist pump with Michael against the Cavs.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

[size=-1][/size]
[size=-1]...and then we get to Kobe Bryant.Kobe fans don't like to hear it, but while their man is #4 in theleague in total game winners hit, he holds the top spot in a lessglamorous category: most game winning opportunity missed shots![/size]

[size=-1]42 - Kobe
35 - Vince Carter
33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
32 - Crawford
31 - Billups[/size]

[size=-1][/size]
http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

yup. if he takes every game deciding shot, he's going to make some, miss some. the biggest thing is that he takes EVERY shot for the lakers under 1 minute, so obviously hes going to make some "clutch" shots.

Back
Top Bottom