Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Why do the Lakers need all these GW's? With those three giants they have holding down the middle the starters should be resting by the fourth like the old Bulls did...
This.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

[size=-1][/size]
[size=-1]...and then we get to Kobe Bryant. Kobe fans don't like to hear it, but while their man is #4 in the league in total game winners hit, he holds the top spot in a less glamorous category: most game winning opportunity missed shots! [/size]

[size=-1]42 - Kobe
35 - Vince Carter
33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
32 - Crawford
31 - Billups[/size]

[size=-1][/size]
http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm
yup. if he takes every game deciding shot, he's going to make some, miss some. the biggest thing is that he takes EVERY shot for the lakers under 1 minute, so obviously hes going to make some "clutch" shots.

that list covers 5 seasons not including this season or last season.

JumpmanJordanAddict89 wrote:
you hate kobe for being a cry baby yet youre an LBJ fan ?
laugh.gif

Seriously.

Im Older than 90% of yall, and ive seen M.J. plAy in the flesh at MSG.

But if i have to pick 1, im going with KOBE.

Originally Posted by truthteller

Seriously.

You only have to be 7 years old to claim this. At least say you saw him play in the 80s or something if you're trying to act like you're old and wise. 

Seriously.

clutch wise i too would go with Kobe over mj as i have seen MJ play his entire career aswell....

but MJ overall over kobe easily

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Seriously.

You only have to be 7 years old to claim this. At least say you saw him play in the 80s or something if you're trying to act like you're old and wise. 

This had me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And Jordan had none during his 2 year stint with the Wizards????

That list is from NBA.com's page commemorating his career: http://www.nba.com/jordan/game_winners.html

They don't even know he came back
laugh.gif
Someone already mentioned the three game winners he had as a Wizard:

1) @ Knicks
2) @ Cavs
3) @ Suns

They have all kinds of videos. Here's a link to Finals highlights: http://www.nba.com/jordan/mjfinals.html

You can use the drop down menu to see highlights from each season too.

Why do the Lakers need all these GW's? With those three giants they have holding down the middle the starters should be resting by the fourth like the old Bulls did...

Horrible post entry passes or a downright fear/unwillingness to pass into the post. Shannon Brown is probably the biggest culprit, but all the guards are guilty.  As bad as it is that Kobe will occasionally shoot too much, it's absolutely horrible that Fisher, Farmar, and Brown take away shots in the lane from Pau, Odom, Artest, and Bynum.

They had a stretch of good passing games last season and were awesome two years ago (especially at the beginning of the season), but they've been horrible all of this season.

Both players have that killer instinct every coach wants in a player.

If it was up to me to choose between the two to take the final shot it would be do doubt Michael Jordan.

For me MJs game winners mean a lot more than Kobe's. Name a playoff game winner for Kobe. For Jordan you have a selection to choose from. Game winners mean more when they count more.

well kobe took more shots...

what more important is the %.

i remember melo lbj and pp had better rating of clutch factor.

kobe prolly has made more b/c he took more...

this year and last year, kobe was pretty efficient in clutch moment...

other than that, he was just another average joe in the end.

the factual.

Originally Posted by sam23air

For me MJs game winners mean a lot more than Kobe's. Name a playoff game winner for Kobe. For Jordan you have a selection to choose from. Game winners mean more when they count more.

I'm definitely a Jordan guy but you shouldn't be arguing this topic if you can't remember Kobe's GW against the Suns. You don't know enough to even contemplate this topic. Sorry. 

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Seriously.

Sounds like i may have slightly offended you.

I just stated the age difference because people so quick to think eveybody on here is too young to really have seen MJ play. 

Where in my post did i try to act OLD & WISE..?...You act lik i said '' yall youngns dont know crap, lemme set the record straight''..

Just to be clear it was 1990 when i saw him play, had his usual 30+ performance...brought the bulls back from a 15-20 pt deficit if i remember correctly. 

Is that to your satisfaction?

You can't take nothing away from missed game winners. Atleast someone has the balls to take the shot.

^sorry but that's the only one really...suns in 1st round?????lol

you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. If you did, you would have realized the magnitute of this game, seeing as how the lakers were the UNDERWHELMING underdog, by quite a bit, against a stacked Suns team, favored to go very far, even perhaps to the finals.....Kobe had NO help on that team...it was him, lamar, and guys like smush parker.....so before you belittle the shot....check your background info first...

dont forget the three agasint the pistons in the finals to basically keep their hopes alive.....im just adding to the list...  

Are these really game winners?? Clutch shots with 25 or 30 seconds left in the game clock?? I expected these to be last shot heroics. That's what I think of when I see Game-Winners. Shots with 9, 8, 3 seconds left. Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom