Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

What's up you guys. I'm completely new to the sneaker culture. I'm 34, played ball, AAU, was a decent player poor by HS standards. The point I'm getting at here is that when I was 11 our squad ran into a squad in the finals of tournament that all rocked the Jordan 11's OG and we got ran out of the gym. I couldn't afford a pair but they've always been on my mind. I picked up the red/blacks in 05 off ebay but it wasn't the same. Obviously the Concords dropped so I figured I'd start dabbling and now I'm overwhelmed like crazy!

I've got my mind convinced that I need a pair of these badboys to collect (possibly wear if I want to down the road). My question to you guys is what type of invested would this be dropped $700? I'm assuming it'll probably be somewhere near that years down the road, yeah? Can anyone chime in on that? I just really want to pair. Surely they won't be worth $300-400 in 4-5 years right?

Please forgive the terrible typos. I'm exhausted as hell but I think you guys get where I was going with the post. I know that nobody wants to deal with the new guy asking dumb **** but I don't know where else to post. I like cool/dope ****, but I also like winning and finding value.

I thought that'd I'd pick up collecting/buying/trading/selling shoes as a hobby. Pick up this here, that there, and it'd be easy value. I'm very good at spotting that sort of thing. I've been scouring through stockx and it's been extremely disheartening from a value point of view. I thought I'd be able to pick up small edges everywhere but badass shoes stagnant rather that increase which was pretty disappointed to me because I wanted to collect. For example the Space Jam 11's. Those are pretty dope but the return after two years is terrible considering.

Hell, even if I snag the Jordan 6 infrareds in store I won't be able to flip it for much or hold onto it to see any significant value.

I guess I walked myself through the answer I was looking for regarding these shoes. I guess there isn't really any longer term value is there here? Really bummed out as I wanted to do this stuff for fun.

EFDD4EFF-7E75-45E2-A9A3-4395B5BF0AE9.jpeg

Please forgive the terrible typos. I'm exhausted as hell but I think you guys get where I was going with the post. I know that nobody wants to deal with the new guy asking dumb **** but I don't know where else to post. I like cool/dope ****, but I also like winning and finding value.

I thought that'd I'd pick up collecting/buying/trading/selling shoes as a hobby. Pick up this here, that there, and it'd be easy value. I'm very good at spotting that sort of thing. I've been scouring through stockx and it's been extremely disheartening from a value point of view. I thought I'd be able to pick up small edges everywhere but badass shoes stagnant rather that increase which was pretty disappointed to me because I wanted to collect. For example the Space Jam 11's. Those are pretty dope but the return after two years is terrible considering.

Hell, even if I snag the Jordan 6 infrareds in store I won't be able to flip it for much or hold onto it to see any significant value.

I guess I walked myself through the answer I was looking for regarding these shoes. I guess there isn't really any longer term value is there here? Really bummed out as I wanted to do this stuff for fun.
Buy shoes bc you like them, not bc of what they'll be worth one day.

I thought that'd I'd pick up collecting/buying/trading/selling shoes as a hobby. Pick up this here, that there, and it'd be easy value.

Good luck buddy. If you're new to this, you probably aren't going to be successful... for a while. There are Computer Science Engineers writing automated scripts that enter raffles 1000x. There are people who know and pay sneaker shop employees to backdoor them pairs, side stepping the raffles altogether. It's not just "hey I guess I'll buy these readily available shoes and flip them for double". It takes work and a lot of luck.

There are dudes who missed completely on the Space Jams and the more recent Concords XI just a few months ago... And there were over 1 million pairs of each. Now imagine how hard it is to get a pair of KAWS that has like 50k pairs.

They more hype it is, the more limited it is and the harder it is to get. And when selling, realize that you need to sell for even more than what might be showing on StockX, because you need to account for their fees.

If I were you, I'd look for a different plan to make a return. Especially considering that the majority of people here are sneaker heads that enjoy the shoes, not just people looking to make money off of other sneaker heads

Last edited:
Exactly...

If you want a return on investment then buy stock...
I mean you can make a lot of money off sneakers but not as just a side hobby. Getting the pairs takes a ton of work. I always laugh at people that think it's so easy. Just so naive. I'm lucky to have a local that looks out for me on just about any release bc they know I wear all my stuff from them and never flip it. They wouldn't look out if I was selling it. But I legit had a very good friend send me a pic of the white ow Presto and in the text it said "Yo can you hit up ______ for a couple pairs of these so I can flip them?" I was like wait what? Like, why would I get a couple pairs, give them to you, and let you make $1k profit? Why wouldn't I do that? People ask me all the time for help getting a pair to wear and I'll always help if I can, but getting a pair for you to flip? Why wouldn't I just hand you cash instead?

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm definitely going to avoid the grind and just buy the shoes I like. I still got the bug so I'll be here browsing. Again, thanks for your advice.

PM da homie @asianhomevideos

he got all da insider reseller info

I assumed a different response from niketalk in relation to people looking to become a reseller.

We cool with somebody copping a fsr only to triple the price for those who missed out?

Correct me if I’m wrong.

But 90% of the input toward homie was more on the side of, it’s hard/difficult. It wasn’t overwhelming (what I expect)that resellers are despised and should be treated as such.

Lol Maybe I read it wrong, oh well. I succeeded to a clearer head.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

But 90% of the input toward homie was more on the side of, it’s hard/difficult. It wasn’t overwhelming (what I expect)that resellers are despised and should be treated as such.

Lol Maybe I read it wrong, oh well. I succeeded to a clearer head.
I felt it would do him more good to say "Don't waste your time, it's not as easy as it seems" than to just say "Resellers are despised." Let's be real, knowing some people on an internet forum won't like you isn't much of a deterrent if you think you can make money at something.

I felt it would do him more good to say "Don't waste your time, it's not as easy as it seems" than to just say "Resellers are despised." Let's be real, knowing some people on an internet forum won't like you isn't much of a deterrent if you think you can make money at something.
A co- sign is when you support something.
Being cool =not tripping/not bothered.

In contrast to the harsh words toward resellers on here in general, your response seemed to be out of the ordinary. Refreshing actually.

Didn’t say you co-signed anything. I meant exactly what I said. Some of y’all reading words I didn’t say.

Unless you despise resellers it was no reason to quote me cause you drove my point home.

A co- sign is when you support something.
Being cool =not tripping/not bothered.

In contrast to the harsh words toward resellers on here in general, your response seemed to be out of the ordinary. Refreshing actually.

Didn’t say you co-signed anything. I meant exactly what I said. Some of y’all reading words I didn’t say.

Unless you despise resellers it was no reason to quote me cause you drove my point home.
I don't despise resellers personally. It's an unfortunate part of the shoe game these days but I can't hate someone personally for taking advantage of holes in a system to make a dollar. Everyone that does this shoe thing heavy has sold a pair of shoes. We all enter a couple raffles and draws for shoes we don't really want. Now I don't have a bot to enter 1,000 entries for a draw or monitor a site 24/7 for a restock but that's just bc I lack the knowledge and the motivation to do it. When I was young, I had to sell illegal **** to make a quick lick. Now kids can make a quick buck on flipping a pair of shoes. How can I hate them for that? Frustrated when I miss on a pair and I see hundreds for sell on StockX? Sure. Hate? Na, I get it. It doesn't matter the product, if you can buy low and sell high, there's going to be resellers.

I don't despise resellers personally. It's an unfortunate part of the shoe game these days but I can't hate someone personally for taking advantage of holes in a system to make a dollar. Everyone that does this shoe thing heavy has sold a pair of shoes. We all enter a couple raffles and draws for shoes we don't really want. Now I don't have a bot to enter 1,000 entries for a draw or monitor a site 24/7 for a restock but that's just bc I lack the knowledge and the motivation to do it. When I was young, I had to sell illegal **** to make a quick lick. Now kids can make a quick buck on flipping a pair of shoes. How can I hate them for that? Frustrated when I miss on a pair and I see hundreds for sell on StockX? Sure. Hate? Na, I get it. It doesn't matter the product, if you can buy low and sell high, there's going to be resellers.
So more or less you are cool with it but don’t co-sign it. And I agree with everything you posted above. What do I look like getting mad when ima resell my one pair for triple. It’s all in the game yo.

My first post on this topic I was speaking in general when I said “we”. I haven’t posted my reseller opinions on here so I can see how one would be confused.

So more or less you are cool with it but don’t co-sign it. And I agree with everything you posted above. What do I look like getting mad when ima resell my one pair for triple. It’s all in the game yo.

My first post on this topic I was speaking in general when I said “we”. I haven’t posted my reseller opinions on here so I can see how one would be confused.
I wouldn't say I'm cool with it. I wish there was a way around it. Like I love when stores make you wear them out of the store or destroy the box. But when the system allows for a dollar to be made, while I don't like it, I don't hate the people that take advantage of it. I can hate the practice while not hating the individual.

Here's my take on it. While I dont consider myself a reseller at all, I'm not an idiot, a lot of us have sneakers valued in the thousands. Say I want to make a trade for another sneaker I really want or even sell one of the pairs I have. I'm gonna want what the sneaker is going for, selling it for retail would be just as dblplay1212 said handing someone else free money. or what are we never allowed to sell a pair of sneakers we fell out of love with because we would be deemed a reseller?

I wish resellers weren't as prevalent as they are but they are part of this whether we like it or not. Everyone is quick to hate reselling, but I can guarantee you 99%of us with a sneaker of value wouldn't give it away for retail. And if they did you best believe they got something other than money in return(favors, looking out for a friend etc).

Ps I'm not calling anyone out these are just my general feeling towards reselling/the state of things.

Honestly, I was expecting to be ignored or trolled/bashed so you guys surprised me and I really appreciate it. I wasn't looking to get into the game for nefarious/greedy reasons. I love shoes and just wanted to be able to make some money to support getting the ones that I wanted now and in the future. Like others have said, it's going to happen no matter how much people hate it.

If we weren't willing to pay for them then they wouldn't be reselling them.
Can only blame them as much as we blame ourselves
imo

I've yet to see these in the wild. Even at the hypest hb release line ups.
Some releases seem to disappear, only to exist in social media photos and reselling platforms.

Lots of stuff gets lost in semantics, either to save face or unintentionally.

But if you are going to resell a shoe for, at or around the current resell value, you are ok/cool(whatever you wanna call it)with reselling to a degree. Nobody is making you sell it for that price. Rationalize it all you want.

“Ima sell these kaws 4 for triple the retail (based on reseller value guides)but I’m not happy about.”

What ever makes you feel better. Do you.

If we weren't willing to pay for them then they wouldn't be reselling them.
Can only blame them as much as we blame ourselves
imo

I've yet to see these in the wild. Even at the hypest hb release line ups.
Some releases seem to disappear, only to exist in social media photos and reselling platforms.

I’ve seen the grey pair twice in NYC. Never seen anyone rock the black pair. I haven’t even seen anyone rock those Levi’s jawns that came out last year.

Back
Top Bottom