Jordan X "Steel" 2018

During the OG release? Or one of the retros?
These were never recalled or pulled from the shelf. As someone else said, all of the OG steels had the toe cap. None of the subsequently released cws had it.

The only other toe capped Xs were an OG shadow sample that was featured in eastbay and a Chicago-like sample that never released.

absolutely cannot wait for these to release. Judging by the hate...should be easy to double up on...they are my all time grail.

I despise the toe cap but it would be pretty cool for collectors if they released an exact replica of the original release. Good luck.

Anybody on here remember trading Steel X's for Hemp SB Dunks somewhere around 2006 - 2010??

I got my Steel X's thru a trade here on NT back when I had my old username I forgot. Would love if the other person still has the Hemps. My steels got rocked to death, sole literally came off. One of my most hard rocked Jordans in my entire life. Might be in just for the nostalgia factor here...

940909KissFloor.jpg

michael-jordan-air-jordan-10-scottie-pippen-charity-1994-1.jpg

Are these still coming out?

I was totally amped for these. My favorite 10.

Including the original toe cap.

These were looking authentic to the Scottie Pippen charity classic, where he dropped 53 on Pip’s dome.

Not to mention they were also the retirement ceremony shoes with Ahmad Rashad.

Any info on these still being released would be much appreciated. I haven’t seen it on the listings for 2019. But originally it was supposed to drop late summer 2018.

I for one was not happy about them scrapping the release. I was looking forward to these. I had the 05's which were great and let them go and I always liked the toe cap on Steels.
Me neither. I wanted these bad. Best X this side of the Double Nickels. My personal favorite.

If they ever come out they won’t have toe cap frank cooker confirmed it a while back

That was the novelty of this release in particular. I mean ‘13 Steel X’s aren’t hard to come by and they’re a decent price but they’ve never been retroed with the OG toe cap. Very underlooked design cue. I mean I get Mike didn’t like it, but Mike didn’t like the 1’s initially neither...

I had the OG steels back when they came out and wasn’t a fan of that toe cap. Still not a fan of it today. The 10 just looks so much cleaner without it, but either way, the Steels are just ok to me. I much prefer the og city series or even the Shadows.

Back
Top Bottom