Jordan x Vogue AWOK Collection - AJ1 Hi Zip July 21 $220, AJ 3 Sept. 7 $220

So, from what I understand, JB hired a bunch of women designers to help sell more women’s shoes. The problem is, as was mentioned before, the women who typically buy JB products don’t want these new, stupid looking models. Clearly these out-of-touch designers need to find new work because models like these are an embarrassment to JB. Also, you know Nike/JB three a bunch of money at AW to put her name on these atrocities, just like they did with that hideous new Don C model-this is actually kind of hilarious.
They hired more women designers because the males they once had were #metoo-ing too hard at the office. This is the apology and we all get to hear it. Hooray.

The whole thing is so embarrassing.

Who do these ***** think their consumers are? Jesus Christ

Apparantly not the people with money to buy shoes (or care to) on a continuous basis, with careers and a consistant income. They should be targeting the 25 and up demo, the guys who watched Jordan play and can shell out $300.00 consistently, no offence to the younger guys that can afford it just saying. JB does the stupidest things sometimes, 90% of Niketalk could run that company better.

I dig the Is, and am interested to see where they went with the IIIs.

I'm cool on buying either though, if they even come in men's sizes.

Vogue-Air-Jordan-3-AWOK-1.jpg
I dig the Is, and am interested to see where they went with the IIIs.

I'm cool on buying either though, if they even come in men's sizes.

The black 3's do interest me a bit, just need better pics and if the retail is more than the $250.00 range I'll pass easily, and just just grab the flyknit 3's I love a shoe with leather interior anyways...

Vogue x WMNS Air Jordan 1 High Zip "AWOK"
Release Date: 07/21/18
Style #: BQ0964-106 (white)
Price: $220

Release Date: 07/21/18
Style #: BQ0964-601 (red)

Release Date:
07/21/18
Style #: BQ0964-106 (white)

Release Date:
07/21/18
Style #: BQ0964-601 (red)

I'd say that puts the 3's in the $250 to $275 price range. Based on the ($80.00) inflation of regular 1 retros. Not as bad as I thought they'd cost, but probably a pass for me probably just cop the flyknit 3's ( I know I'm gross, but I love leather interior especially in the summer I go straight sockless and all (wish they'd re release the flips, besides the EP the leather interior was my favorite part). Definitely a pass on the 1's.

Last edited:
This is legitimately one of the realist things I’ve ever read on this forum. It’s mind blowing how out-of-touch Nike/JB are sometimes. Bringing back Gentry is a perfect example of that.

It's like they know what we want. How could they not? You know they monitor this board, IG, FB, and Twitter, but are like naw let's go the other direction. Whatever they're smoking at JB, I wish I could get my hands on some.

Air Jordan 1 High Zip AWOK
Color: University Red/University Red-Sail-Black
Style Code: BQ0864-601
Release Date: July 23, 2018
Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-1.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-2.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-4.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-3.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-5.jpg

It's like they know what we want. How could they not? You know they monitor this board, IG, FB, and Twitter, but are like naw let's go the other direction. Whatever they're smoking at JB, I wish I could get my hands on some.
Im gonna create a new strain out here and call it Gentry

what should the cross be?

trainwreck x GDP? lol

trainwreck x chernobyl?

trainwreck x cheese?

trainwreck x something thats for sure

Last edited:
If you’re truly interested I think they’re doing restocks once a month once the releases get flowing.
lolol

yay my joke finally got recognition. And a follow up to boot. : )

has anything leaked about that restock yet? hopefully its not too bloated and the resale stays heavy

Speaking of red stuff

if this lady is supposed to be a high grade fashion designer why is the shoe all red??? Either she is 15 or 20 years ahead of us or she's stuck in 2013.

When is the last time anybodys seen a woman walking around in all red sneakers? I seriously cant remember. I hope she doesnt have high hopes for this. Then again itll probably sell out what do i know

the cherry on top is when the soles yellow its going to look like a ronald mcdonald collab

51zh0DJoh9L._AC_UL320_SR200,320_.jpg

"I dont get it"

But these are low hanging fruit, im probably going to make this lady kill herself if I keep visiting this thread. Ill see myself out.

....... One last thing

Air Jordan 1 High Zip AWOK
Color: University Red/University Red-Sail-Black
Style Code: BQ0864-601
Release Date: July 23, 2018
Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-1.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-2.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-4.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-3.jpg

Vogue-Air-Jordan-1-High-Zip-Red-BQ0864-601-5.jpg
its always funny to me how they try so hard to make their shoes look good by mirroring the pairs in the official shots so that they look symmetrical.

But as soon as they cant mirror it like in pic #3 the doodoo hits the fan and one of the soles is warped to hell. It makes me feel better about there always being something off about my personal pairs. They cant even find a perfect pair themselves.

Which shoe in pic #5 do you suppose is the one they photoshopped? lol Which one is the original spiderman? Which is the imposter? Better kill them both to make sure.

I wish theyd get those robots up and running already

Grabit Robots Use Static Electricity to Make Nikes Faster than Humans

By TRR Editor | February 14, 2018

stackit_02-e1504734808581-1024x581.jpg

side note: That thing looks like a mario bros level.

So does this mean more releases per year? Less msrp? More pairs per major release?

I hope this is around the corner, for real. Then they start the Jordan 1 collection all over again but with no defects this time instead of everytime like last time. 1s look simple at first glance but once you start looking closer you realize how much room for error there is. So many stitches and panels to line up. It never fails that they screw up somewhere on it. The toe area seems like a nightmare for them to get right.

Last edited:
i don't like them, but you have to respect a company trying to gain a new market; these aren't for women sneakerhead, they prefer retros; these seem like a way to get women that like shoes, because the zip is a nice touch
BUT PLEASE REMEMBER EVERY SHOE THEY PUT OUT IS NOT FOR YOU
these are specifically feminine; those rebel 1's are labeled wmns, but actually seem unisex

A lot of the barefoot and pregnant crowd in here.

Why are you in a thread for shoes clearly not geared towards you, complaing?

At this point, JB releases hundreds of shoes a year geared towards the male consumer. Yet, the brand is being "feminized". Really?

Last edited:
A lot of the barefoot and pregnant crowd in here.

Why are you in a thread for shoes clearly not geared towards you, complaing?

At this point, JB releases hundreds of shoes you, geared towards the male consumer. Yet, the brand is being "feminized". Really?
yea i thought that's was a stretch; the pastel 1's were like these where they def seemed to be for women; people jumped onto the satins because they are pretty neutral but i don't think its the pussification of jordan

Back
Top Bottom