Jordan x Vogue AWOK Collection - AJ1 Hi Zip July 21 $220, AJ 3 Sept. 7 $220

We just watched The September Issue yesterday, somewhat inclined to see if I can get a W11.5 for myself.... Really liking how the black ones look in photos.

E5618714-3C9E-4748-8999-786683E70FD6.jpeg
910E9167-BD9B-4404-A555-7B4F18001F24.jpeg
They did a real good job on these (edit: men’s 9 / women’s 10.5)

I am going to get the red ones, one way or another. I entered a local raffle, hopefully I hit.

Crazy... Copped the black AJ3 from StockX for less than retail + tax. I'm kinda surprised these aren't flipping for much more.

Last edited:
I got a pair of these for my wife in a size 8. When they showed up yesterday, the box said 8, the invoice said 8, but the shoe itself said 11. I thought it looked big so I decided to see if I could get my foot in it and sure enough I could (though it was tight). I have never had Nike send the wrong size let alone sending the wrong size with the right box. I’m still puzzled by how they got a size 11 in a box meant for a size 8. I had to send them back and no exchange is possible at this time. Oh well I don’t think she would have liked them that much anyway. They just aren’t her style

Got my wife’s pair. Thought they’d have dust bag but they didn’t.
Yeah! I saw that in the unboxing on sneaker news. I was so concerned about the size being off that I totally forgot about the dust bags. They really screwed up for a brand trying to reel female consumers in.

The leather on these is nice...softest leather on a JB shoe I’ve experienced in a minute.

after looking at these some more in person they remind me of christmas tinsel.

SNKRS copped 10.5 and 11. Canceled the 11. Really wanted those Lebron but the bigger sizes weren’t even posted or sold out ASAP.

Of course Nike changed my size to a 9.5 when I placed an order for a size 8.

2nd time in a row it changed my order to a 9.5 by itself.. Unbelievable

The leather on these is nice...softest leather on a JB shoe I’ve experienced in a minute.
They've used great leather on all these special women's release at least starting from the reimagined 1s. shame that men's releases don't get the same treatment.

THE MEANING OF JORDAN X VOGUE
FOUR WOMEN EXPLAIN WHAT THE AWOK AJ1 AND AJ3 MEAN TO THEM.

Jordan_Vogue_1001_desktop-1920x900.jpg

For the first time, Anna Wintour’s “AWOK” signature — her stamp of approval for countless Vogue pages — is on an Air Jordan. Two, actually. The AJ1 High Zip and AJ3 AWOK were conceptualized by Jordan designers and Vogue editors, who “edited” both silhouettes as if they were an issue of the magazine. A collaboration that began at the Vogue offices in New York City is now a coveted product for stylish women around the world.

To commemorate the project, we asked women in the creative and fashion industries to explain the significance of the Jordan x Voguecollaboration.

JordanBrand_AIR_MeaningBehindVogueJordanColloboration_P3-814x1080.jpg

Aleali May: Stylist, Model, Creative & Jordan Brand Collaborator

“You can’t think of fashion without Vogue. You can’t think of basketball without Jordan. Both foundations are built from the love of their game. Growing up in America, and being in fashion for styling and modeling, I know that the AWOK and Jumpman stamps are one in the same. Both are heavy-hitting, keen on detail, and guaranteed to tell a personal story of triumph.

“The classic red colorway and premium leather make the AJ1 buttery. The AJ1 is not only a pivotal shoe in the history of basketball and sneakers, it’s a sleek silhouette that you can dress up — with a suit, dress, or skirt — or dress down in tech pants. The AJ3 resembles the iconic tweed fabrics from high-end runways and also represents Anna Wintour’s classic style. Both elevate the classic Air Jordan silhouettes with the high fashion touch.

“The AWOK stamp means serious business, and she did not come to play. This collaboration represents two GOATs collaborating at such an important time for high-end and street fashion.”

Melody Ehsani: Designer & Founder of Melody Ehsani

“The Jordan x Vogue collaboration is one of those things that you would dream about as a kid. The ‘hood and sports have always informed high fashion. It always starts from the streets and moves up to the runway. To have it finally done officially just means that there is enough evidence of this in the world to create a cultural shift. It also acknowledges that enough women have interest and spending power to be catered to in this way.

“On the AJ1, I love the keychain tag on the zipper. It’s very nostalgic. On the AJ3, I love the heel tab with the transparent black piece that nods to Anna’s sunglasses. It’s always the details that get me.”

pullquote_desktop-1080x131.png

ALEALI MAY

Ava Nirui: Artist, Designer & Helmut Lang Digital Editor

“The Jordan x Vogue collaboration represents the closing gap between streetwear and high fashion. It also shows how sneaker culture has become super integrated into the lives of women, whereas historically, women were somewhat excluded from this conversation.

“Anna stamping these cements them as an important item in the history of fashion. They have the “OK” from the ultimate tastemaker.

“The future of fashion is streetwear/sneaker culture.”

Sasha de Oliveira: Stylist & Creative Director

“Jordan Brand and Vogue collaborating is pretty major. Anna and MJ are both total legends in their respective fields. I just love how these two worlds can come together to create something for both audiences to enjoy.

“Both shoes are extremely versatile in how they can be worn. In my own style, the AJ1 is the shoe I love to dress up or down. I love how they can complete the look, whether it’s Virgil rocking them on the Met carpet, kids wearing them downtown to skate or on the court.

“I like the cream color choice for the AWOK AJ1s the most. I would say that the AJ3 is a more direct nod to fashion through the tweed fabric and how the back symbolizes her sunglasses. So sick!”

Jordan_Vogue_1017_product-1080x720.jpg

So mad that these aren't available in men's sizes. I'd rock the F outta that red pair. Might buy a pair for my collection anyway, just keep 'em DS. This is a really cool, unique collab. I'd like to own them even if I can't wear them.

Back
Top Bottom