Jordan X White/DK Powder Blue-Black - Release 2/22

This release might have me sit out the steels. I don't need too many X's, because I end up not wearing them.

Can't wait 10's are my favorite Jordan's...hopefully I can collect the city series

Shocked to hear that. Rare statement. I always loved the outsole more than the rest of the sneaker.

Back in '95 when this cw released it was related to UNC Tar Heels...had nothing do with the Hornets...but it doesnt matter i'm just glad to see the cw releasing again...remember the Bobcats just got powder blue in there uniforms this past season & that could change in 2014 when they got back to Hornets name...

LMAO is powder blues NOT attaching a name and a label to a release? Hahaha and you are calling ANYONE else kid with that kind of contradictory statement? Unlike you and Derkro, apparently, I don't need to use the Internet to get the info about these. The powder blues were the nickname people gave these AFTER Mike came back to the league and the Charlotte Hornets were the nickname given to these when they actually released, well before I made this thread. For every nice kicks article, there are 10 sneakerfiles, sneaker watch, and sneaker bar Detroit articles listing these as the Hornets color way. Since you did so much research off the Internet and don't have your own knowledge of the shoe, why don't you type in the colors listed in google and see what pops up? Better yet, type them as they were originally shown on the box, white/black- dark powder blue. It's going to be a lot of info about the "Hornets" X's (exactly as they are labeled by nice kicks themselves in the title of your article).

LOL like I give a crap to name these after the worst team in basketball. And to the bobcats fan, you may want to take the part about MJ up with a little known station named ESPN. Copy and pasted from their cited article.

CHARLOTTE HORNETS OFFICIAL TEAM ALTERNATE UNI COLORS from. 1994-1995 season thru the 1995-1996 season (just so happens to be the timeframe these released);

Purple, Teal, White (franchise colors), LIGHT BLUE, Royal Blue, Kelly Green

http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamCo...Association/NationalBasketballAssociation.htm
I hate to get into this stupid argument, but I really hate nick names and dubbing these the "Charlotte Hornets" really really bothers me. This is the last I'm saying of anything related to the nickname.

I understand where you're coming from, light blue is in the jersey, but IMHO a stripe still doesn't make these in any way related to the Hornets colors. Look at all the others shoes from the "City Pack" - They have the PRIMARY color(s) related to that city's team, and makes them easily identifiable, so why would the "Hornets" color be different? If these were truly the "Hornets" the color would be teal, not powder blue. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't need the internet either, I had these in '95, I was around in '95, and no one called these the "Hornets"

Last edited:
LMAO is powder blues NOT attaching a name and a label to a release? Hahaha and you are calling ANYONE else kid with that kind of contradictory statement? Unlike you and Derkro, apparently, I don't need to use the Internet to get the info about these. The powder blues were the nickname people gave these AFTER Mike came back to the league and the Charlotte Hornets were the nickname given to these when they actually released, well before I made this thread. For every nice kicks article, there are 10 sneakerfiles, sneaker watch, and sneaker bar Detroit articles listing these as the Hornets color way. Since you did so much research off the Internet and don't have your own knowledge of the shoe, why don't you type in the colors listed in google and see what pops up? Better yet, type them as they were originally shown on the box, white/black- dark powder blue. It's going to be a lot of info about the "Hornets" X's (exactly as they are labeled by nice kicks themselves in the title of your article).

LOL like I give a crap to name these after the worst team in basketball. And to the bobcats fan, you may want to take the part about MJ up with a little known station named ESPN. Copy and pasted from their cited article.

CHARLOTTE HORNETS OFFICIAL TEAM ALTERNATE UNI COLORS from. 1994-1995 season thru the 1995-1996 season (just so happens to be the timeframe these released);

Purple, Teal, White (franchise colors), LIGHT BLUE, Royal Blue, Kelly Green

http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamCo...Association/NationalBasketballAssociation.htm
I don't need the internet either. I had these when they first released. And no, I didn't attach a name to them. Powder blue is the color, and a simple way to distinguish between very similar releases. It isn't some label. Maybe its because I was in California, but no one I knew ever called the the Charlotte Hornets. if anything they were associated with the Tar Heels. Seeing the UNC team bench wear these was the reason I wanted these more than anything.

File this right up there with calling any black/red colorway "bred" or the "raptors" nickname.

Sounds good, I don't get to decide nicknames from 20 years ago that you don't like because the color doesn't take up as much space on a jersey as you see fit. I DID NOT NAME THESE THE HORNETS, it existed well before this thread. You're insane if you think I gave this shoe a new nickname and you're gonna throw around that I'm some kid attaching black toes to 13's and bred's to black and red Jordan releases because I'm logged into an account created 7 weeks ago.

EDIT: hahaha censored again. See ya JB.

Last edited:
Finally a pair of Xs. These are sick. Still waiting on a Sonic rerelease, but better yet a team.

Is there a difference between the city series and the powder blues? Or are they the same?
Same some people say Charlotte Hornets some say UNC because they actually wore them and thats MJ's College. Same shoe though just happy to see it finally retro. Hope the Knicks retro also.

Is there a difference between the city series and the powder blues? Or are they the same?
Same some people say Charlotte Hornets some say UNC because they actually wore them and thats MJ's College. Same shoe though just happy to see it finally retro. Hope the Knicks retro also.

yea i just viewed the thread and there's a war wating to erupt ahahaha. Well nice to see these retro. I wouldn't mind if they released the sacramento pair

Last edited:
yea i just viewed the thread and there's a war wating to erupt ahahaha. Well nice to see these retro. I wouldn't mind if they released the sacramento pair

LOL no war. I'm not posting on it anymore if I can't say my views. I had 2 more threads to make with new JB releases but I'll just keep those in the PM's. I agree tho, that Sacramento pair was great. New York's would be a good pair to release too. That color way is always popular. Or were thise known as the Orange Flames before? That color's listed in the shoes colors and all...

I've heard the DB release for 2013 is supposed to be an AJ10 as well. That makes 3 pairs of 10's we have lined up now if that's true.

Back
Top Bottom