Jordan XI Adapt DEC 30, 2020

Let's be real for at least a second. And I say this as a child of the 80s/90s, and a HUGE Back to the Future fan ...

This "tech" is stupid in most cases. It's an answer to a question no one actually asked. It LEGIT started as a movie dream, and a movie within one of the greatest pop-culture movie phenomenons of all time. That's why the IDEA is dope, and why anyone even cares or is interested.

But in real life, even in 2020/2021? Nah. I have the first-gen Adapt BBs. They're cool as a gimmick, but once you get over that, they're just annoying. I'm kinda sorry I even bought them, other than the novelty. It's not difficult to tie your own freaking shoes. It's quick and simple. It works, and has worked for 200 years. Having to go to your phone and an app to screw with it is nonsense. And then on top of it, you have to remember to charge your shoes on the pad, update the app ... it's a giant waste of time and energy.

I wanted a pair of adapt BB until you just talked me out of it 😂

This "tech" is stupid in most cases. It's an answer to a question no one actually asked. It LEGIT started as a movie dream, and a movie within one of the greatest pop-culture movie phenomenons of all time. That's why the IDEA is dope, and why anyone even cares or is interested.
And this is why nobody cares about this “tech” outside of the mag. It makes no sense as an innovation, which it isn’t. It’s entire value as a gimmick is wrapped up in pop-culture nostalgia.

I wouldn't say its a just a gimmick. I think this tech opens the door to future improved self lacing shoes. Just need to give it time

standard watches are simple and have worked for 100+ years, so why have smart watches? smart watches aren't necessary, neither are self lacing shoes

I think this tech is pretty cool

I wanted a pair of adapt BB until you just talked me out of it 😂
LOL Well, this entire shoe obsession is nothing but something we do because we like it for whatever reason, so if you like the Adapts and want them, then you should get them. I like my pair, and they are fun to play with.
And this is why nobody cares about this “tech” outside of the mag. It makes no sense as an innovation, which it isn’t. It’s entire value as a gimmick is wrapped up in pop-culture nostalgia.
I wouldn't say its a just a gimmick. I think this tech opens the door to future improved self lacing shoes. Just need to give it time

standard watches are simple and have worked for 100+ years, so why have smart watches? smart watches aren't necessary, neither are self lacing shoes

I think this tech is pretty cool
It is mostly a gimmick because it doesn't really make the experience of wearing shoes better. If anything, like I said, it makes it more of a pain in the *** in some ways. But that's OK; 90 percent or more of sneaker "innovations" over the years have been nothing but gimmicks. We know this. It goes to show what a good invention AIR was, because it works and is still going as strong as ever more than 30 years after it came along. Wish I could say the same for the LA Gear Catapult, Converse React Juice, Reebok Pump/Hexalite ... the list goes on and on. But as a mechanical watch fan, I wouldn't say that analogy is completely appropriate. I have no interest in smart watches, but they do offer the user a ton of usable features that a standard old watch does not. It's an entirely different watch-using experience, whereas Adapt sneakers are still just shoes you wear that need to be tightened and loosened at times. If Adapt allowed you to somehow change the cushioning, that would be a lot more game-changing to me than the fact I no longer have to bend down to tie my shoes.

You make a fair point, though, about what it could be like in the future. But right now, it's not a big revolution. If I could do it over again, even though I like the shoes, I'd probably just save the $385 they cost after tax LOL

Last edited:
yeah and wheres the same people who have all the “plugs”.....? the instagrammers who use and get fakes all the time wont have these. they dont even know they have fakes most the time.

There is a 23 Live on snkrs set for 12/22 and there is an image of the 11 adapts, so my guess is they appear on snkrs once that goes live or soon after.

DJ Khaled is on it lol

Not the best looking colorway but these are a problem...

Cats gonna be all "bizzzzzzzzzzzittttt" and shhhhhhh....>D

Air Jordan 11 Adapt
Color: White/Multi-Color
Style Code: DA7990-100
Release Date: December 30, 2020
Price: $500
1608179106476.jpeg
1608179163285.jpeg
1608179136512.jpeg
1608179189209.jpeg
1608179201136.jpeg
1608179242320.jpeg
1608179211552.jpeg
1608179266332.jpeg
1608179279852.jpeg
1608179298233.jpeg

Any idea on production #’s with these? Haven’t seen a ton of other footsites/boutiques promoting the release, which makes me think they’ll be more limited than I hope, and there isn’t much chatter in here (yet) - Only 8 pages...

I’m definitely looking to get a pair for myself, but have a feeling they’ll be difficult to get knowing how things have been this year with any sneaker release.

Back
Top Bottom