Jordan XI Legend Blue - December 14, 2024

In 96’ people loved them, even if not as much as Concords or Playoffs. I think as time has gone on though, their popularity declined while the other two og colorways retained theirs or even increased. The fact the patent leather yellows over time doesn’t do the colorway any favors. They are gorgeous out the box though, no doubt.

To be fair, it takes at least a decade for any yellowing to show on the patent leather, if you don't get wears in by then, idk what to tell you lol. My 01s took at least 12-13 years before any yellowing happened, and it wasn't even that bad. Even still, you can fix that issue as well.

1662230545148.gif

I'm not sure how accurate this one is with these details. Perhaps these will be re-released in August 2023 with a projected retail price of $225. The style code is listed in this one for anyone who wants it.

The random and shocking thing is that Nick Anderson of the Magic actually wore the Columbia XI in this game if you take a look at these photos. That's crazy because most people will pretty much remember Jordan wearing them in that season's NBA All-Star Game. I doubt anyone will recall Anderson wearing the Columbia XI earlier in the 1995-96 season, a few months before that All-Star Game.

The random and shocking thing is that Nick Anderson of the Magic actually wore the Columbia XI in this game if you take a look at these photos. That's crazy because most people will pretty much remember Jordan wearing them in that season's NBA All-Star Game. I doubt anyone will recall Anderson wearing the Columbia XI earlier in the 1995-96 season, a few months before that All-Star Game.

I remember that NBA season so well...the bulls probably went on 20-0 run lol. It was a shock when they lost at all that season.

Growing up these were always my least favorite of the XI’s. Partly because I hated all white shoes, accept for AF1’s. Never owned a pair, but I’ll be happy to add to the collection.
Yeah I'm leaning towards getting them just to complete the OG set, but otherwise they have always been my least favorite by far

In 96’ people loved them, even if not as much as Concords or Playoffs. I think as time has gone on though, their popularity declined while the other two og colorways retained theirs or even increased. The fact the patent leather yellows over time doesn’t do the colorway any favors. They are gorgeous out the box though, no doubt.
Facts I was 11 or 12 at the time & I tell younger dudes this all the time ppl really weren’t feeling the 11’s until the Columbias dropped..Ppl were kinda hit or miss with the Concords..

I just stumbled on this article that's nearly 3 months old, and it speculates the Columbia could possibly be the holiday/December 2023 XI retro release.

Do y'all think the Columbia will be the annual XI retro release for next December before any confirmation comes out?

It's pretty much been the typical annual releases with the XI in the last few years with the low versions saturated throughout the calendar year, then a lone mid version releasing in December.

Back
Top Bottom