Jordan XI Legend Blue - December 14, 2024

Facts I was 11 or 12 at the time & I tell younger dudes this all the time ppl really weren’t feeling the 11’s until the Columbias dropped..Ppl were kinda hit or miss with the Concords..

Most of this is true as it relates to me.

I've acknowledged throughout this site that I actually disliked the Concord when they first came out that season. But I changed my stance over time when I started to like them in 2001. I never cared for the Columbia. I got into the XI when the Black/Red came out in April 1996, which I still have.

I truly liked the Space Jam version Jordan wore in the 1995 NBA Playoffs. But the accurate replica of that version wasn't available for the public until December 2016.

Something in relation to this thread...

I can't believe someone would overpay for some Columbia XI that are over 26 years old and not wearable due to age. It's also interesting to see the patent leather cut on an original like this one is slightly lower than the height found on the XI from 2016 to present.

I can't believe someone would overpay for some Columbia XI that are over 26 years old and not wearable due to age. It's also interesting to see the patent leather cut on an original like this one is slightly lower than the height found on the XI from 2016 to present.

It's not that significant. Just a few millimeters off. I've done this measurement on my comparison videos on youtube. But yes, the OG is just a tad shorter on the 2016 and up on retros with the high patent leather cuts.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 534
Caped and waited overnight for the legend blues in 2014. Was disappointed and sold them.

Columbias I’m in, my uncle said he had the blue and white og joints back in the day, I knew exactly what he was talking about

Although there's no confirmation yet, the annual XI mid release for next year is leaning toward the Columbia, not the Gamma, based on this guy speculating in the latter part of this video where he's discussing the XI. Skim toward the end of this video to peep that mentioned segment about the XI.

Hopefully they don’t give them the re-imagined features with the yellow patent leather.

Anyone else concerned they would give this original colorway the stupid reimagined gimmick, it appears they will be spared from that if they're released next year as the annual December Jordan XI because the Jordan 1 High Black Toe is rumored to be re-released with the reimagined treatment for the holiday 2023 season.

I’m personally sick of the reimagined stuff. Give me retros without the aging or cracking. If I want that let me do it myself, I want OGs and if they get dirty I’m gonna clean them. What they’re doing is lazy and blasphemy!

TREASON!
I'm ok with it if it's tastefully done and not oversaturated. Preferably on colorways we have gotten previously. I don't want the MB4s as a remaster when we haven't gotten a respectable OG release yet.

I personally do not think they ever will pre vintage an 11. Nothing about that concept could ever come out looking acceptable imo.
Doing it to the Chicago 1s and White Cement 3s is taking 2 top 5 shoes for a lot of people and trying to add to the mystique and legend and all that.

Doing it to certainly the 4th most popular 11 would just be weird lol.

I will say that I personally love the yellow patent and brown bottoms on OG pairs. Love it. No way on the forced treatment.

Columbia's re-imagined.

Back
Top Bottom