Jordan XIV (14) REAL OR FAKE?

I came across these in a box of shoes I had stored away that I pretty much forgot about. I can't recall exactly when I got my hands on these but I would say it was in between the time frame of 2002-2005. At the time I figured since they weren't an official color way that they were fakes, but I had also thought the quality was on point, I knew nothing about samples then. After reading up on the XIV's it seems that there were many sample color ways leaked, this is a color way that I've never seen anywhere. I wore them kind of carelessly thinking they were fakes but I'm kind of starting to question my assumption. What do you guys think? Also I know the bottoms are dirty, like I said I wore them pretty carelessly lol
imag0002cz.jpg

imag0003hg.jpg
imag0008sw.jpg
imag0007kh.jpg

Those are fake.

Samples will have a 'SAMPLE' on the size tag.

EDIT:

Reason for being fake is, they do not exist.

You were right with your initial thought, they are fake, because that CW has never officially been released by Jordan Brand -the carbon fiber gives them away and rules them out as being samples.

Many of the fakes that appeared circa 2000-2007 were terrible compared to the Jordans of the day, but they are on par with the real Jordans of now, hence why you might think the quality seems on point. The leather that the majority of fakes used back then was the same kind of bicast leather that JB uses now, they also had more padding around the ankles and tongues than their current authentic counterparts.

In the White/cement IV thread, only one or two old schoolers pointed out that the new IVs were just like the fake pairs that were floating about 6-10 years ago -however, they were either dismissed or ridiculed because these hipsters/youngsters/JB apologists refuse to accept the truth ...because of course, that would mean admitting they're knowingly buying an inferior product.

So to justify themselves, they actually have the nerve to turn it around now and say the 2012 WC IVs are better quality than the OGs and '99s. 
indifferent.gif

I can't take seriously anybody who says that -hypebeast -period.

I could write a damn novel based on just how much JB has deteriorated over the past two years, but no-one would or could care to read it ...you can't open your eyes when you have your head buried in the sand.

I'm starting to sweat now .../rant! 
mad.gif

First, thanks to you 2 for responding, 2nd aphexsacid, over the years the size tag has faded you can still see some print on it but most of its gone and I never thought back then to analyze the tag for the sample print because I didn't know samples existed. 3rd firepower, How so does the carbon fiber give them away? The carbon fiber on these is more firm then any I've seen on the 11's, where did you get that information that samples weren't released with this carbon fiber print? I've never seen that clarified anywhere. You are right about the leather, its top notch leather materials. I don't see anything that states a differential in materials were used to make the shoes from that of an official color way, other then the color way itself. And if they are fake where did they come from? I've never seen this color way anywhere else. You would think if they were fakes they would have been mass produced, yet they aren't up for sell on any of the fake sites. 

Let me break it down like this:

You say you're not too sure how you got these.

I can guarantee you, you would remember exactly how you got these if they were samples. Period.

I remember how I got them, I bought them off a guy in my city who had owned a shoe shop that was known across my city for getting his hands on exclusive Jordan's. I would say around the time the 20-21's came out, he had them before they hit stores. What I meant was if they're fakes then where they selling them at? because I've never seen another pair like them. Go look on all the fake little jordan sites you're not gonna see this color way. Look above the jumpman side emblem theres a red slash over it, thats some serious detail for some fakes.

You're looking for a pair of 10 year old fake shoes in a market where the product changes practically by the day. There are literally thousands of different fakes. And even different fakes made in different places and factories of the same model. For example, the black/red AJ 4. 10 different fake sites, can have 10 different versions. They're not ALL the same fake. And then theres the swap meets, little china shops etc etc.

And now you're talking about 10 years ago? The BOOM of the fake air jordan. Bizarre colors, portraits, and cartoon characters were all over the place in place of actual legitimate color schemes. Spongebob 4's instead of black and red 4's.

And lastly, YOU might think these are "on point", but i don't. The material is CHEAP. The tumbled leather ribs have no definition whatsoever. And the ankle guard area doesnt swoop up sharp enough.

Look at the holes in the ribs. They're SO TINY and there are WAY too many. You can barely see them.

Why don't you take a picture of the size tag and post it. Whatever is left of it since you say its faded.

@FP I know bro. I said at one point that there were some fake WC4's that looked BETTER than the 2K12. Better overall shape. Whatever i guess.

Lol, sorry for the rant, I was basically saying that if Jordan Brand officially released these now in 2012 and they came out looking the same as the pair you posted, everybody would lap them up saying the quality is great (you saying these fakes have good quality kinda proves my point)
HOWEVER...

That's not to say the pair you posted aren't easily distinguishable from the older XIVs ('99 and '05)

The leather is cheap and nasty -it would be acceptable by today's JB consumers, but not back in the day...

If you look at the back, you'll see the strip of material that runs on top of the rubber heel tab is pretty crooked -it should be virtually parallel with it.

My point about the carbon fiber is not that samples don't have various different types -but that, the CF here is not real

btw -I'm not saying that the XIVs from the past were perfect by any means or that they had the highest quality leather and materials possibly available with zero defects -they didn't, but they were better than these.

I know it would be damn cool if you found a really rare pair of samples stashed away like that and I sense from your posts that you're really wishing that's the case here, but unfortunately it's just not, they are definitely fakes -I know ijapino always asks that we give clear and specific reasons for a shoe being fake, and that just saying "they're off" is not good enough, but sometimes that is the only real explanation you can give based on the pics and evidence provided. This is one of those times.

This is the best size tag out the 2 shoes the other 1 is completely gone except for like 2 letters.
scaled.php

To be honest I really have no stock in if these are real or fake, I have nearly 40 pair of authentic jordans. I just found it extremely interesting and thought I would share.

Originally Posted by sneakahed81

This is the best size tag out the 2 shoes the other 1 is completely gone except for like 2 letters.
scaled.php

1000% FAKE. The font is completely wrong on the tag. Case closed.

Sorry man :-(

its cool if they are fake lol dont matter to me none, no need to be sorry, i'm really not a fan of the 14's outside the forest/whites. i'm more of a 4's/8's/11's/12's/15's type of guy
wink.gif
the pride of my collection are some silver/white jordan xv mocks, i'm currently working on restoring.

Back
Top Bottom