Josh Howard workout footage I shot that made the Washington Post/Slam

A few weeks ago I started my video business and Wednesday and Thursday I did some video work for my boy that's an up and coming trainer in Dallas.

Well yesterday I got a call saying Josh Howard's camp wanted some video of him dunking to show teams he's recovered from knee surgery. So I chopped up the video and made some clips and forwarded them to his manager. Today I got a call saying my video was in the Washington Post and a few minutes ago I saw it on SLAM online.

I just talked to his people and the video has created somewhat of a bidding war and has impacted his free agency..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...03/gIQAPdWnOO_blog.html?wprss=wizards-insider

Good job man
pimp.gif

nice vid!
crazy how all this happened lol

props to you if he gets a chance to revive his career aha
pimp.gif

He has talent, on both ends. It is amazing how far he has fallen from since he was a Mav, people forget he was an All Star one yr. Even then, he was somewhat flawed in that he comes out like gangbusters then fades the rest of the game. In fact IIRC, he used to lead the team in scoring in the 1st quarter and again, tapered off. I really believe somehow he was getting high in the locker room at the half. And then once he made the marijuana comment, the "I'm black so I don't care about the national anthem" video came out, he found out the baby ain't his, his buddy Quis getting traded, he just fell of super hard and then became injury prone.

Sadly, I think he will deal with ankle injuries his whole career. He is a forward jumper on his jump shot, moreso than almost anyone else I can think of in the NBA. I wish him the best though, wouldn't mind him here in OKC really.

Thanks...

This video has opened quite a few doors for me. I started the business as a way to get some cash while I pursue my dream of becoming president of basketball operations for an NBA team and was targeting high school kids. Now I have a few high profile clients and more workout videos w/ NBA players booked for early next week.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

He has talent, on both ends. It is amazing how far he has fallen from since he was a Mav, people forget he was an All Star one yr. Even then, he was somewhat flawed in that he comes out like gangbusters then fades the rest of the game. In fact IIRC, he used to lead the team in scoring in the 1st quarter and again, tapered off. I really believe somehow he was getting high in the locker room at the half. And then once he made the marijuana comment, the "I'm black so I don't care about the national anthem" video came out, he found out the baby ain't his, his buddy Quis getting traded, he just fell of super hard and then became injury prone.

Sadly, I think he will deal with ankle injuries his whole career. He is a forward jumper on his jump shot, moreso than almost anyone else I can think of in the NBA. I wish him the best though, wouldn't mind him here in OKC really.
LOL..
Man those two videos that went viral a few years ago really hurt his image. I've met and came across a lot of NBA players and Josh is the coolest one I've met.  

If ya'll are interested I'd post more videos next week.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Thanks...

This video has opened quite a few doors for me. I started the business as a way to get some cash while I pursue my dream of becoming president of basketball operations for an NBA team and was targeting high school kids. Now I have a few high profile clients and more workout videos w/ NBA players booked for early next week.
Man you lowkey make me jealous getting to work in and around basketball for a living.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Thanks...

Man you lowkey make me jealous getting to work in and around basketball for a living.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I plan on being back in LA sometime this summer, so I'll put you on...

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

LOL..
Man those two videos that went viral a few years ago really hurt his image. I've met and came across a lot of NBA players and Josh is the coolest one I've met.  

If ya'll are interested I'd post more videos next week.

Please do so. It;s funny, Brandon Roy ALMOST had the same kind of scandal break, he goes in the tunnel during the national anthem, but for whatever reason it just disappeared. He said, "if it bothers people I'll stop."

But yea I still remember my favorite Josh Howard highlight, in fact it was pretty much his first. It involved him AND Quis in fact. Don Nelson didn't play either a great deal right away, never even addressed them by name, just called the both "Rookie," and given that they even somewhat looked alike, they were almost interchangeable. Game was against the Hornets at home, Mavs were mauling that %!! out so both got some garbage minutes, he threw Quis a lob pass from like the opposite free throw line. He also NEVER passes if he gets a defensive rebound and starts to push it up himself, 3 on 1, 4 on 2, 2 on 1 break, doesn't matter, he's going all the way. He did mess it up with that timeout fiasco, but Mavs would have still had that title in 05 too if Avery would have played Quis earlier in the series, and if Stern didn't hate Cuban.

R.I.P to this duo and this era of Mavs basketball
4908009876_ae9da6630d.jpg

I moved to Dallas right when that era started. Those guys and Devin are still tight and Marquis is the only one that doesn't still live here in Dallas.

Remember when Nelly moved Marquis to PG and he was putting up Lebron #s?

Thanks...

pimp.gif

don't see the explosion but the drill where he was dribbling the 2 balls looked solid ... 

gl to you ... keep us updated ... 

I moved to Dallas right when that era started. Those guys and Devin are still tight and Marquis is the only one that doesn't still live here in Dallas.

Remember when Nelly moved Marquis to PG and he was putting up Lebron #s?
Man time flies.

Those two showed enough that the Mavs departed with Michael Finley.

Happy for you dude, especially cause I know some of the things (Clips job) didn't work out like you especially planned
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom