Josh Howard workout footage I shot that made the Washington Post/Slam

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I moved to Dallas right when that era started. Those guys and Devin are still tight and Marquis is the only one that doesn't still live here in Dallas.

Remember when Nelly moved Marquis to PG and he was putting up Lebron #s?
Man time flies.

Those two showed enough that the Mavs departed with Michael Finley.
From about 2004-2006 I thought those two would be cornerstones of our franchise.
tired.gif

I was really upset that both of them ended up leaving the team, I knew both of them really liked the Dallas area, and that they both got along pretty well.

I still think Josh can be a really effective player in the League, especially for a contender starting at SG. His shot can go a long way, and his ability to slash to the lane is pretty damn smooth too, but later in his Dallas stint he wore that out, and didn't slash as much.

I wish him the best of luck, keep up with this though my dude, do what you love to do. I wish I could do anything basketball related for the rest of my life. I'd be a ball boy that wipes up the sweat off the court everyday of my life if I could.
laugh.gif

I'd welcome either back, but I know it ain't happening.

good job bro. Werent you with the toros for a little while? Convince to come to the spurs
laugh.gif

Explosiveness vanished, but son still look smooth out there. Wish the best for both of yall

I moved to Dallas right when that era started. Those guys and Devin are still tight and Marquis is the only one that doesn't still live here in Dallas.

Remember when Nelly moved Marquis to PG and he was putting up Lebron #s?

Yep, dude was always approaching a triple double and even in his first start, I want to say was against Seattle, was something like 16,8,8. As JA mentioned, Josh kind of got "Finley syndrome" were he become OD jumpshot oriented but that whole team was. You can also blame coaching some. He was nice in the post with the basic over the left shoulder right handed jump hook and unstoppable off any type of set that involved him catching the ball on the move like a curl. But just the influence of being on that team I think makes you want to shoot jumpers. I have literally never seen a more jumpshot oriented team than some of the Mavs teams and with Stackhouse as well. I mean literally, 3 on 1 breakaways and they wouldn't even get a layup out of it, would end up with a 19ft baseline jumpers. They made them however at a staggering efficiency but still, I would just be
laugh.gif
like that's the best you could get out of that? And don't get me started on Dirk's inability to post up MUCH smaller defenders and get more than an 18ft turnaround, which he conquered that yr he murderalized Kenyon Martin and the Nuggets.

I heard they be down there all the time though, I have a friend who lives in Garland.

Devin Harris's dunks on Rodney Buford and the one on Chris Andersen
eek.gif

But who I really liked was Walt Williams. Here you had a guy who his whole basketball life was strictly a spotup shooter, from either the 2 or the 3 position. He arrives to the Mavs in his late 30s, all bandaged up from head to toe with all the knee braces and +$@% , and Don Nelson being who he was decides to make him a 4 and a 5, and have him handling the ball and all of a sudden on offense he has mismatches and is DUNKING on people! Dude literally dunked on Desmond Mason the same yr Desmond won the dunk contest... BACKWARDS! I liked he always wanted to fight somebody too.

Which reminds me remember when Raja was actually tough and not a flopping %%#** ? Or when we had Adrian Bugeyes Griffin and Greg Buckner at the same time and those dudes (Johnny Newman to an extent too) would literally lock the Paul Pierce's, Antoine Walker's, Shawn Marion's, Latrell Sprewell's, hell even Kobe Bryant up for the first 42 minutes of the game to something like 8 pts on horrible shooting, tons of TOs, and then Nelly would ALWAYS take them out to go to an all offense lineup in the 4th and those superstars would wreck (like Kobe's 8 for 8 in the 4th of that game when the Mavs blew a 1,239,493 pt lead).

Fun times.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Happy for you dude, especially cause I know some of the things (Clips job) didn't work out like you especially planned
pimp.gif

The Clippers failure was a blessing for me. I was working in PR which doesn't align w/ my long term goals. I took a step backwards to go to the D-League and the experience has been priceless.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

good job bro. Werent you with the toros for a little while? Convince to come to the spurs
laugh.gif
I'm still w/ the Texas Legends and working in basketball operations.

Where you at the game in frisco the other day?

pimp.gif

Best of luck to you. I remember you talking about it on Twitter but i didnt know the nature of your business. Good that it's something that lets you stay around an environment you want to work in.

Good **#

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

good job, were the videos severely edited to make him look like a beast? just curious.

Not really...of course i edited out missed shots. They only requested video of him dunking and i went above and beyond and put the workout on there. Its crazy because my video is going to get him and extra million or two in his contract.

Back
Top Bottom