Judge sentenced Jalen Rose to 20 days jail 1st DUI .12 BAC Detroit

Dude is about his Detroit community, gives back, started Jalen Rose School for children, clean record, had letters written from the mayor pleading for no jail time and also the probation recommended no jail time.

With all this the judge gave him 92 days with only 20 days to server the rest is suspended.

Jalen got a DUI charge in a high end Detroit suburb west Bloomfield. Racist town. I stay in Farmington Hills.

Its clear the Judge was a racist. Dude BAC was only .12. Heck my first DUI in detroit my bac was .24 and I had a record and I didnt even get any jail time

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]UPDATE:[/color] Ok so i read more about the judge. She is the toughest judge on DUI's in the nation. They said she lost a family member to somebody who was dui.. She is the only judge int he nation who sentence 1st time DUI jail time.

The Detroit Free Press actually just published a report highlighting Judge Small as "one of the toughest in the nation on first-time drunken driving offenders." She typically recommends between 14 and 30 days in jail, which is consistent with Rose's sentence. More: http://www.freep.com/arti...runken-driving-offenders

http://toronto.ctv.ca/ser...0727/?hub=TorontoNewHome
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. — Former Toronto Raptor Jalen Rose was sentenced to 20 days in jail Wednesday for a drunken-driving crash along a snowy suburban Detroit road.
Rose, a college star at the University of Michigan, actually was sentenced to 92 days in custody, but District Court Judge Kimberly Small suspended all but 20. He was also given a year of probation.

"You're not here because you drank. I have no problem with that; have at it," the judge said. "I do mind when you get behind the wheel of a two-ton vehicle and use it as a weapon against the rest of us."

Rose pleaded guilty in May. At that time, he said he veered off a West Bloomfield Township road in March after drinking six martinis. His blood-alcohol content was 0.12 per cent, above Michigan's legal driving limit of 0.08. No one was injured.

"I have no one to blame but myself for endangering the community," Rose said in court Wednesday.

Rose's lawyer, James Burdick, noted that the probation department did not recommend jail.

"The people have hired me, not my probation department," the judge replied.

Prominent people sent letters to the court supporting Rose, including Detroit Mayor Dave Bing. Rose, a Detroit native, is opening a school in the city that will bear his name.

"Judge Small, for what it's worth, I fully believe Jalen was being truthful to me when he stated, 'I will never drink and drive again or ever be in any other court for any violation of the law,"' Bing wrote.

Rose played 13 NBA seasons and now is a pro basketball analyst at ESPN.

Ya'll quick to pull this race car +@%%#!%# 
eyes.gif

All depends on the judge. When I got a DWI in Houston, I got the worst judge on the bench. No breath sample, no blood sample, clean video, no prior record, etc.

Sentence? 45 days.

Came in here because I thought you were talking about the ex-Mod.

Lock this up.

Good! He called Duke players Uncle Toms.

No in all seriousness, I'm completely against drunk driving and I think if you do get caught it should be some jail time. Just do it for everyone though, more celebs have gotten off on a lot more serioius charges than that

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Came in here because I thought you were talking about the ex-Mod.

Word. That chump can swallow razor blades for all I care.
laugh.gif

Really? REALLY!?! Dude got off easy if you ask me. I personally have no sympathy for anyone who is stupid enough to get behind the wheel after drinking.

My cousin did so and killed someone (a random chick he picked up that night at the bar) and is in jail for the rest of his life. My friend from high school did it and killed 3 people and is locked up for the rest of his. My other cousin has had 2 dui's and has her license revoked for idk how long.

If it were up to me, if you get caught drinking and driving you should have your license revoked permanently. Too many people think its ok to do this and unfortunately its too late once they realize it most of the time.

Good. Last thing that needed to happen was an accident because of impaired driving. Folks so quick to pull the race card...stop boo-hoo'ing...

Only reason the race card was pulled is because with this epidemic of athletes/former athletes getting DUI's, how many of them have gotten sentenced like this?

Good that Jalen got tossed for 20 days.

I hear ya, Pro....These athletes/entertainers get nothing but the usual slaps on the wrist for DUIs and the one time a judge actually upholds the law to a certain extent, it's gotta be racism....

Good for the judge.

Man I think it's warranted. Have to agree with Judge on this - 20 days? Shoot. I know people who have committed less for way more time.

wasn't there a football player that killed a guy while driving under the influence, and he got like 30 days?

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Really? REALLY!?! Dude got off easy if you ask me. I personally have no sympathy for anyone who is stupid enough to get behind the wheel after drinking.

My cousin did so and killed someone (a random chick he picked up that night at the bar) and is in jail for the rest of his life. My friend from high school did it and killed 3 people and is locked up for the rest of his. My other cousin has had 2 dui's and has her license revoked for idk how long.

If it were up to me, if you get caught drinking and driving you should have your license revoked permanently. Too many people think its ok to do this and unfortunately its too late once they realize it most of the time.

Seriously? Its not illegal to drink and drive though. Its illegal to be impaired over the limit. A person license should not be revoked for life because they made one mistake.

Thats like saying your license should be revoked if you forgot to use your turn signals. Dude BAC was only .12 and he is a big man so I m pretty sure he was mildly buzzed.

Like i said its not illegal to drink and drive

Back
Top Bottom