December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

#YallsMan

We’re mad because people made money?

You lost me on that one... I’ve been investing in stocks as much as I can. I’ve given this thread civilian advice on when to buy and what to look for. He made good moves that has held his business up, stocks are doing well enough. No matter the personal aspects of him, his company or his mindset I should be humble enough to learn what he did and what he’s investing in to get to that level. Or at least play in the game. Just my thoughts though.

You lost me on that one... I’ve been investing in stocks as much as I can. I’ve given this thread civilian advice on when to buy and what to look for. He made good moves that has held his business up, stocks are doing well enough. No matter the personal aspects of him, his company or his mindset I should be humble enough to learn what he did and what he’s investing in to get to that level. Or at least play in the game. Just my thoughts though.
This makes him lying off all those employees during a pandemic when he didn't have & that other thing were u don't fire them, but u don't pay them either and tell them to "go home" look even worse. Just some very selfish stuff tainted morals stuff.

This makes him lying off all those employees during a pandemic when he didn't have & that other thing were u don't fire them, but u don't pay them either and tell them to "go home" look even worse. Just some very selfish stuff tainted morals stuff.

Don’t disagree... but he is running a business not a morality center. Selfish, yes. Tainted morales is a question of opinion based on your belief.

The people laid off largely should have been. They weren’t doing anything, weren’t being used, and didn’t draw a dime. Don’t remember the whole list but when I read it I vividly remember thinking “I’m surprised they even still worked there.” Pretty sure I said something along the same lines here.

Don’t disagree... but he is running a business not a morality center. Selfish, yes. Tainted morales is a question of opinion based on your belief.

The people laid off largely should have been. They weren’t doing anything, weren’t being used, and didn’t draw a dime. Don’t remember the whole list but when I read it I vividly remember thinking “I’m surprised they even still worked there.” Pretty sure I said something along the same lines here.
Bingo. From a moral perspective it's wack as hell, but unfortunately that's just how these businesses and rich folks work for the most part.

There were more than wrestlers being let off. I believe most were backstage officials, and I don't agree w/ bad business being "good business." You **** enough people over and it will come back on you. It always does though when you're in a high position. It may happen when you're dead, but it will happen.

Primo & Epico should've been fired damn near a decade ago.

There were more than wrestlers being let off. I believe most were backstage officials, and I don't agree w/ bad business being "good business." You **** enough people over and it will come back on you. It always does though when you're in a high position. It may happen when you're dead, but it will happen.

Primo & Epico should've been fired damn near a decade ago.

Again, the statement of karma could be true. That is based on your belief and not business sense. What you are seeing as screwing someone over is just seen as downsizing for bottom line purposes. It’s not personal, it’s business.

That isn’t saying morally it doesn’t suck, because it does. But if you think like the employee (Talent or backstage) vs. the one who is running everything with his own money then you will never see that side of things. It would just be an emotional rationale of why Vince is a bad guy doing bad guy things like Scrooge before he saw the 3 Christmas spirits.

Yes, Primo and Epico should have been gone.

Bingo. From a moral perspective it's wack as hell, but unfortunately that's just how these businesses and rich folks work for the most part.

I mean... is it unfortunate?

Look at what the outcome COULD be. Not saying it will... but Vince flooded the market with “talent”. Backstage and in ring... A&E, New Japan, TNA, ROH, and whatever else is around now gets to bid on that talent.

The talent in turn builds their expertise and resume outside of the confines of the big market. They get to perfect their craft and build new skills. Everyone gets better and should be more entertaining.

It should be seen as a win win... but it’s not.

v9ey6jjs0z751.jpg

I mean... is it unfortunate?

Look at what the outcome COULD be. Not saying it will... but Vince flooded the market with “talent”. Backstage and in ring... A&E, New Japan, TNA, ROH, and whatever else is around now gets to bid on that talent.

The talent in turn builds their expertise and resume outside of the confines of the big market. They get to perfect their craft and build new skills. Everyone gets better and should be more entertaining.

It should be seen as a win win... but it’s not.
I don't disagree with that at all. How come we haven't seen more of these talents show up elsewhere yet?

Did they have non-competes even though they were released? That doesn't seem like it can be the case, but who knows.

Again, the statement of karma could be true. That is based on your belief and not business sense. What you are seeing as screwing someone over is just seen as downsizing for bottom line purposes. It’s not personal, it’s business.

That isn’t saying morally it doesn’t suck, because it does. But if you think like the employee (Talent or backstage) vs. the one who is running everything with his own money then you will never see that side of things. It would just be an emotional rationale of why Vince is a bad guy doing bad guy things like Scrooge before he saw the 3 Christmas spirits.

Yes, Primo and Epico should have been gone.
Eh, its just a lot funny style stuff going on, from them tryna have Mania in a stadium unitil the very last minute, it being named an "essential business," the mass firing, etc. WWE has heavily contributed to the prolonged stay-ins, social distancing, and that. Not mention they try to act like da rona doesn't.

They're very negligent in regards to their works (this doesn't even start at da rona. They're very negligent in regards to public safety. They're very negligent in regards to the local economy. Am I happy to see everything Sasha & Bayley has been involved in? Of course, but that could've/should've been at another time.

WWE has years of archival footage they could've worked into the weekly programing instead of live taping/unsafe tapings. Hell I said they should air stuff like the New Day podcast live, host matches w/ commentary, show a day to day w/ Vince, **** idk. They have so many outlets & avenues, yet they only use the one unsafe one. The have been highly negligent, & all that company is doing is making it harder from themselves to install live arena sized crowds again.

This is bad bad business w/ short term benefits.

Please respect Kayfabe Lance.

I don't disagree with that at all. How come we haven't seen more of these talents show up elsewhere yet?

Did they have non-competes even though they were released? That doesn't seem like it can be the case, but who knows.

Great question, I wouldn’t have the inside track on that one.

Also curious, if you get terminated wouldn’t a non compete be null and void? I’d think it would be hard to hold up a termination And a non compete but I don’t know.

Also curious, if you get terminated wouldn’t a non compete be null and void? I’d think it would be hard to hold up a termination And a non compete but I don’t know.
Yeah I dunno. If that's the case though, that's something that the talents obviously agreed to and were cool with when signing their contracts.

This always gets brought up, I am assuming this is something written into the contract. Again, some of the stuff they get away with boggles my mind.

Also, the funny thing about the Gallows/ANderson situation is WWE JUST resigned them, begging them not to go anywhere else only to turn around and release them.

Funny company man.

Eh, its just a lot funny style stuff going on, from them tryna have Mania in a stadium unitil the very last minute, it being named an "essential business," the mass firing, etc. WWE has heavily contributed to the prolonged stay-ins, social distancing, and that. Not mention they try to act like da rona doesn't.

They're very negligent in regards to their works (this doesn't even start at da rona. They're very negligent in regards to public safety. They're very negligent in regards to the local economy. Am I happy to see everything Sasha & Bayley has been involved in? Of course, but that could've/should've been at another time.

WWE has years of archival footage they could've worked into the weekly programing instead of live taping/unsafe tapings. Hell I said they should air stuff like the New Day podcast live, host matches w/ commentary, show a day to day w/ Vince, **** idk. They have so many outlets & avenues, yet they only use the one unsafe one. The have been highly negligent, & all that company is doing is making it harder from themselves to install live arena sized crowds again.

This is bad bad business w/ short term benefits.

Well, I understand what you’re saying but you are basing your examples on feelings. Saying they could have done this or should have done that is an opinion about someone else’s business. (Literal not figurative). They aren’t choosing to run their business that way, so as a consumer I have the right and opportunity to support it (or not) however I feel.

Mania is a good topic... you are referencing something that makes the company millions and millions of dollars, something that also makes the city of Tampa A TON of money. Someone running a business would definitely want to not miss that, but the decision was made for them. All about choices on how you support things.

Example I don’t like a lot of what the main brand does for the most part, it’s repetitive and continues to have short term/not interesting story line. I like a good story, so I don’t want Raw or SD. I’ll catch the big PPVs and maybe some of the B shows. I like watching the rookies and others in NXT. My preference, these are the ways I support and don’t.

If public health admins deem them safe and worthy to run shows, I nor you are in a position to tell them otherwise. I certainly don’t work for the CDC. If you just personally don’t like what they are doing or how they are handling it, I understand. But that’s still a matter of personal opinion.

And no one in the states is having live sporting events. It’s not going to happen anytime soon. UFC has been running events for a month and they don’t have anyone live. Would be very hard pressed to find anyone doing as much as the UFC has done with regards to healthy and safety and yet they don’t have an audience. It’s just not in the cards right now.

Apparently that did end up being the case, even though the initial dirt sheet stuff said otherwise. Not sure if some of them were given severance packages that would've messed with that or what. Anderson and Gallows DEFINITELY did.

Back
Top Bottom