December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

"Family" business. Long standing relationship with the COlon family. Having them hired is probably more of an investment than anything. An investment on first dibs on anything special coming out of the PR "Territory."

Probably true for sure, always better to build those relationships.

This always gets brought up, I am assuming this is something written into the contract. Again, some of the stuff they get away with boggles my mind.

Also, the funny thing about the Gallows/ANderson situation is WWE JUST resigned them, begging them not to go anywhere else only to turn around and release them.

Funny company man.

Definitely funny, all told as a company they shouldn’t invest anything into tag teams.

Just seems like a huge money pit for them. But they keep half heartedly trying.

Well, I understand what you’re saying but you are basing your examples on feelings. Saying they could have done this or should have done that is an opinion about someone else’s business. (Literal not figurative). They aren’t choosing to run their business that way, so as a consumer I have the right and opportunity to support it (or not) however I feel.

Mania is a good topic... you are referencing something that makes the company millions and millions of dollars, something that also makes the city of Tampa A TON of money. Someone running a business would definitely want to not miss that, but the decision was made for them. All about choices on how you support things.

Example I don’t like a lot of what the main brand does for the most part, it’s repetitive and continues to have short term/not interesting story line. I like a good story, so I don’t want Raw or SD. I’ll catch the big PPVs and maybe some of the B shows. I like watching the rookies and others in NXT. My preference, these are the ways I support and don’t.

If public health admins deem them safe and worthy to run shows, I nor you are in a position to tell them otherwise. I certainly don’t work for the CDC. If you just personally don’t like what they are doing or how they are handling it, I understand. But that’s still a matter of personal opinion.

And no one in the states is having live sporting events. It’s not going to happen anytime soon. UFC has been running events for a month and they don’t have anyone live. Would be very hard pressed to find anyone doing as much as the UFC has done with regards to healthy and safety and yet they don’t have an audience. It’s just not in the cards right now.
Yeah the City of Tampa had the ability to cancel things much earlier on their end. THEY were the ones with the most power in this situation as far as canceling goes. People were set to fly in from all over the world and a lot of money was going to be on the table for the city. It's a really big deal tourism-wise when a city gets Mania. Basically like a week long event.

And yes, Florida did deem wrestling as an essential business, and that wasn't just a thing that WWE took advantage of. A&W headed right on over to Jacksonville with the quickness. Not sure what other companies were/have been doing, but they also could've taken advantage. IT is a business at the end of the day.

Yeah the City of Tampa had the ability to cancel things much earlier on their end. THEY were the ones with the most power in this situation as far as canceling goes. People were set to fly in from all over the world and a lot of money was going to be on the table for the city. It's a really big deal tourism-wise when a city gets Mania. Basically like a week long event.

And yes, Florida did deem wrestling as an essential business, and that wasn't just a thing that WWE took advantage of. A&W headed right on over to Jacksonville with the quickness. Not sure what other companies were/have been doing, but they also could've taken advantage.

Absolutely spot on.

And yes, Florida did deem wrestling as an essential business, and that wasn't just a thing that WWE took advantage of. A&W headed right on over to Jacksonville with the quickness. Not sure what other companies were/have been doing, but they also could've taken advantage. IT is a business at the end of the day.
Good point as well. We seem to forget that in all of this, but I feel that is because the measures in which each company have taken with keeping their workers "safe."

Well, I understand what you’re saying but you are basing your examples on feelings. Saying they could have done this or should have done that is an opinion about someone else’s business. (Literal not figurative). They aren’t choosing to run their business that way, so as a consumer I have the right and opportunity to support it (or not) however I feel.

Mania is a good topic... you are referencing something that makes the company millions and millions of dollars, something that also makes the city of Tampa A TON of money. Someone running a business would definitely want to not miss that, but the decision was made for them. All about choices on how you support things.

Example I don’t like a lot of what the main brand does for the most part, it’s repetitive and continues to have short term/not interesting story line. I like a good story, so I don’t want Raw or SD. I’ll catch the big PPVs and maybe some of the B shows. I like watching the rookies and others in NXT. My preference, these are the ways I support and don’t.

If public health admins deem them safe and worthy to run shows, I nor you are in a position to tell them otherwise. I certainly don’t work for the CDC. If you just personally don’t like what they are doing or how they are handling it, I understand. But that’s still a matter of personal opinion.

And no one in the states is having live sporting events. It’s not going to happen anytime soon. UFC has been running events for a month and they don’t have anyone live. Would be very hard pressed to find anyone doing as much as the UFC has done with regards to healthy and safety and yet they don’t have an audience. It’s just not in the cards right now.
Fair enough. We're agreeing & disagreeing. I get it, but I'm just watching WWE fumble this along w/ the rest of Florida:

They have 100k+ cases, and the way that whole state has been moving negatively effects the 48 other states (excluding Haiti).People are dying, businesses are shutting down, and ppl are going broke. They majority of ppl profiting off of this minority ppl in Vince's tax bracket. That bailout was buns, they fead us crumbs <--- Off the dome, b.

I just look it as if I don't smack a horse on the booty, then I less prone to being kicked.

Good point as well. We seem to forget that in all of this, but I feel that is because the measures in which each company have taken with keeping their workers "safe."
Yeah I mean at least from what has been "reported", IT does seem as though A&W has been better in that regard, so kudos to them for that.

img_20190616_154108-jpg.2361337

D deleted - Young Shotaro was looking solid as hell in the Suwama match.

He is a Great Pluto trainee with some actual potential, but some dudes want to keep putting their faith in Sonata instead :lol:

Back
Top Bottom