July's Jordan Brand News - Updated July 25

r u serious about the black/green XIII's...is this real...c'mon ekin give us some info...holla

Id need to see the denim before I give the |I
tired.gif

Support Pogiboy67, check out his auctions!

Support LazyJ10, Buy stuff from me!!!!

yes yes yes black and green, black and green... black/red's and these are copped....
I've been here for 2 years and counting.
"Smoke the purple haze, my rhythmical lines leave you in a daze."

I can see the Black/Green looking like the old Black/Red samples, but switch the red for the green pods on the side...

And I can see the Denim XIII being lows...
[/b]
[/b]​

Everyone -

If you buy Jordan clothing (shirts, shorts, etc.).....you will be happy to learn that you will be saving alot of money this coming year. It is some of the ugliest stuff that I have ever layed my eyes on.

Basically, its based on motorcycle wear. The clothing features alot of velcro straps....a la motorcycle straps.....

JB will HURT next year...

Oh yah....and the women get the best colors in the XIII.....at least in my opinion.....White/Black....White Grey....

On the good side, if you were a big fan of the TWO3 clothing line, you'll see a comeback of it next year...

The TWO3 apparel line will incorporate alot of the retro footwear such as the 10's and 13's, that's why you see the "weird" colorways.

I've got a list of stuff but I don't want to make anything "official" yet...

brb, EKIN702 :wink:
wink.gif

"People ask me why I do it...I don't even say a word, they just wouldn't understand."

EKIN@gmail.com

I'm having mixed emotions about this news. But regardless thanks for the input!
I dont know what's better gettin laid or gettin paid............I just know while I'm gettin 1 the other's gettin AWAY!

Thank you very much for the updates, Max. This has certainly been an interesting month thus far.

I'll, of course, reserve judgment until we finally have the opportunity to see these black/green xiiis, but the inclusion of denim within such a product seems troubling. Somehow, it strikes me as more derivative than creative, and I certainly hope it doesn't signal a labored descent into triteness of the Nike Dunk or Air Force 1.

The last thing I want from the Jordan line is for it to adopt strategies from Nike Retro. I don't want 2,000 different variations of a synthetic fad, nor do I care for artificially manipulated demand for the purpose of cultivating elitism.
We're nowhere near that point, thankfully, but I do sometimes fear that dozens of retro colorways are straining otherwise classic and distinctive designs to the point of overuse.

Whether black/green xiiis come across a product of innovation or desperation will likely hinge on just how many XIIIs Jordan brand plans on releasing in the coming year. I hope this is simply a way of expressing unique color schemes through familiar designs as a breath of fresh air - not a frenzied attempt to differentiate 10 iterations of the same exact shoe.

I have faith, though. Those in charge are certainly cognizant of what they're simultaneously producing and defending. Perhaps they can make denim work while retaining the aesthetic values that have characterized the Jordan line thus far, and hopefully this isn't a sign that we'll see perpetual retro products struggling to maintain their impact.

Though I'm not committed to the notion of draping myself in forest green, I'm nonetheless thrilled to hear that Two3 gear will be making a comeback in one form or another.

Let's just hope that, this time out, the two 3 line receives proper support and placement. Aside from that one season's worth of Two-3 gear on Eastbay and a smattering of products on nike.com, it was an absolute trial to locate items of interest. In my mind, there's never been a question of whether or not there was a market for that style of product. Rather, it was simply a question of to what extent people would go out of their way simply to purchase Two-3 products. Obviously, not everyone was willing to pay premium prices for clothes sight unseen, or scour their local area for stores that carry a fraction of the line.

As far as the 'weird' color schemes Max mentioned:
I like two-3 as a more mature, decorous extension of clean, understated, and elegant Jordan products. I'm not looking to two-3 as a means of exploring every crevice of the spectrum - more as a way to represent the refined sophistication of Jordan brand within a formal context.

In other words, I'm not looking for a turquoise golf shirt or dandelion yellow slacks and the shoes to match. I would prefer, instead, to look for the type of classic, yet contemporary influence and subtle, nuanced design that, to me, encapsulate the spirit and purpose of Two-3.

Sorry, but Im new to the shoe game. I only have 1 pair of Js (Obsidian/White XIIs), Since my last pair were the XIVs in 5th grade (I'm going to the 10th!). But, what exactly is the Two3 gear that everyone is talking about?

^^ Two3 was supposed to be a higher-class jordan line (unlike athletic-based jordan gear). It had jeans, sweaters, dressier shoes, overshirts, etc.

Tonikaku, good to see you again Ekin!! I just hit up this place in monterey park and for $20 they give you kahlua pork, teri beef, and chicken katsu (about 2-3lbs EACH :wow:
eek.gif
) We couldnt finish it w 5 ppl, haha.

Thanks for dropping the new info tho. When i imagine the black/green xiii's, i see them as similar to the XIV's. Only subtle hints of green, and mostly white and black. But maybe i'm totally off :tongue:
tongue.gif

God show me the way, cuz the devil's tryna break me
The only thing I pray is that my feet don't fail me now...

Quote:
On the good side, if you were a big fan of the TWO3 clothing line, you'll see a comeback of it next year...

Whoo-hoo!!!
(me)

(my wallet)

Shut up, wallet.

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

Hello Everyone...

Just back to drop a tidbit of info...nothing big

As previously stated in numerous posts....the Jordan 1.5 will be Carmelo Anthony's signature shoe.....BUT, unlike the other posts have stated....The 1.5's will feature Carmelo's logo on the upper portion of the shoe, which is "Melo" in cursive writing.....NOT the wings logo as pictures of the shoe have shown.....

On a side note directed to my post above....

As I said...lots of straps/zippers/tight fit clothes are featured in the Apparel in Spring 05.
But with the ugly comes the beautiful as one of the coolest looking T-shirts I have seen in awhile will release. Its called the "Jordan History" tee.

Its hard to get hyped up over a t-shirt(s)...but..It features Jordans III, IV, V,VI, X, XI, and XVIII lying in a heap. It looks really neat.

That design and idea of shoes lying in a "heap" will be feautred as the design for most of the shirts/shorts/hats/etc. Along with the "collage" that has been talked about on here.

BRB

is it a given that the shorts will come w/ the jersey's or is that a stupid question because i dont see the shorts in the pic ? :D
happy.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
February 2005

Air Jordan 13

Black/Green

I thought the Blue/Grey were coming in February too. Are they pulling another thing like having the Melo and Chrome 2s on the same day??

And denim?? hmmmmm..... :smile:
smile.gif

I like the tag teaming of Max and Ballah on the info. Thanks a lot.

Free: "We're gonna flip a coin to see whose video plays first! Dre, what you callin'?"
Dre: "I want heads."
Big Boi: "I want some head too."​

:wow:
eek.gif
@ Black/Green XIII's and White/Purple XIII's

Thanks for the info

|I
tired.gif
@ wacky colors for the III's and Melo 1.5

anyone has closeups of the authentic tags? are there going to be any pro cuts on sale?

when are we going to see samples of the white / red air jordan II low that is set for a release date less than 3 months from now?
[/center]

I'm a bit troubled by the mural concept that they are going to laser onto the XX's, seems a bit much. If it was just a motorcycle laser theme, that'd be a bit better. But hey, who am i to judge?
[/center]

Back
Top Bottom