Jumpman 2020 PF September 20, 2019...

My pair just came in today. I have not played in them yet. I went tts. Length fits perfectly, but the width is on a snug side. The midsole is soft. I've seen creases after only walking around the house. My first impression is that these have decent support and stability. The forefoot is as wide as kd 12.
Let us know how they go for you! I have the 34 but woke up not entirely sold on it. Thanks!

I'll be grabbing a pair once disco season hits if they perform decent. Just not crazy about any of the CWs except snow leopards which might be an Asia exclusive. Hopefully we get a couple pelicans CWs like Zions 34s
Screenshot_20191008-063620_Chrome.jpg
20191005_221701.jpg
navy Jordan's are something I'm severely lacking.

Mine were supposed to be here today, but got delayed due to a train derailment. Really!!

Oh well, if they get here with the Bulls 34s I can make a direct comparison and figure out which to keep.

Finally received my 2020s on the same day I got my Bulls 34s. A couple of notes comparing the two shoes... the toe box on the 2020 is longer than in the 34s. I’m a 13 and while the 34’s may be a bit short, the 2020s are perfect.
The 2020s are a bit narrower than the 34s, but I suspect that the mesh will give.

The biggest difference for me was in the midsole/heel. Admittedly I am not the most stable right not, just recovering from major surgery, but the inside of my right heel was just soft Enough to have a slight inward ankle roll in the 2020s. Compared to the rock stability of the 34s, this gave me a bit of pause.

I’ll test them out a bit further, but for less than 100, these are hard to beat.

Finally received my 2020s on the same day I got my Bulls 34s. A couple of notes comparing the two shoes... the toe box on the 2020 is longer than in the 34s. I’m a 13 and while the 34’s may be a bit short, the 2020s are perfect.
The 2020s are a bit narrower than the 34s, but I suspect that the mesh will give.

The biggest difference for me was in the midsole/heel. Admittedly I am not the most stable right not, just recovering from major surgery, but the inside of my right heel was just soft Enough to have a slight inward ankle roll in the 2020s. Compared to the rock stability of the 34s, this gave me a bit of pause.

I’ll test them out a bit further, but for less than 100, these are hard to beat.

thanks for your initial review! Looking forward to your full review. I’ve been mostly a Lebron guy but might had to change over hah

Can’t wait to hear more after you test them? What injury are you coming back from?

JS”

I’m coming back from a full hip. It’s taking me a bit to get the courage to get out there. The heel cushioning is definitely on the soft side. I’m 6’ and 220 and it gives under pressure. I don’t think it will have the same court feel as the 34 as the response is just not the same. That said, I think it will be better for me than the 34s as I need more cushioning and at the price point, it is much more palatable.

with reports of poor materials shooting around about the 34s, it makes the choice even easier.

Last edited:
Keep the reviews coming I might just go after these when they hit 60-70 bucks now. So far they sound pretty decent, and would make a pretty good outdoor hooping shoe.

I’m coming back from a full hip. It’s taking me a bit to get the courage to get out there. The heel cushioning is definitely on the soft side. I’m 6’ and 220 and it gives under pressure. I don’t think it will have the same court feel as the 34 as the response is just not the same. That said, I think it will be better for me than the 34s as I need more cushioning and at the price point, it is much more palatable.

with reports of poor materials shooting around about the 34s, it makes the choice even easier.

Best wishes on your recovery. The mental component of coming back weighs heavy for quite some time (especially if you got hurt hooping in the first place). Hope this sneaker works for you in getting back on court.

JS”

Thank you! I spent some time playing a bit last night. I’m a varsity coach, so I decided to get in there with a couple of the kids. The fit and grip of these is really nice. I would recommend against using thick socks with them (I was rocking Jordan socks, which I hate) and they really take up too much space inside the shoe. I stopped thinking about that after playing for a while, but the shoe does feel cramped with a thicker sock.

court feel was good, but I do find that midsole and heel to be a bit soft for a heavier player like me ( a little under 220). I didn’t have any issues in movement because of it, but I normally play in shoes that are a lot lower to the ground so it’s a mental adjustment.

Finally, while the heel lockdown is good,when comparing these to the 34s you will think you’re less secure near the ankles. That’s because of the cheap feel of the leather pics that reinforces the lace holes and how it doesn’t seem to really lock your foot in. Again, more mental than performance, but looking down and not seeing the shoe fully securing my ankles at the laces can be a bit jarring. I’m sure it has to do with all the padding in the collar, but it doesn’t inspire confidence for sure.

the zoom air unit was responsive. I just need to get out more!!

No, I don’t think that had anything to do with it. My comeback just wasn’t meant to be.

Man.....

Terribly sorry to hear. It’s a process but you’ll be back. Surgery rehab milestones and then the mental hurdle. Have been there many years ago after a freak accident. Treatment nowadays is much more aggressive which is great. You’ll bounce back just be patient (I know it’s difficult).

JS”

Bought the og pair for the gym and got a steal of a price so figured why not. 2 things that bother me is the laces which should have been round and the jumpman on the tongue. The jumpman basically gets covered when you leave them to the last hole which makes it pointless to have there. They should have put the jumpman on the tag above the tongue. Not that big of a deal and I really like the feel and look.

Bought the og pair for the gym and got a steal of a price so figured why not. 2 things that bother me is the laces which should have been round and the jumpman on the tongue. The jumpman basically gets covered when you leave them to the last hole which makes it pointless to have there. They should have put the jumpman on the tag above the tongue. Not that big of a deal and I really like the feel and look.

At the gym are you hooping in them, just working out, or both? I doubt I'll ever fit these into a hoop rotation (actually cant even quit hooping in my my chi 34's, such a good comfy shoe...need to get back to a rotation ASAP) If just working out, hows the support and cushion? Really debating these as a workout shoe. Won't be for at least a month so, hopefully by then deep discos start to pop up. But tech specs and hoop performance seems promising BTW I like working out in hoop shoes with decent tech. I do runners and trainers too, just always seem to prefer hoop shoes... maybe it's a habit I carried over from high school, or maybe I'm just weird. Nike has my size in the Chi 2020's (which I've already got the 34s, and would seem redundant IMO... I do like them better of the two they've got on disco (hrey would been my choice but they're gone) and black CW (which I guess would be the one I grab, to keep some diversity... they're not bad just bland) for $87.97. I was hoping they'd hit $60-70.00ish before I grabbed them but $88.00 isnt too far off. Now it it were these
20191130021544.jpg

I'd pay ablot closer to retail (or maybe even retail) really digging these, they're fire :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: IMO. That misdole paint job makes it look like it's got eclipse plate, which gives them more of a 34ish look like a 34SE. It would keep me from being tempted to purchase the "eclipse" 34's on a disco too). Any word on a RD?

Maybe even these
20191130021602.jpg
^^^Starting to kinda grow on me (not enough to pay retail but more than they should) classic bred CW look to them.

Looks like these are becoming unattainable either sold out, or priced beyond what I'm willing to pay for an takedown model.
Air-Jordan-Jumpman-2020-Particle-Grey.jpeg

^^^Did not expect these to be sold out alot of places, thought I'd end up with these.
BQ3448_103.png.png

^^^Asia exclusive so I knew my chances were slim
air-jordan-34-low-navy-blue-black-green-purple-white-mens-sneakers.png

^^^didnt like the either blue void CW (on these or the 34's) anyways.

^^^^ no hooping strictly for the gym and workouts. I think they’ll do a great job. Have used them yet so only time will tell but I’m confident they’ll be perfect. I worked out in OG Dub Zeros for a long time and they were great in the gym no matter what exercise. Keep you posted once I find my round laces and start using them.

Back
Top Bottom