Jumpman or Silhouette Man? pix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We know already
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

The reason why it's called Silhouette because the symbol is actually MJ doing a Silhouette pose. Many people (myself included) used to think he was in the middle of a dunk.

10 and half in my Air Force One, gimme 2 purr- Murphy Lee

OG NT member since March 15th 2001 with enough grapefruit to use government

Quote:
silhouette man??? soundz like a wack superhero...
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM STARCRAFT
Zealot - Dark Templar - High Templar - Twilight Archon - Colossus - Stalker - Immortal
Observer - Phase Prism - Stasis Orb - Phoenix - Warp Ray - Carrier - Mothership

good info , I remender seeing the word silhouette man before but didn't know it was for the jumpman. thanx
WANTED: RETRO BLACK/INFRARED VI BOX sz10

"A sneakerhead could buy sneakers from sun up to sun down and his/her collection may never be complete".

I didn't know it was called Silhouette Man but I knew it was a something Jordan did when asked if he does ballet or something to that effect.
Team Florida
The Real Drrty Drrty
Reppin Miami-305!!​

thanks for the info Shoe Pheene...i heard MJ was doin ballet lesson at the time that shot was taken..

IS THE JUICE?
WORTH THE SQUEEZE BRAH??

Team Philippines​
In Pacquiao We Trust​

There was a licensing on the name Jumpman it was an old video game, for my 30+ heads it was on the Commodore 64, Apple II, Atariand IBM PC.. When it expired Nike snatched it up. The "Jumpman" name we know now started in 95-96 when Jordan was breaking off of Nike already.

Screen shot of the of the old game (game was crack btw)

jumpman.gif

jumpman_junior.gif

And the pose of the Jumpman we know is exactly the same as the game when the charcter jumped over things.
jumpman_01.gif

Ekin 33
Total Posts:1240

The reason why it's called Silhouette because the symbol is actually MJ doing a Silhouette pose. Many people (myself included) used to think he was in the middle of a dunk.

10 and half in my Air Force One, gimme 2 purr- Murphy Lee

OG NT member since March 15th 2001 with enough grapefruit to use government

Very true.. Nike had Mike jump many times while taking pics until they got the logo absolutely perfect. Rumor has it that Mike didnt like the air jordan "wings" logo on the aj1, so they switchet it to what is knownt today as the jumpman.

Very true.. Nike had Mike jump many times while taking pics until they got the logo absolutely perfect. Rumor has it that Mike didnt like the air jordan "wings" logo on the aj1, so they switchet it to what is knownt today as the jumpman.
Nice 5 year bump brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom