Jumpman Quick 6 - Spring 2018

Freaking name change.. no wonder I couldn't find them lol. I would've ordered from City but they only had an 11 and Im not sure how they fit. Need either that or a 10.5.

I just watched that video.. there could've been no better person to review it because I feel like Nightwing really shares a lot of similar view points as me. He's prob a few years older than me but I was in junior high for most of the stuff he refers to as the golden era.. I think I was in the 7th grade when these dropped.

After watching the review.. I was INCREDIBLY let down and annoyed with just ONE thing.. why the living F would they change the navy nubuck pieces to leather. It's one of the beautiful details. The damn shoe was PERFECT!!!!!!!!! Got damn JB.. they just love trolling.. it's mad frustrating. Like.. Why??

Still copping because they'll prob never release this forgotten shoe again but come on man. That sure encouraged me to wait for a discount. :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

I just watched that video.. there could've been no better person to review it because I feel like Nightwing really shares a lot of similar view points as me. He's prob a few years older than me but I was in junior high for most of the stuff he refers to as the golden era.. I think I was in the 7th grade when these dropped.

After watching the review.. I was INCREDIBLY let down and annoyed with just ONE thing.. why the living F would they change the navy nubuck pieces to leather. It's one of the beautiful details. The damn shoe was PERFECT!!!!!!!!! Got damn JB.. they just love trolling.. it's mad frustrating. Like.. Why??

Still copping because they'll prob never release this forgotten shoe again but come on man. That sure encouraged me to wait for a discount. :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

I agree with you. I often wonder why Nike changes small details like this.. They made the inside panel on this last retro of the penny 4 and made it black. They constantly change different little things when they retro the diamond turf. And now this.. I wish someone could answer this for me. But I plan to get most of these anyway myself and depending on discounts and price cuts I might double up on any good colorways. Eddie Jones was one of my favorite players growing up and I played ball in these as a kid so I'm very excited to give them a run as an adult. Hopefully we will get some good colorways and maybe even a p.e. that Eddie wore.

859nsgari 859nsgari .. It's such a trivial pointless change that its kind of infuriating.. it can't possibly have functionality, especially on a retro.

To those of us who like/love this sneaker there is an attachment to it. We knew who Eddie Jones was. Hell I remember him at Temple. Him, Aaron McKie, Rick Brunson..,,, My son has no idea who he is. So I guess I should’ve seen the name change coming. Just like how the blk/white Jordan 9 lows came from Derek Anderson wearing them with the DA1 on the back. Look at the Katrina 3’s. They look an awful like his PE’s when he was in Portland. Concord XI lows same thing. But nobody except us remembers him. We’ll never see Vin Baker’s Vindicates, they’ll be rebranded as something else. As far as materials, can’t be completely shocked, remember what they did to the Air Ups? I’m buying these regardless. Team Jordans were different then, innovative with a nod to the sigs. Problem was, I think JB expected the team division to carry the torch after the XIVs. Bad idea. Team joints were made as a good looking alternative not a flagship model. I picked these up before the indiglo XIVs because it was a new team model. These were sleek. They’ll sit because they hold zero resale value, he never wore them and the market is over saturated with the Jumpman logo as it is.

46E6F4B3-1C0C-43EB-AFF7-302C6B63D2D1.jpeg
^EJ wore these in 2000, only 2 colorways (1 retail and 1 PE). The biggest problem with the brand after Jordan’s 2nd retirement was there was no designated player carrying the flagship shoe. For marketing JB basically had the entire Team Jordan roster shuffling shoes. (During ASW 2000 they had their players wearing a weak -forgettable shoe called ‘Jordan Select’). -No one really had a ‘go-to’ shoe. Jones had his own sigs, but was still shuffling XVs, Jordan Select, Jordan Crossover and Retros.

BTW, he wore a black/gold PE (pictured) and they were SICK. Never released. At the end of the Hornets elimination series between A.I & Sixers, EJ took off his pair and handed them to a kid in the stands. I wonder what ever happened to those.....

Last edited:
0CC0B9EB-D398-42C1-B2DB-C51AE8A7BA37.jpeg
On a gripe note, it’s sad the brand doesn’t pay more homage to the OG members who helped bear Jordan’s torch. How hard is it to print Retro cards with a cool fact about the player who wore the shoe? Would go a long way in keeping the heritage fresh.

Last edited:
I actually saw those many times over the years on Ebay lol.. shouldve mentioned that when you posted it.

I couldn't tell before but now watching the video and JB changing the nubuck blue hits to leather is a big slap in the face to the consumer. I bet the price point wasn't there for them to keep it true to the OG.

Major disappointment. I would have to see these in person to make a decision.

Decent review. While, I don't like that Jordan Brand makes revisions to retros, especially team shoes, the changes on these are not that big of a deal. Curious what the story is behind removing Eddie Jones' logo.

Outside of certain color ways of team shoes, if JB can release this model, I'll be set:
01.jpg
My childhood friend who passed away used to wear these in black/silver. I will cop multiple pairs if these release. R.I.P. James.

Back
Top Bottom