Jumpman showcase Retro

I need to see those shoguns retroed too. Is it me or do the older team js look way better than the ones releasing over the past decade.

Screenshot_20200104-191020.png
Love seeing old catalog pics, had to get rid of most of my ol Eastbays and Kcks due to water damage. That hurt had... had probably every edition since at least 1996 or so.

xghc38rkzud21.png
AJ-11-IG-600x600.jpg
ORFg4BQ.jpg
https___images.saymedia-content.com_.image_MTYxMDI1NjUwMzM5ODE2OTYy_image-placeholder-title.jpg
EB-112918-Drew-Blog-660x660-600x600.jpg

Side note anyone know what the true name (or how to find) for the circled shoe is? I've been hunting it for a long time, and the "Air Jordan Trainer" name NEVER pulls up the right shoe from google to ebay. They're not much to look at, just want them because they were one of the first JB shoes EVER.. on my long list of rare releases and either had and lost at one point or missed all together... along with 15 mocs, alpha trunner (at one point, they have retroed) and 17 mules.
20200104_225439.jpg
screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-9-45-22-pm.png
ccfe62ef81c8ca4b74cbfba4bb5e1bce.jpg
20200104_231227.jpg
philsnajtrnwr.jpg

^^^ not that trash updated retro a few years back but the OG version.

Last edited:
Love seeing old catalog pics, had to get rid of most of my ol Eastbays and Kcks due to water damage. That hurt had... had probably every edition since at least 1996 or so.

xghc38rkzud21.png
AJ-11-IG-600x600.jpg
ORFg4BQ.jpg
https___images.saymedia-content.com_.image_MTYxMDI1NjUwMzM5ODE2OTYy_image-placeholder-title.jpg
EB-112918-Drew-Blog-660x660-600x600.jpg

Side note anyone know what the true name (or how to find) for the circled shoe is? I've been hunting it for a long time, and the "Air Jordan Trainer" name NEVER pulls up the right shoe from google to ebay. They're not much to look at, just want them because they were one of the first JB shoes EVER.. on my long list of rare releases and either had and lost at one point or missed all together... along with 15 mocs, alpha trunner (at one point, they have retroed) and 17 mules.
20200104_225439.jpg
screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-9-45-22-pm.png
ccfe62ef81c8ca4b74cbfba4bb5e1bce.jpg
20200104_231227.jpg
philsnajtrnwr.jpg

^^^ not that trash updated retro a few years back but the OG version.

Believe it or not, that's really the proper name for those Roy Jones, Jr Trainers. Dropped the same day as the Team 1, which were the very first non-flagship models released under the JB name (Jordan Team and Jordan Trainer). Unfortunately they did not sell AT ALL. I actually planned on buying them, and hated them when I tried them on. Remember them sitting at outlets for literally $9.99 and nobody wanted them haha.

I had and LOVED the XVII Mules. Just had to put them out to pasture this summer because the soles fell off from me wearing them so much.

Had 2 pairs of the XV Moc, but only held onto 1. They were a strange shoe to try to pull off.

Now for the Trunner 1. Maybe my all time favorite JB shoe. When I was working at FTL, we were able to price match them through the catalog/Eastbay for $19.99. At one point, I had 5 pairs of the white/black/red pair stockpiled, but I think I'm down to 1. Those Alpha Trunner retro + were actually really, really nice.

Many of the early Jumpman Pro/Team shoes were amazing, but some were still total dogsht. Not too much different from nowadays, except at the time it was such a crazy concept and it made it really exciting for us to see new Jordan shoes that weren't THE Jordans.

Believe it or not, that's really the proper name for those Roy Jones, Jr Trainers. Dropped the same day as the Team 1, and did not sell AT ALL. I actually planned on buying them, and hated them when I tried them on. Remember them sitting at outlets for literally $9.99 and nobody wanted them haha.

I had and LOVED the XVII Mules. Just had to put them out to pasture this summer because the soles fell off from me wearing them so much.

Had 2 pairs of the XV Moc, but only held onto 1. They were a strange shoe to try to pull off.

Now for the Trunner 1. Maybe my all time favorite JB shoe. When I was working at FTL, we were able to price match them through the catalog/Eastbay for $19.99. At one point, I had 5 pairs of the white/black/red pair stockpiled, but I think I'm down to 1. Those Alpha Trunner retro + were actually really, really nice.

Many of the early Jumpman Pro/Team shoes were amazing, but some were still total dogsht. Not too much different from nowadays, except at the time it was such a crazy concept and it made it really exciting for us to see new Jordan shoes that weren't THE Jordans.

I petty much knew that was the proper name, but finding them online to buy by googling that name is damn near impossible. Any Jordan/Jumpman trainer search only yields pretty current training shoes. I'd love to find those, not to wear but just to collect. Seeing as how we'll probably never get a retro of them due to the way they look. Yes, I also passed on stupid good deals too, but honestly never thought JB would become the jaugernaught it is today (thought it was a cash grab fad that would die out, and be back attached to Nike) to buy when you wanted. I also had multiple pairs of the mocs, and mules but beat them to death goingn to the beach, rockingnbfore games instead of slides like most of the team, and all kinds of summer activities. Regret not keeping one pair of each decent. I never had the 3% I passed on the updated retro in 2011 also, due to the changes
615_1767809347.jpg
snusa-detail_20-sf.jpeg

Yes the trunner alpha retro was a good one but again I stupidly passed grabbing sig retros I assume and never got a chance or found the right time to cop until they were gone i could care less about any CW except
Jordan-Trunner-Alpha-4.jpg

And maybe
The-Jordan-Alpha-Trunner-is-Coming-Back3.jpg

^^ I think that was OG CW too if I'm not mistaken. If I'm wrong no intest in this CW.

Some more pics that may or may not have been OG CW's I'd like
615_1767809347.jpg
snusa-detail_20-sf.jpeg
original.jpg
df0547f87c84c387108539e8b430e209.jpg
m_5d9696c55b5fb273652bff08.jpeg
4077094472_d4b3c90243.jpg
mco8ldvmidlwekggywtz.jpg
nike-jordan-trifecta-size-10-2002_1_7cf67186b184d9ce85fd97593d45d12d.jpg

^^And these with purple instead of green

Last edited:
I petty much knew that was the proper name, but finding them online to buy by googling that name is damn near impossible. Any Jordan/Jumpman trainer search only yields pretty current training shoes. I'd love to find those, not to wear but just to collect. Seeing as how we'll probably never get a retro of them due to the way they look. Yes, I also passed on stupid good deals too, but honestly never thought JB would become the jaugernaught it is today (thought it was a cash grab fad that would die out, and be back attached to Nike) to buy when you wanted. I also had multiple pairs of the mocs, and mules but beat them to death goingn to the beach, rockingnbfore games instead of slides like most of the team, and all kinds of summer activities. Regret not keeping one pair of each decent. I never had the 3% I passed on the updated retro in 2011 also, due to the changes
615_1767809347.jpg
snusa-detail_20-sf.jpeg

Yes the trunner alpha retro was a good one but again I stupidly passed grabbing sig retros I assume and never got a chance or found the right time to cop until they were gone i could care less about any CW except

And maybe

^^ I think that was OG CW too if I'm not mistaken. If I'm wrong no intest in this CW.

Some more pics that may or may not have been OG CW's I'd like
615_1767809347.jpg
snusa-detail_20-sf.jpeg
original.jpg
df0547f87c84c387108539e8b430e209.jpg
m_5d9696c55b5fb273652bff08.jpeg
4077094472_d4b3c90243.jpg
mco8ldvmidlwekggywtz.jpg
nike-jordan-trifecta-size-10-2002_1_7cf67186b184d9ce85fd97593d45d12d.jpg

^^And these with purple instead of green

Ah nice! Yeah, I wish I had grabbed another pair of Mules or 2. With those and the Mocs they were just such weird shoes that nobody thought to grab extras to hold onto, just like us haha.

Those all black Trunners were not OG colors. They only did 3 colors of the Trunner 1 low. White/Black/Red, Alligator/Black, and Neptune Blue/Black/Red. That Neptune was kinda Photo Blue-ish. In between Royal and Carolina Blue.

UNC had them with TARHEELS down the side and the logo on the tongue, but I couldn't find pics. :rolleyes

I remember St. John's having them as well, but for some reason I can't think of any other teams that got special make-ups.
Probably Cal.

Back
Top Bottom