June Jones takes SMU Job...

He should have SMU bowl eligible in 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if more boosters come out now and throw a lot more money at the football program toexpand Jones's budget for recruiting and stuff.

Why would he go to a worse program? Idk...I guess he wants to build SMU's program, but they are horrible.

Tough day here in the Islands..We are calling it Black Monday... Herman Frazier (AD) is gonna get run outta office

Why would he go to a worse program? Idk...I guess he wants to build SMU's program, but they are horrible.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a worse program. They were a powerhouse before the death penalty, and haven't been able to recover from that.Better facilities, better recruiting base, better pay...why not take it? If he asks for money at SMU, people will actually listen and get it to him. It'snot like Hawai'i where he gets no money at all to recruit with and stuff.

Herman Frazier (AD) is gonna get run outta office
As he should... dude gave back 4,000 tickets to Georgia right when they got selected thinking they wouldnt sell. They sold 13,500 in 2 days. Hemessed up BAD.

EDIT. The deal is worth almost 2 mil apparently
eek.gif

Why would he go to a worse program?
i don't know what you heard but the great state of Texas produces football talent by the masses. Most of the good islanders get recruited bypac-10 schools, BYU and Utah anyways
laugh.gif
This was a smart decision forJones because, from here on out, he's in the position to get better decisions and better recruits...just none from Hawaii
laugh.gif

EDIT. The deal is worth almost 2 mil apparentlyimage

We'll be looking at something around $2 million for about 5 years. Supposedly there were 20 boosters willing to put out $100,000 each for 5 years.

SMU ant making no bowl game any time soon, he left one trash school for another

i don't know what you heard but the great state of Texas produces football talent by the masses.
lets see these schools he has no chance of stealing players from Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M. TCU and Houston will get all them schoolssloopy 2nds. hell Baylor will get better 2nds the SMU. hell North texas, Rice and UTEP proably will get better players. he will be getting sloopy 3rds AKA thefat girl that no one wants.

lets see these schools he has no chance of stealing players from Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M. TCU and Houston will get all them schools sloopy 2nds. hell Baylor will get better 2nds the SMU. hell North texas, Rice and UTEP proably will get better players. he will be getting sloopy 3rds AKA the fat girl that no one wants.
i agree 99%. I think, now that SMU has gotten some national attention because of this, more of the "2nds" will sway towards SMU.That's just my opinion though. As for the sloppy 3rds from Texas,you would be surprised how many schools across the country would take those sloppy 3rds.Ask UW
laugh.gif

he will be getting sloopy 3rds AKA the fat girl that no one wants.

AKA the kind of kids from Florida that play for USF and had that team ranked 2nd in the nation at one point? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying JuneJones is gonna have SMU ranked 2nd in the nation by any means. But you don't always have to have 5 star and 4 star players to be successful. I mean afterall, they do play in Conference USA. Winning 6 games shouldn't be that tough.

As for the sloppy 3rds from Texas,you would be surprised how many schools across the country would take those sloppy 3rds.
See: Jayhawks, Kansas.

Is there any question the sloppy 3rds in Texas are better than most of the crap Jones got out at Hawaii?

I don't see how you can say SMU has no chance to be what Boise State, TCU and Hawaii are...It's gonna take some time, and the whole academics side ofit might become an issue, but I really think SMU can get back to that level under the right circumstances.

At SMU, Jones might have a better chance to get someone decent to play them. It was never gonna happen at Hawaii. Also, to the high school kids, the thought ofbeing a part of the run and shoot could be enough to lure some of them away from the "big" Texas schools.

I don't see how you can say SMU has no chance to be what Boise State, TCU and Hawaii are...It's gonna take some time, and the whole academics side of it might become an issue, but I really think SMU can get back to that level under the right circumstances.
and it took all them schools years to get where they are at now, and all 3 have systems to help there lack of talent. i more talking about dudethat said he would have SMU in a bowl game in 2 years.

AKA the kind of kids from Florida that play for USF and had that team ranked 2nd in the nation at one point?
and how long did it take them to get there?

my point been when your fighting just to get that low leavel talent in your school u ant turning it around in no 2 years

i more talking about dude that said he would have SMU in a bowl game in 2 years.

If you could read, I said bowl eligible. In case you didn't know, they were bowl eligible just last year, so I don't really think it's thatfar-fetched to believe that Jones can have 'em right back to bowl eligible in 2 years. They lost 5 games this season by a touchdown or less, so it'snot like they're really that far from being decent. And you're acting like that Conference USA schedule is really tough.

Sure, he won't have 'em turned around fully in 2 years, and I never said that. Bowl eligible and turned around are two different things.

Hopefully he can get some more convicted felons to transfer there. Ya know keep up the positive reputation of SMU

what is the death penalty that you guys speak of? I never heard of SMU before today actually.

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Tough day here in the Islands..We are calling it Black Monday... Herman Frazier (AD) is gonna get run outta office

i agree..

Back
Top Bottom