June Wrestling Thread 2021 | AEW | Sasha Banks is JOTM

Favorite Show This Year?

• Total voters
1624199255418.jpeg

DCBatman DCBatman

I watched that Ultimate Warrior biography episode, those promo outtakes are hilarious but dude was so wound up. It was so many rumors about him. People used to say he put a gun to Vince head before that Summerslam. It was a rumor that it was 2 Warriors, he had passed and they got somebody else in 92 for his come back.

I watched that Ultimate Warrior biography episode, those promo outtakes are hilarious but dude was so wound up. It was so many rumors about him. People used to say he put a gun to Vince head before that Summerslam. It was a rumor that it was 2 Warriors, he had passed and they got somebody else in 92 for his come back.
That 2 different Warriors conspiracy theory still pops up from time to time..

WCW NITRO 5/13/96

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
@degenerate423
Case Case
@Peep Game
@King of Trash Style
@JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:05/13/1996: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4023&page=2

Tag Team Match
The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)
Good opening matchup to get the fans going. The Steiner doing their usually Throw/Suplex-based offense and Public Enemy struggling to keep up. I was never a fan of Public Enemy and these rewatches just further solidify that feeling. Scott Steiner still doing the FrankenSteiner at this point of his career was crazy.

Singles Match
Chris Benoit vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
Nice matchup. David Taylor was always one of the more underrated wrestlers during his time in WCW. Good size, good technique and showed good personality whenever he was given a chance. Benoit was just a machine here. Solid matchup.

Savage BackStage: Macho Man was putting on a world-class performance here. His interaction with Mean Gene was classic. Mongo coming out trying to sympathize with Macho was so forced man, Macho wasn’t paying dude ANY mind.

Singles Match
VK Wallstreet vs. Ric Flair (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
Cool match. Both are heels so this matchup was a little odd to me. Vincent Kennedy Wallstreet tried but he was just outmatched by Flair and the women on the outside.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Lex Luger
Luger tried but for whatever reason, The Big Giant wanted to get himself disqualified. I wonder what his motivation was but that table spot looked like it hurt for sure. I’ve always wondered if there was a way to prevent splinters from getting in the backs of the wrestlers.

Solid show tonight. Slammboree 1996 on Sunday.

Random Thoughts: It is crazy to think Shaq still played for ORL during this era. Yea, the dates match up but just to hear Bischoff say, “Shaq and the Magic are getting ready for Game 4 vs. the Hawks” just brought back memories.

MOngo is still calling the company, “The WCW.” - :lol:

tony jabroni needs to retire man. tryna hype up that sloppy looking **** head just because hes arn andersons son is pathetic

no wonder no wrestling company signed him after wcw went out of business

tony jabroni needs to retire man. tryna hype up that sloppy looking **** head just because hes arn andersons son is pathetic

no wonder no wrestling company signed him after wcw went out of business

You do know your boys @ TNA hired him at one point right? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom