Jury Duty Appreciation or Unapprciation

Well I might have to do it on Tuseday and it will be my first. And I dont know what to expect, can anyone shed some light???
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Originally Posted by FifthName

Tell em you're racist and you're good.
A friend of mine at work said he was part of a KKK clan and never had to do it.
laugh.gif
I'm filipino btw.

What does that have to do with anything?
laugh.gif

It's a waste of a day, well atleast here in Brooklyn. I mean they didn't even call me once. I got my discharge letter after 4. I guess the good thingis that Brooklyn only calls you once every 5-7 years.

Based on the original question I am guessing that you just got a summons to show up rather than actually being selected for jury duty. I would be careful usingthose crazy excuses as I am sure judges have heard them all. I got a summons back in August and was not selected. There were some people who said they did notspeak English good but when pressed further caved in and the judge did not excuse them lol. One guy said he had a trip planned but could provide no proof ofsaid trip lol. As mentioned it is a long process, and you only get paid if you are selected to be on the jury.

Im 26 and have skipped jury duty Twice lol..

my friend works at the courthouse and told me that they dont even take the time/money to worry or track down people who dont show up. You have to realize theysend out so many jury duty letters hoping half of those show up.

I fell asleep during the selection process. When I woke up, they were telling us to go home. I was extremely bored and I don't even know what happened.
laugh.gif

Unappreciated, I just got my second summons in two years.

Anyhow, I have my finals during the week of my summons. Anyone know how to postpone? Specifically in Socal?

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Anyhow, I have my finals during the week of my summons. Anyone know how to postpone? Specifically in Socal?
Someone told me that you can't be selected if you are in school. Tell them you're in school. That should excuse you.

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

you get paid for it. =]

only $15, plus gas mileage to the courthouse, not back. It's boring as hell.

and if you try to get out of it by making up a story expect to be asked alot of questions why, what, how, etc.......about your excuse.

For $40 per day, call me anytime. I served on a trial last year. It was actually fun and interesting.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Someone told me that you can't be selected if you are in school. Tell them you're in school. That should excuse you.
Not true. They will postpone your appearance date but you still have to attend at your convenience. They will not take no for an answer, at leastnot in NY.

Originally Posted by daemacho

Im 26 and have skipped jury duty Twice lol..

my friend works at the courthouse and told me that they dont even take the time/money to worry or track down people who dont show up. You have to realize they send out so many jury duty letters hoping half of those show up.

dam. My dad didn't go this one time and the sheriff came to my house and tried to take him in. They just let him reschedule though.

Back
Top Bottom