Just a Heads Up About Redbull, Energy Drinks & Adderall ......

long story as short as possible, i had a seizure last october and been having one a month since. seen a doc and was told i'm epileptic .

reason i mention redbull and energy drinks is because i was drinking these things like water. as many as 4-5 a day :smh:

i know theres alot of college & HS students here and i know u guys drink em as well, all i'm saying is be careful. i work a night job so i was drinking them to stay awake. not only that but i also got a hold of some adderall . that also played a part in me becoming epileptic . stupid i know but i was definitely awake and on point. i know u college kids here mess around with adderall and can get a hold of it. please be careful , if it aint coming from a doc obviously don't mess with it. stuff will have u feeling alert and on point yes but at what cost.

doc said i'll be on meds for the rest of my life . wife and kids are terrified when i have a seizure now which is like a said is once a month, even on meds . NT fam , as u guys start another school year just think twice when you're in a situation where u feel u " need " these things to get by . there's always safer alternatives thats all i'm sayin here. good luck people and be safe .....

Yeah man all of these new drinks/supplements that are loaded with all kinds of man made substances people are taking these days can't be good. No wonder all kinds of new diseases and conditions are popping up now.

If you find the active ingredient in something you are taking....you can usually find an organic/natural product/source that can provide a similar affect, but without the side affects or negative additives. It will be more expensive, but there is no pricetag on one's long term health.

Sorry to hear that OP.

Drank once & my heart beated out my chest like I was on PCP. Never fooled with that ish again.

thats why i dont drink them anymore

im addicted to coffee though :smh: not the caffeine but the damn taste

Good advice man and glad to hear you've got medication for it.

I had a teacher in middle school who used to have seizures. **** used to scare the hell out of us.

Another piece of advice for anybody in college who feels they NEED Adderall or copious energy drinks, try to manage your time and prepare and you won't have to catch up on work or pull all nighters.

wait, so the cocktail of redbull and adderall made you epileptic? or did it just triggered the dormant gene already in you to be so?

so you're not allowed to drive anymore then correct? or operate heavy machinery?

sorry to hear about you new struggles comrade, be strong.

Good to spread the word on that op. I've dabbled with adderall my freshmen yr of college for a bit because the effects were great, but once they wore off I just hated that feeling, like drained, unable to focus on stuff, just an undesirable feel. Haven't had one since and now I have way better study habits and don't cram the night before an exam like I used to

Sorry to hear that, my Uncle suffers from seizures (not for same reasons) but it is scary as hell to witness. Wish you the best through all of this. I was addicted to 5hour energy and redbulls etc for a while, which lead to me developing Anxiety badly. I haven't drank 1 in a week and trying to stay away from them. They are addicting as hell , but the after effect damn sure is NOT worth the effect while on it.

I drink red bull here and there but, only because it tastes good. I'll try to stay away as much as I can.

OP - I like to drink Monster energy. I used to do 2 a day (addicted due to a busy college life). Now I do 2 a month.... sometimes (for taste). Even on the cans they say don't drink more than 3 a day! I am sorry to hear about your decline in health and hope for the best.

wait, so the cocktail of redbull and adderall made you epileptic? or did it just triggered the dormant gene already in you to be so?
so you're not allowed to drive anymore then correct? or operate heavy machinery?.

doc tells me it's hard to pinpoint exactly what did it , but he thinks the energy drinks more so because i didn't do enough of the adderall, even though once i started the adderall the seizures followed shortly after .

as far as driving , the doctor says i can. the seizures i have are only in my sleep, never had one awake. thats why i said my wife and kids are scared as hell because i'm always home sleeping and they're around.

i appreciate the well wishes fellas :pimp:

stay away from them for this exact reason, hope everything is ok in the future OP

i've had 5 hour energy and adderall very sparingly (all nighters in college) but i hate the feeling the give me. i honestly feel like my heart is gonna jump right out of my chest so i stopped using them. i drink coffee every now and then but i prefer water and sleep.

You really thought drinking 4-5 Redbulls or Monsters a day was healthy? :lol:

I don't understand how people think they can put more than the suggested amount of anything in their bodies and be ok. Foolish.

*goes and plays Green Ranger off Dedication 4*

You really thought drinking 4-5 Redbulls or Monsters a day was healthy? :lol:

thats my whole point here, i wasn't thinking. i was just more concerned with staying awake and not falling asleep and staring at the clock all night. working a night job is totally different , it's a total lifestyle change . having kids that i gotta take to school and pick up also is part of it. not easy bro, if you had to do it you'd understand before laughing at someones decisions here .....

Damn man, sorry to hear that
mean.gif

damn my homie used to work graveyard valet at some hotel and he'd drink a half a redbull, then pour a full 5hr energy into the can with the rest of the redbull and chug the rest every shift. he swore by his method too :smh:

get well OP

damn, sorry to hear.

i'll stop taking adderall for sure. i don't drink mad redbull anymore but i'll check that too.

Sorry to hear about that. I've started to taper off on my consumption of energy drinks myself, but had never gotten into the habit of drinking more than one every other day.

About the only time I really do them now is on long drives where I gotta stay alert.

thats why i dont drink them anymore
im addicted to coffee though
mean.gif
not the caffeine but the damn taste
This. I just drink decaf because I don't like the way caffeine makes me feel. Is it the caffeine or the actual coffee thats bad for you?

Back
Top Bottom