Just a heads up...Wale to be featured in The WP tomorow...

On the bottom of the front page in the Washington Post the line reads:

"D.C. had never spawned a breakout rapper, but a budding star named Wale hopes to change that."

It will be in the In Style & Arts section tomorrow....

:pimp:
pimp.gif
"Show no love, love will get you killed"

About damn time...

They are a summer LATE.

SMH.

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

i have done 70 something interviews...this was easily the worst one for soooooo many reasons........lol thnx for the love anyways yall

Since it's the Sunday paper, that means it should be on newstands today. The Post puts out a Saturday edition of their Sunday paper. The Style and Arts section is usually the same on both days.

back in for the edit. Here ya'll go:

www.washingtonpost.com/wp...00655.html :lol:
laugh.gif
PH2007101900665.jpg

At night at dream that when I wake up, the males in the area will no longer be dressed like deflated packs of Skittles.

Just read it, I thought it was gonna be more like a caption but a good read nonetheless
"Show no love, love will get you killed"

Good read. I hope dude get where he wants to go. Looks like he finally got good direction in Ronson. There's a place for him out there, he just have to be organized about it.

Team DC/MD/VA​

MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

Can't wait to tell Levtran, inc/DTLR that they are a "shoe store" to the WP. SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE the Uncle Elroy of the shoe stores in the urea jo! We the KANGS 'round here. @#%$!

Just read the entire article, twice (hey, I'm at home with the baby, sue me, lol).

Quite frankly, that article is the most HONEST of all I've read on WALE!

It's not leaning to one side or the other, and the fact that Chucky is quoted saying what *cough cough* the Don here been saying, and its actually printed, and WALE hasn't taken it personal, goes to show how far "WALE!" has come on a professional playing field.

Whatever comes out of your mouth gotta line up, or you are nothing more than a Vanilla Ice to the important folks that can get you ahead......

Don't know what main man means by this being his worst interview, but its MORE than obvious that the writer did her research. It's ain't gravy my dude with reporters.

Either way, my only advice is don't let your "boys" be your downfall. Hopefully they've all picked up a book or two and researched their responsibilities, because NONE of them are known in the area on the business music front.

Excellent article.

And I'm still waiting on that "smash" hit. That one song when dude ain't trying to be a lyricist, but just gets very simple, very to the point, and kills it...

Kinda like when Busta changed it up and did "Put Your Hands...," which is prob. his most popular single of all time.

And, just the word on the street, releasing these mixtapes once every blue moon like they are "official" releases from a major distrib. has been your downfall as well, at least among your peers and competition.

Just a thought or two... or three...

'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

that was a good article, damn tho no hate but I was born here and got more of an accent than Wale. :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

After Wale left Studio 43, Chucky tried to persuade Wale to sign to whatever it is he's been doing since the 90's. When Wale chose to sign with Mark Ronson, Chucky hasn't had anything nice to say about Wale.

Wale is FROM DC, meaning he was born and raised there. Jay Z is FROM Brooklyn, meaning he was born and raised there. He doesn't live there anymore but that doesn't mean he's not FROM there. Wale has clearly said that on many tracks, including an extended explanation on his 100 MILES AND RUNNING mixtape. Down in Atlanta, people don't question whether or not you are FROM Atlanta if you live outside the perimiter. Hell, Ludacris moved there from Chicago at age 21 and reps ATL as hard as anyone.

What he means by his worst interview is that the reporter clearly had no concept of him as an artist before the interview and was "assigned" the piece. Pop music critic Josh Du Lac was supposed to write the piece.

Not sure what you mean by not letting his boys be his downfall. Wale has a very strong team behind him that includes arguably the biggest global music producer right now (Mark Ronson), one of the top management companies in the industry (Daniel Weisman of Advanced Alternative Media) and one of the top music law firms repping him (Davis, Shapiro, Lewit and Hayes).

Why are you waiting on a smash hit? His album isn't dropping until next summer/fall so you're going to be waiting for a while. In the meantime you should be enjoying the endless free (and quality) music he's been putting out.

As for the mixtape releases...100 MILES AND RUNNING is better than almost every hip hop album that's come out in 2007. The fact that his mixtape is better than most albums should give you an idea that the smash you're waiting for could be just around the corner. And how about a smash album, not a smash single? I'd like one of those (props to Kanye and Little Brother).

And Wale has already turned down numerous record deals from major labels starting in May. He also has distribution for his mixtape overseas and has already 20,000 to 30,000 downloads of his mixtape.

Clearly that HASN'T been his downfall as Rolling Stone said he has more crossover appeal than weed (how's that for a smash?), XXL called him "the future" and he's about to be on the cover of a major music magazine along with one of the hottest acts in the world right now.

I love how people pretend like they aren't talking S**T on here and try to throw in a cloaked criticism amongst underhanded compliments.

Dude seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and is *gasp* humble....rare qualities in hip-hop today....hope for the best w. this dude...hopefully the whole "is he or isn't he from DC" BS won't overshadow what he is trying to do and accomplish....it was a very good read...

Oh yeah. This thread is about to grow. I shall use this opportunity to advertise.

www.youtube.com/djheat

Watch my vids. Add my myspaces (yes, plural). And while we're at it, support Lavan by buying some Everyday Pple gear. Support MyT by dowloading his show on your co-worker's computer. Support Ian by buying a Scion. Support Mr. Shoedon by paying your Verizon bills on time. Support Kev by letting the man have a good seat at Applebee's. Support Rudolph by catching a disease. And support RockDeep by listening to Britney Spears.
At night at dream that when I wake up, the males in the area will no longer be dressed like deflated packs of Skittles.

Everything was cool until...

Quote:
I love how people pretend like they aren't talking S**T on here and try to throw in a cloaked criticism amongst underhanded compliments.
In the words of the Greatest, "Hate to blast ya, but I have ta..." I NEVER MAKE BLANKET STATEMENTSI'm that passionate about the dude NOT to stop.wasn'tMANYYOU :smh:
smh.gif
IN :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
RIPLEYS BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!

Lol well its poppin its poppin

The forum is back lol

But really though...its a good look for Wale to be in the paper...more power to him
The Real.

Thanks for the link DCshoechick.Does anybody know if the Nike boot song new?
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

I think he is referring to our Mumbo Sauce Mixtape, BB King. Are you, Senior Shoe Don?

And that damn MIchael Jackson vid MyT posts cracks me up everytime. lol

Since Kev has posted a response, that means this thread will be getting more views to see the response to his response. So on that note:

Tonight at 9pm!!! DC Home Jamz!!! Only on DC's number one station, WPGC 95.5!!! Listen to me and DJ Rico act a damn fool!!! And add our MySpace:

www.myspace.com/dchomejamz

Vote for your favorite Home Jam of the night to get played again that following week!!!

^
:lol:
laugh.gif
"Everytime I try to get peace of mind... They try to take a piece of mine... So I gotta grab my peace..."

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by not letting his boys be his downfall. Wale has a very strong team behind him that includes arguably the biggest global music producer right now (Mark Ronson), one of the top management companies in the industry (Daniel Weisman of Advanced Alternative Media) and one of the top music law firms repping him (Davis, Shapiro, Lewit and Hayes).

Quote:
"He lets us know that we can all be famous," says Sonya Osei, a 15-year-old Flowers High sophomore and Wale fan. "It's not that hard."

Uhhhh, call me crazy but at 15 I was worrying about girls and grades, famous was the least of my worries.

Quote:
Observes Chucky Thompson, a D.C. native and rap producer who was part of P. Diddy's "Hitman Team" at Bad Boy Entertainment: "You can't say you're from Alexandria and you're representing D.C. It doesn't line up. . . . One of my first questions to an artist is, 'Where are you from?' It helps with the story. When you say 'D.C.,' they're going to check. They're so pressed and ready to represent someone who's from here. It's that critical."

Wow, he had no problem with it when he was making money off of him. What a bamma

Quote:
My comments on here ain't for you, Josh, Dan, and anyone else of his "love/hate" supporters trying to cash in on dude, but can't even... Nevermind, again, falling back.
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

Back
Top Bottom