Just finished watching THE Wrestler

eek.gif
eek.gif
Its great man it makes me wonder all the sacrifices my childhood wrestlers went through putting on those matches

Rourke performance alone is worth watching this movie.
Gives me chills. He was phenomenal.
Great movie.

Movie was great, just shows how real life is not this cookie cutter world, we envision it to be with our relationships and choices.

It was a very well done film, but definitely not one of the best ever. It was pretty good, I didn't love it though.

Reminds me of a friend of mine.  He's  holds on to his old high school days of wrestling and does those type of shows.  The moves he does are no joke.  Don't get me wrong, its totally staged but when the guys are flying through the air and hit the mat hard as you know what, you feel the pain that they're going through, and thats what that movie captured.  It also captures the wrestlers after the fame is gone.   I met a couple of wrestlers after his shows (king kong bundy, honky tonk man, koko b. ware) and they look just so broken down.  They're cool as in person but they just look so beaten down from the industry.

Rourke should have had the Oscar, but politics intervened. He burned too many bridges in Hollywood.

im a wrestling fan and i still havent seen it
embarassed.gif

i know what im doing this weekend
pimp.gif

Rourke's performance was outstanding.

Spoiler [+]
The scene when he talks to his daughter at the beach made me tear up
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom