Just For Kicks @ Nike Air Force Space, Feb 16, 9pm

kingcrux31

Staff member

* UPDATED February 15, 2007 *

ing bid for each P100,000
- Last day for bid is tomorrow FEB 3

> Winners gets the following:
- 1 roundtrip ticket each, business class to Singapore to claim their shoes there
- Accommodations at one of the finest hotels in Singapore
- Tour of the Nike Air Force Space in Singapore
- A visit to the only Tier Zero door in South East Asia- Limited Edt., plus an invite to their party

> Proceeds from the auction will go to Special Olympics Philippines
- Check will be made directly to them

Also...

Quote:
Get a sneak peek of the Old 6 AF1s tonight at NIKE AIR FORCE SPACE

* UPDATED January 23, 2007 *

Quote:
Be among the first to experience the story of FORCE - its past, present and future!

Nike Air Force Space barkada or baranggay.

Alrighty?

Have fun people!!!

============================================

* UPDATED January 15, 2007 *

Quote:
Nike Philippines celebrates 25 years of Force!

Please join us this Thursday, January 18, 7pm @ Fiamma for a special night dedicated to our most iconic shoe - the AIR FORCE ONE.

Time to rock your best AF1s!

Hope to see you there.

:smile: ed our own thread because of the good news that I bring for the coming year 2007. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Air Force 1, a lot is in store for local AF1 lovers and sneakerheads in general. Something special is in the works and I will update this post as soon as new info is available.

For now, I'll share with you press materials courtesy of Nike. The CD-ROM contains the same pictures and text found in the brochure below. Let me know if you want the high resolution pics.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, feel free to post pics of your AF1s. I know Jathyboy has a lot of special stuff which I'm looking forward to seeing in person next year during the exhibit.

You don't have to be based in the Philippines to participate in this post. Just as long as you love balut and believe Jay-Z is part Filipino, then you're all welcome to post away.

That's all for now.

See you all soon.

:wink:

Respectfully,

kingcrux31

THE TEXT

Quote:
At Nike the focus of craftsmanship is enhancement. The quest to make products better never ends. Nike designers dedicate themselves to the challenge of meeting the needs of athletes and surpassing one level only to eclipse the next. With this in mind, the 25th year celebration of the Air Force 1 was inspired by a singular goal: to honor the brands innovative past by taking into account the needs of AF1 athletes and consumers and improving the product based on their insights.

Meeting the needs of athletes means bringing them unexpected improvements and innovative design. This was Nike designer Bruce Kilgores original framework for the AF1 and its the same principle thats guiding the development of the product today. For 2007 Nike will introduce an updated AF1 collection of basketball footwear and apparel.

The latest collection of Air Force 1 footwear vividly expresses Nikes commitment to authentic craftsmanship and raises that level of craftsmanship to a point beyond anything done in the past. To achieve this level every step of the design process was scrutinized and strengthened. The result is a collection of basketball shoes that not only continues the legacy of the Force footwear collection , but updates that legacy and refines its original impact. The mark left by that impact serves as the announcement for a new level of innovation and a new standard of incredible craftsmanship - a set of guiding principles that will be met by every Air Force basketball shoe now and in the future.

Dedicated to the philosophy of thorough and detailed craftsmanship, each new collection of the Air Force 1 product includes several new design enhancements or that comprise these guiding principles and new standard of craftsmanship. Each AF1 is bound by precise stitching using a re-engineered technique and the overall form of the shoe entails laser etching: a procedure which employs the best technology available. The white color of the iconic white-on-white AF1 shoe has been made richer and more vividly white by using a 10A full grain leather finish. The laces of each AF1 shoe have been refined and stain guarded; re-crafted cushioned inserts(have improved the quality of the collar lining and the tongue. The general comfort of the shoe has been elevated by improving cushioning in the heel, the cupsole, and the footbed. Even the famous stars on the AF1 stars have been re-engineered as a nod to those who have aligned themselves with the Force brand for more than two decades. In the end, every improvement and update to the Air Force 1 collection is both a response to consumer need and a continuing commitment to Nike craftsmanship. And each addition builds off the principle that the AF1 is a product that personifies the athletes it was designed for and embodies the culture it has lived for.

The entire process of building the Air Force 1 has been relentlessly inspected for the sole purpose of improving every detail of production. Five years were spent improving the process in order for the design expectations of the new Air Force 1 to be met. Tools utilized for constructing the AF1 have been redeveloped to insure the absolute highest level of quality. Everything from tip reinforcement, collar lining, cushioned inserts, and cupsole stitching has been examined and made better by adding new tools and techniques that have enhanced the making of the AF1 and create the most beautiful shoe possible. The drive to innovate and place superior craftsmanship above all else informed every step of this five-year process and the creation of this next generation of basketball shoes reflects this philosophy. The standards set by the new Force product will be met by every AF1, thus making these innovations a watershed moment in the history of not only Nike basketball, but the culture of basketball as a whole.

The improvements made to the Air Force 1 is where the story starts, but, innovation is an infinite journey and the desire to bring an unexpected and genre-defining product has resulted in a shoe that means just as much to the game of basketball now as the debut of the AF1 did 25 years ago.

For 2007, following the introduction of the new AF1 apparel and footwear collection comes the birth of the new Air Force 25 signifying a new chapter in the story of Force and a brilliant new chapter in the story of footwear design. How would the template of support, comfort and ultimate performance apply to the needs of todays athlete? How would a basketball shoe that defined innovative craftsmanship in 1982 look if it were manifested in a product crafted in 2007? The answer to these questions led to the creation of the AF25: a basketball shoe that reaches a new level of Force footwear engineering and, simultaneously, a new level of performance technology.

Twenty-five years of basketball knowledge, history and players is built into the AF25, twenty-five years of learning based on the insight of the original AF1. Nike designer for the Air Force 25, Tracy Teague, has crafted a basketball product that gives ultimate respect to the performance mandate Bruce Kilgore established in 82 and shows ultimate pride in the cultural impact the AF1 has had ever since. The goal with the AF25 is to celebrate the history of Nikes involvement in the game of basketball by crafting a performance basketball product in a way that has never been done before.

The very stance of the Air Force 25 was deliberately made as iconic as that of the original AF1 by emphasizing the strong, horizontal line of the cupsole and stitching that wraps around the entire design. Intuitive patterning, a strong Swoosh design identification and even the toe of the AF25, while remaining fresh and new, all echo in an iconic sense the silhouette of the AF1. By approaching the creation of the AF25sshoe performance attributes through the same lens of craftsmanship utilized in 1982, what has been achieved is the modern day equivalent of the Air Force 1s in durability and comfort. The AF25 combines the technology of Max Air cushioning (in the heel) with Zoom Air (layered on top); a technological advancement that will completely enhance what performance cushioning means for an athlete.

In showing proper respect and celebration for the 25th anniversary of the Air Force 1, a new form of basketball shoe innovation has been birthed with the Air Force 25; a new echelon of craftsmanship that surpasses the status quo and speaks fluently of dedication to meaningful design. The result of this dedication is a basketball shoe that carries with it the aura of the original AF1 yet reflects a pioneering level of craftsmanship. A level that is unmatched, unparalleled, and brilliantly unexpected.

Just as craftsmanship breeds authenticity, love leads to respect. A respect for the communities that have uplifted the Air Force 1 and Force footwear collections can be seen in the new AF1 collection and in the revolutionary design of the newly created Air Force 25. By committing to making these products better, the Air Force 25 not only honors the spirit of craftsmanship born in 82, it guarantees a continuation of authentic performance in 2007 and beyond.

THE PICS

[url=http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1146nd4.jpg]

:wink:
wink.gif

Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31
My eBay. UPDATED 12/08/06
NikeTalk's Rules of Conduct
Welcome to NikeTalk Philippines
Philippines Sneaker Guide

so i was at this store today.. there were more workers than customers in there 'cause it was a wednesday, i guess..

i'm just trying to browse, but i notice all the workers in there STARING at my shoes.. whispering to themselves.

as i turn to leave, the manager stops me. "sir, saan niyo na bili yung air force :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
Quote:
fresh to death in moschino, coach bag, lookin' half black and filipino..
kicks drop inevitably like bird shh
you herbs get stuck repeatedly
for campouts and hype money
pilipinas only - exchange gift tayo!ubasapoy. pm na lang po (no jdv).​

do you guys think the 25th anniversary uptowns will release here in the PI? they better do :smile:
smile.gif
also any news on the Year of the Pig uptowns? :wink:
wink.gif

hi there niketalk philippines! i browsed nicekicks.com mentioned one fellow wearing philippines air force ones duringAir Force Ones 25th Anniversary - Texas Camp heads up...

Again, something you've already seen before.

Posting for those who haven't yet.

Quote:
NIKE AIR FORCE 1 MUSIC PROJECT CELEBRATES
25 YEARS OF A CULTURAL ICON

NEW YORK, NY. (December 11, 2006) Music history was made last night in New York City when artists Kanye West, Nas, Rakim and KRS-ONE took to the stage at Nikes celebration of the Air Force 1s 25th year anniversary.

In celebration of this 25th anniversary those who made the Air Force 1 were honored by those who continue to define it. KRS-ONE, Rakim, Kanye West and Nas came together with legendary producer Rick Rubin to create an original track that was performed live for the first and only time last night.

For the first time ever a collection of 1,040 unique pairs of Air Force 1s, assembled from the Nike archives and key collectors attending the celebration, was on display. This one time only collection featured some of the most sought after shoes from the Air Force 1s past and the yet to be released Air Force 25.

MTV cameras were recording at the event as this never-seen-before foursome paid respect to the culture that created and continues to support the Air Force 1. The performance will air on MTV in January 2007 as part of a program exploring the connection between the Air Force 1 and the communities that have made it their own.

Twenty-five Years of Perseverance
Twenty-five years ago Nike released the Air Force 1 to satisfy the demands of the most uncompromising and forceful players in the game of basketball. In 1982, the Air Force 1 became the first basketball shoe to feature Nike Air technology. The comfort and protective qualities of the Air Force 1 changed the game forever and created a platform that launched Nikes long-running legacy in performance basketball.

At the same time, music critics were quickly asserting hip-hop music was just another fad, a genre that couldnt be sustained beyond its underground following. Twenty-five years later, both have graduated from being performance breakthroughs to icons transcending communities and people.

Those that know the history of KRS-ONEs recordings will recall a song called Advance. We signed to this label to put this single out. And what I remember was the advance, what came back from signing this contract was a pair of AIR FORCE 1s, said KRS-ONE. You know, believe it or not, we were satisfied. We got a fresh pair of Air Force 1s and it was dope. I rhymed, and I got a fresh pair of Air Force 1s. The mentality was that my rhymes bring value. And the point was that Air Force 1s had value.

Embraced and revered by the basketball community the Air Force 1s impact was felt way beyond its hard court roots. The shoe was created for basketball. It was adopted by the basketball community and then progressed into the music scene of the East Coast, particularly along the I-95 corridor between Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York City.

In celebrating the Air Force 1, 2007 will see the introduction of a new innovative performance basketball shoe, the Air Force 25. The Air Force 25 will be worn by some of the new generation of great players. Built upon the same craftsmanship and informed design principles as the Air Force 1, the Air Force 25 delivers a revolutionary era within the Air Force story.

###

ABOUT NIKE, INC. (NYSE:NKE)
Based near Beaverton, Oregon is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Wholly owned Nike subsidiaries include Converse Inc., which designs, markets and distributes athletic footwear, apparel and accessories; NIKE Bauer Hockey Inc., a leading designer and distributor of hockey equipment; Cole Haan, which designs, markets, and distributes fine dress and casual shoes and accessories; Hurley International LLC, which designs, markets and distributes action sports and youth lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories and Exeter Brands Group LLC, which designs and markets athletic footwear and apparel for the value retail channel.

Quote:
NIKE celebrates the Air Force 1s 25th year anniversary with 1Thology
Launched in 1982, the Air Force 1 was originally intended to satisfy the demands of the most uncompromising and forceful players in the game of basketball. The Air Force 1 became the first basketball shoe to feature NIKE Air technology. The comfort and protective qualities of the AF1 changed the game forever and created a platform that launched NIKEs long-running legacy in performance basketball.

However with its signature profile and smooth lines its impact was quickly felt well beyond the hardwood. With the Air Force 1s ideal blend of authentic performance and unrivaled aesthetic, connoisseurs instantly recognized it for what it was an icon in the making.

After 25 years, the AF1 has evolved from a breakthrough performance basketball shoe to a full-blown cultural phenomenon. To commemorate the 25th year anniversary of the Air Force 1, NIKE will introduce the 1Thology the largest-ever unique AF1 collection on display at NIKEs 1 Night Only event in New York City on December 10, 2006. More than 1,000 different styles of AF1 will be on display.

However, none of this would be possible without a few essential contributors.

The Master
Before there was the shoe and well before there was the collector, there was Bruce Kilgore. Kilgore is the craftsman responsible for designing the most iconic basketball shoe in the history of the game. He did it all by following one simple obsession: making the athletic experience better through functional design. At NIKE that means designing with a purpose, and understanding the sport and the culture that surrounds it. From this working theory, Bruce Kilgore developed the AF1 and thus drew the blueprint a legacy was built from and wrote the constitution a nation of style has been based upon.

The Aficionados
Bruce Kilgore struck the first chord of the Air Force 1 anthem in 82, and since then the chorus has been taken up by athletes and connoisseurs from across the globe. Recently, Hawaii Mike Salman, Emz, DJ Clark Kent, Udi Avshalom and Grandmaster Caz were invited to a special viewing of the 1Thology and asked to select their Top 100 AF1s. These five, who have devotedly supported the AF1 for year, were like kids in a candy shop as they beheld the vast spectrum of AF1s in front of them. After much impassioned debating they chiseled the thousand-plus collection down to their Top 100. What was their favorite pair? It was a beat up version of Bruces original shoe. Their reasoning was simple. Its the shoe where everything began and without it there would be nothing else.

Their Top 100, as well as the entire 1Thology, will be on prominent display at 1 Night Only, when those who made the AF1 are honored by those who continue to define it. No other basketball product has ever received this much love. This is a shoe that, figuratively, is not just owned by NIKE, but is owned collectively by the culture that embraced it and made it a legend.

This unique collection of Air Force comes full circle to the future of NIKE basketball as the Air Force 1 confidently moves from an innovative performance product to a cultural icon back to its roots as an innovative performance product in the Air Force 25. Built upon the same craftsmanship and informed design principles as the Air Force 1, the Air Force 25 delivers a revolutionary new era within the Air Force story.

[url=http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yjeezymariojadakiss2121ha8.jpg] [url=http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=allrl9.jpg] [url=http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hfujiwara1210062xt4.jpg] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=krsone1tz9.jpg] [url=http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kanyewestqy1.jpg] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naskanyeandtheirdjsgf0.jpg] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=krsone3ui7.jpg] [url=http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=af11nightonlyny161fe0.jpg] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nasww8.jpg] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=qlatifah1210063kr2.jpg] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rakim2yv4.jpg] [url=http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yjeezyjadakiss121006tt1.jpg] Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31[url=http://www.ebay.ph/listResults?browse=0&SellerId=kingcrux31]My eBay. UPDATED 12/08/06 NikeTalk's Rules of ConductWelcome to NikeTalk PhilippinesPhilippines Sneaker Guide

nice post jojo

best AF1s imho are black patent sheed His, carbon fibers, acorns, and 3M snake lows-which I sadly don't own

here's what I got (with my only AF2s to round out the pic), love AF1s, my second favorite nike shoe ever behind the AJ V. Too bad that in the bulk of my buying years nike put out so many primarily white forces; nowadays while I been a broke student, nike has been releasing a lot more interesting colorways... so I don't have any new so-called 'heat'... I guess there's always ebay and NT when I'm finally making some dough to catch up on missed forces

2ica7hd
"...if ya feelin lucky-duck, then press your luck"

Great post! I really love AF1's, and really psyched on what's coming for next year, just a few af1's but hoping to expand!
2qtifbb.jpg
2u6pon6.jpg

2rhvk48.jpg
2montrk.jpg

nice kicks... still waiting for my first pair... hope next year makuha ko na... :smile:
smile.gif

I've changed my sig.

i am still madd i passed on the non hairy year of the dogs (clark kent calls them the year of the puppies) at FCNY. they had 3 pairs in my size, and stupidly, i thought they'd last for a week. forget what i bought instead, but if anyone can find me an 11-12, you have a friend for life.
kicks drop inevitably like bird shh
you herbs get stuck repeatedly
for campouts and hype money

i always wished i had a pair of all white AF1's.. this may be the chance hehe.. anyone know the SRP on these?
not allowed

great pics lakersclippers & jojo! :smokin
smokin.gif
L I O N H E A R T​
A nonchalant and shy student from Balamb Garden. Equipped with a gunblade, a combined sword and gun, and eager to join the elite military organization known as SeeD who are elite combat specialists who will fight the ultimate battle against the Sorceress for the sake of the world. He is thrown into the dark, mysterious conspiracy of rivalry in a world soon to be plagued by chaos.

Congratulations to Nike for the continous success of one of their best shoes....that is the AF1s! To be honest... this was the shoe that got me into collectin' kicks cuz any shoes that I owned before that ...I would just rocked to death! This shoe made me buy different colorways and releases and just keep 'em iced! Im glad Nike has been very creative lately with the colorways of the new af1s releases (although I stopped buying shoes as of 3 yrs ago and just started again).

I wasn't planning on posting any of my AF1 collection cuz I don't have pics of all of them....but i was able to dig up some old pics. I am now living here in the PEE EYE but my collection is still in the states! I am planning to bring my whole collection here sooner or later. With no further a due....here's some of my AF1's......

HTM2 (Croc skin)
http://photobucket.com/

I Believes

The Carnivals 1

The Carnivals 2

'06s (Greek Pack)

Puerto Ricos 2

West Indies (w/ the rasta TAKEOVER laces)

LBJ (Cleveland Cavaliers colorways)

LBJ Premium (Irish HS colorways)

LBJ Premium (One of my first purchase of kicks here in the PEE EYE)

20th Anniversary

Cartoons.....which I don't own but I wish! (OG style with the spider web on the toe box but wasn't release due to legal matters w/ Marvel Comics cuz they said the web design looked too much like their Spiderman's web!)

That's it for now until my collection gets here so I can take pics.

TAKEOVER SHOP BLOG
TAKEOVER SHOP MYPACE PAGE

King Crux! Jojo!

Save one invite for me!

I can't be at Greenbelt tomorrow but I would sure go anywhere outside office hours. That's my word.

Please check your inbox.

Back
Top Bottom