Just got a job at Lids... I got some questions

It was good only because of the people I was working with. And that was back then. Who knows how they are now. It just kept getting worse and worse the longer I was working there. I worked there for two and a half years.They (corporate, higher up management) don't give a crap about you though. The only thing good was the discount. Oh and you gotta keep your numbers up just like any other job.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

It was good only because of the people I was working with. And that was back then. Who knows how they are now. It just kept getting worse and worse the longer I was working there. I worked there for two and a half years.They (corporate, higher up management) don't give a crap about you though. The only thing good was the discount. Oh and you gotta keep your numbers up just like any other job.

this. i worked there 5 years ago during the summer and weekend while i was going to school. the manager was cool and for the most part, my coworkers were good people. dont expect a raise/bonus no matter how well you do. the district manager would constantly get on you if your numbers were down. im not sure if you still have to sell their passport discount cards, cap cleaner, cap rack, and other bull %!$% items, but you are told to push them constantly. the discounts are ok, i think you can also use it at other stores they own (journeys, hatworld, johnston and murphy)

so this sounds pretty negative
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

aye aye aye.... lemme get a snapback tho.
new era snapbacks tho'
30t6p3b.gif
no "elitism" but you'll be done justice with a M&N if not a vintage

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Just don't ask how the customers doing 5 times, and talk to them about every hat y'all have!!!!!!!!!!!

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
so damn annoying man, and dont tell customers that they look like one of your #%!@$%% family members either.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

dont be a minimum wage warrior
A job is a job. A lot of people would kill for even a minimum wage gig these days. And it's probably a laid back environment with AC and co-workers his age. OP probably has some interest in caps too, so that can't hurt.

OP - probably a good temporary job. But like any other retail gig, it'll wear on you and you probably will get sick of working nights/weekends.

Lids was the easiest place to shoplift from back in the day too. Watch out for little punk teenagers.

A yo fam if you see me rummaging through the fitteds and trying on every size DO NOT tell me they all fit the same, I swear every hat has its own unique fit..I hate fitteds 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom