Just got hired at Chase...thoughts?

What's your past work experience, and age? I'm trying to get out of this damn retail job and look for something with better pay.

What's your past work experience, and age? I'm trying to get out of this damn retail job and look for something with better pay.

Judging from the pay, sounds like it's a teller position. Be prepared for even the personal bankers to try to make money out of you in your first weeks.  Got hired back when I was in H.S. and only stayed for a week.  Hated it, sales job, you refer customers to personal and in the end its the personal bankers that takes the cake.  The branch that I was hired at was the top in whatever for the region so they pushed employees to go hard, so I hope your branch isn't that serious.

Judging from the pay, sounds like it's a teller position. Be prepared for even the personal bankers to try to make money out of you in your first weeks.  Got hired back when I was in H.S. and only stayed for a week.  Hated it, sales job, you refer customers to personal and in the end its the personal bankers that takes the cake.  The branch that I was hired at was the top in whatever for the region so they pushed employees to go hard, so I hope your branch isn't that serious.

I work for Wells Fargo as a teller not bad hourly rate but I do have to meet my numbers (sales) I usually one of the top performers so I don't really worry about meeting anything because I get it out of the way in the beginning of the quarter.
We get quarterly bonuses based off our sales and store customer surveys

If I were to start from scratch and had to choose between a bank it would more than likely be Chase>Wells Fargo>BofA
Reason being because Chase is more laid back.
If you're a part timer any bank job is good. Having a financial institution under belt never hurts.

After I get my schooling out of the way i'll be looking to work in the H.R. departments of Wells Fargo thats where the money is at. I personally think the branches are lame and too much work for nothing in return.
One thing I have noticed a lot people work at the branches are usually people who just climb up the latter no real education is needed but it's a stressful job if you're a manager.

OP idk if any of this helped but good luck and put in work.

I work for Wells Fargo as a teller not bad hourly rate but I do have to meet my numbers (sales) I usually one of the top performers so I don't really worry about meeting anything because I get it out of the way in the beginning of the quarter.
We get quarterly bonuses based off our sales and store customer surveys

If I were to start from scratch and had to choose between a bank it would more than likely be Chase>Wells Fargo>BofA
Reason being because Chase is more laid back.
If you're a part timer any bank job is good. Having a financial institution under belt never hurts.

After I get my schooling out of the way i'll be looking to work in the H.R. departments of Wells Fargo thats where the money is at. I personally think the branches are lame and too much work for nothing in return.
One thing I have noticed a lot people work at the branches are usually people who just climb up the latter no real education is needed but it's a stressful job if you're a manager.

OP idk if any of this helped but good luck and put in work.

dont chase give you the uniform to wear? i don't know but i rather wear my own stuff that way i kinda get to keep up with fashion.

dont chase give you the uniform to wear? i don't know but i rather wear my own stuff that way i kinda get to keep up with fashion.

Originally Posted by QuaniBoiXi

also, theres like hella branches opening up throughout the bay area. something crazy like over 200.

so you should try and look for some openings cuz there should be opportunities.

www.chase.com/careers
Congrats on the job.  I worked with the real estate side of Chase and will NEVER work for them or do business with them ever again.  The bank is highly bureaucratic and all of their policies are created by the lawyers rather than upper management or input by the people who will have to implement them.

I enjoyed my time as a teller at a smaller bank because of the customer interaction but it can be very difficult to tell them why you're charging them $30+ for not having sufficient funds in their account when they made a $5 purchase.  Or why you're nickle and dimeing them for not meeting the account objectives when they can get free checking right down the street.

also, theres like hella branches opening up throughout the bay area. something crazy like over 200.

so you should try and look for some openings cuz there should be opportunities.

www.chase.com/careers
Congrats on the job.  I worked with the real estate side of Chase and will NEVER work for them or do business with them ever again.  The bank is highly bureaucratic and all of their policies are created by the lawyers rather than upper management or input by the people who will have to implement them.

I enjoyed my time as a teller at a smaller bank because of the customer interaction but it can be very difficult to tell them why you're charging them $30+ for not having sufficient funds in their account when they made a $5 purchase.  Or why you're nickle and dimeing them for not meeting the account objectives when they can get free checking right down the street.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

just got a 20-hour, part time position at chase bank.
anyone work there?

im just lovin the hours (never past 6 pm, no sunday and holidays), pay ($12), and no quotas.

which chase bro?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
in petulama, ca. wack area, but im goin to SSU (wack as well) which is 10 min away.
yea no quotas is def FTW, but i do get incentives whenever i do make a sale. which is also a win.

Ya my Sis works part time there too . . . She's been doing good so far since a lot of her friends have gone in to open accounts she's made nice little bonuses nothing major but enough to have a good time shopping

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

anyone work there?

im just lovin the hours (never past 6 pm, no sunday and holidays), pay ($12), and no quotas.

which chase bro?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
in petulama, ca. wack area, but im goin to SSU (wack as well) which is 10 min away.
yea no quotas is def FTW, but i do get incentives whenever i do make a sale. which is also a win.

Ya my Sis works part time there too . . . She's been doing good so far since a lot of her friends have gone in to open accounts she's made nice little bonuses nothing major but enough to have a good time shopping

anyone work there?

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!

anyone work there?

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!

Congrats, ignore people that complain here because everyone is always going to find something to complain about (can't please everyone all of the time). Enjoy the experiance, and don't talk about it, or anything that happens, on the web.

Congrats, ignore people that complain here because everyone is always going to find something to complain about (can't please everyone all of the time). Enjoy the experiance, and don't talk about it, or anything that happens, on the web.

congrats man. a job's a job unless you acquire a new career. its temporary so enjoy it and learn from it and make some dough! $$$

congrats man. a job's a job unless you acquire a new career. its temporary so enjoy it and learn from it and make some dough! $$$

congrats on the job kid. word of advice if your ever in I bind and need money to hold you off until the next day don't ever take money from them and think you can replace it the next day without them finding out. Had a friend of the family that did this and she paid for it her mistake.

congrats on the job kid. word of advice if your ever in I bind and need money to hold you off until the next day don't ever take money from them and think you can replace it the next day without them finding out. Had a friend of the family that did this and she paid for it her mistake.

Originally Posted by manny1

What happend to her

What happend to her

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

What happend to her
Fired.  It's considered stealing because you can't just take "samples" from your job at a bank and expect not to get noticed.  They have cameras on the tellers to prevent that kind of skimming from happening.

Back
Top Bottom