Just had a interview with Capital One

So, I just interviewed for a Peak Time Teller position at Capital One Bank.The interview part went incredibly well, except for one thing. I forgot to take my earrings out this morning before heading out, and showed up to the interview with them on. I was speaking with the Asst. Branch Manger when I realized they were still in. He wasn't "interviewing" me at that time, we were just chatting while the Branch Manager was finishing somethings up. Then when he came up to us, I shook his hand and when he asked me to follow him to his area I took out my earrings and did the main interview with them out. How do you guys think this slip up may have affected my ability to still get this position?

I think you will be fine. unless they were some odd color like pink or yellow etc...

Good luck though
smile.gif

I doubt earrings affect anything. I don't wear them anymore, but I've interviewed for many jobs with some humble sized earrings. I mean, if you rocking cam'ron style joints..you might have an issue.

Well, they are are just small jet black hoops. Not Michael Jordan size hoops, they barely hang.

Peace Rico,

If you really feel that you did incredibly well and you felt a good vibe from the person interviewing I doubt that something insignificant as some small earrings would hinder you from being offered a position.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Well, they are are just small jet black hoops. Not Michael Jordan size hoops, they barely hang.
Not to burst your bubble but in this economy, they look for any reason to not hire someone. For every job, there's something like 300-400 applicants. Be careful, there are plenty of Brooks bros applicants right behind you. That said, you didn't interview with them on. I say no biggie.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm aware the job market is very competitive right now, that's why this was so worrisome for me. Like finnns2003 said, anything can knock you out of the running. Hopefully, it all works out though, lord knows I need it to.

laugh.gif
I'll post pics when I get a start date. I've filled out the forms. Now I need to go in for a drug test and background check, both will come back spotless.

Bro congratulations! I'm in training for Capital One right now. I'm not just talking it up but from what I've seen and heard it's a great company to work for. Make sure you enroll in the 401k and if you are in school enroll in the tuition reimbursement program. If you're full time they'll give you back up to 5,000 dollars. We also have an Associate Discount Program so you can shop just about everywhere and get some kind of discount. Brooks Brothers, Foot Locker, Nike, Urban Outfitters just to name a few. Your job is pretty secure too. They just acquired HSBC's credit card accounts and ING Direct so if you want to be there for a while and advance the opportunities are there. If you have any questions, drop me a pm and I'll give you my work email. You get one too once you get on. Once again, congrats.
happy.gif

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys, definitely appreciated .

IX Is Tha Future, I'll definitely keep in contact with you. I haven't even started the training process yet, so some deeper insight would definitely be appreciated

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys, definitely appreciated .

IX Is Tha Future, I'll definitely keep in contact with you. I haven't even started the training process yet, so some deeper insight would definitely be appreciated
Yeah man, just hit me up via PM whenever and I'll get to you asap.

So, I just interviewed for a Peak Time Teller position at Capital One Bank.The interview part went incredibly well, except for one thing. I forgot to take my earrings out this morning before heading out, and showed up to the interview with them on. I was speaking with the Asst. Branch Manger when I realized they were still in. He wasn't "interviewing" me at that time, we were just chatting while the Branch Manager was finishing somethings up. Then when he came up to us, I shook his hand and when he asked me to follow him to his area I took out my earrings and did the main interview with them out. How do you guys think this slip up may have affected my ability to still get this position?
Got my interview at a bank on SATURDAY at 1 PM......should be interesting....4th interview.......hope all goes well
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom