Just made an AppleBee's Carside to Go order, how much do I tip vol put food in a box, hand it to me

Order was like 26$ and should be ready in 20 minutes. How much do I tip the dude, last time she said it was the bartender, who she goes and gets to just pickup the bag with my name on it and hand it to me? Should I tip the female who stands at the counter and asks me my name, then goes to get somebody else to handme my bag of food sitting right there and take my money? 15% would be just under 4.00$, to pick up a bag and hand it to me.

go to the counter and tell her the tip is 'Watch out for that man behind you" then when she turns to look, run.....
ex:

I don't tip for takeout - i guess if they bring the food to your car you slide them a couple bucks? Never did applebees carside

Nah, the Carside has it's on entrance right by the kitchen with a booth set up right when you walk in and all the orders already boxed up with the receipton the outside of them and the total price and name circled. You just step in the door, she asks your name, goes and gets a waiter who then grabs the bag withthe bold print name that corresponds, and you pay that person.

i've only gave $1. you're not being waited as if you were sitting down there, and you had to drive down there to pick it up. So just hand the chick adollar for bringing out to the car.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Nah, the Carside has it's on entrance right by the kitchen with a booth set up right when you walk in and all the orders already boxed up with the receipt on the outside of them and the total price and name circled. You just step in the door, she asks your name, goes and gets a waiter who then grabs the bag with the bold print name that corresponds, and you pay that person.

whenever I do applebee's they always ask what type of car i'm in, i assume they have a camera on the reserved carside parking spots, because when Ipull up they come out

They don't do that here. They do ask about the car and have the designated to go spot right by the aforementioned special entrance, but I go in andthey're always just sitting there. Even if they did, a few bucks seems kind of steep for a few steps outside, unless it was tornado-ing maybe.

I think I'm going to try to do the give my tip to the cook routine and see what they say.

I've worked in the restaurant industry for a year and I never understood how to go people feel as if they should receive as much gratuity as a server. butto answer your question, if the person is nice, and helpful, shoot them 3 or 4 bux.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I've worked in the restaurant industry for a year and I never understood how to go people feel as if they should receive as much gratuity as a server. but to answer your question, if the person is nice, and helpful, shoot them 3 or 4 bux.
Helpful? All they do is go, "your name Dennis? Ok, here *reads receipt* 25 bucks."

Anyways, yea I didn't tip them #%*% because I thought they overcharged me by 5$, but I probably wouldn't have anyways, not counting the 2 cents sinceit would have just been inconvenient to wait for it

i don't tip...its not like they were your server...they carried the food out...thats like the drive thru they just stepped outside...

Originally Posted by GhengesK

$2 mandatory or never order food there again.

Swine flu, FTL.
Immune system ftw. The regular flu kills 100 Americans a day, we're making all this hoopla about h1n1 which has killed what, like 2, in almosta month since being rediscovered and blamed on the Mexicans

I ordered carside once, I didn't tip. Because I walked to the door where they come out from
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom