Just picked up my dream car...

Originally Posted by Sputnik

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

My goal is to beat Nissan GT-R's, which isn't that hard to obtain in an Evo.
I was gonna say nice pickup until I read this.
I love when people compare modded cars to stock cars
If i mod my gtr I can beat a lot of other more expensive cars too, but that doesnt mean $**!.
yeah your heavily modded eg civic can beat a gtr, congrats. at the end of the day you still got a civic.
*waits for videos of evo's destroying other cars *
eyes.gif

Now that's just stupid. Let me guess... you got beat by a civic didn't you? haha

At the end of the day, you spent 80k and the civic that whooped your butt spent about 10-15k INCLUDING the car.
naw but lemme guess... you push a civic dont you? haha

even if i did get beat by a civic, i wouldn't be mad. Id congratulate him and keep it moving.
At the end of the day, ITS STILL A !@#+!!* CIVIC
why dont you cop some shaqs, then change the laces, insole, etc?
itll produce a product of almost similar performance, similar quality (recent nike quality smh), for a cheaper cost.
Why dont you eat top ramen all day? It gets you full for a cheaper cost.

if i wanted it to fast and cheaper, i would have bought a bike.

Actually no, I don't drive a civic
laugh.gif
Nice try though... Truth is, I drive a 1998 Lincoln Navigator, something I worked hard for and bought myself. Not given to me.

And your argument is ridiculous and again, stupid. What does buying Top Ramen and Shaqs have to do with what you commented on the first place? Nice try though...

"Just a civic"
roll.gif
Here, let me be like you guys...

"Michael Jordan is just basketball player, BIG WHOOP, there are many basketball players"

"Barrack Obama is just the President, BIG WHOOP, there were many Presidents"

"Nike is just a shoe, BIG WHOOP, there are other shoes"
No it's not.  You can spend $500 on a Civic shell and put say, I'll begenerous and say $20,000 into the car and be faster than 99% of thecars out there.  So what?  You have a Civic on steroid...big whoop.
What in the world are you talking about? Civic on steroids?
roll.gif

Floyd Mayweather is that you?
nerd.gif

There a thousands of people out there who have tuned civics becausethey like them and enjoy working on/modding them. They can afford moreexpensive cars and most of the time have one, but still enjoy somethingto tinker with.

This may be true, but I have yet to encounter one here in SoCal.  All of the Honda owners I know are usually in their teens to late 20s.  They all admit if they can afford to be in a better car, they would.  But the reality is that Hondas are easy and cheap to tune, thus why they have the cars.

I'm not knocking on the Evo, I had an Evo 8 myself.  I met some great friends on SCE who I still hang out with.  The Evo is a unique car, I will say that.  I've met owners anywhere from age 16 to mid 60s.  But now...the age of  Evo owners just keep getting younger and younger.  The 3 folks I know with X's have already traded in for GTR's and C63.  Of course mentality doesn't really correlate with age, but that's the general statement.  This is why Scion/Honda owners, as a whole, get a bad rep.

I've driven tons of cars, from exotics to 11 second Civics.  While the Civics on steroid are fast, scary fast...they lack finesse. 

If i mod my gtr I can beat a lot of other more expensive cars too, but that doesnt mean $**!.
yeah your heavily modded eg civic can beat a gtr, congrats. at the end of the day you still got a civic.
eyes.gif

Some people honestly dont care, because they still beat a gtr lol. It goes both ways..

If you plan to be out at them race spots watch yourself OP.

What in the world are you talking about? Civic on steroids?
roll.gif

What would you call a Civic that's blown with a K24 then?  I'm not knocking on Hondas, hell I was one of the few who put the Apexi V-AFC V-tec controller on my 7th gen AV6 just so I can hang with a DC5 type S with i/h/e.  But "I'm going to buy this car so I can smoke cars that cost 5 times my cost" is straight up ricer mentality.

LOL a lot of commotion in here.  In the end the bigger pocket wins the race, however when you're turning it into road course vs. 1/4 mile, the better driver will win.  I see why people like to target more expensive cars, because we like being/going for the underdog.  Don't get me wrong I like the GT-R, but I just can't afford one so instead I'm going to make my Evo "GT-R" capable.  We're both AWD and both F/I. 

ive always liked evos, this is a nice car. as far as the argument between OP and sputnik im starting to think that the thread about an evo vs a gtr is them racing

eyes.gif

Now that's just stupid. Let me guess... you got beat by a civic didn't you? haha

At the end of the day, you spent 80k and the civic that whooped your butt spent about 10-15k INCLUDING the car.

even if i did get beat by a civic, i wouldn't be mad. Id congratulate him and keep it moving.
itll produce a product of almost similar performance, similar quality (recent nike quality smh), for a cheaper cost.

laugh.gif
Nice try though... Truth is, I drive a 1998 Lincoln Navigator, something I worked hard for and bought myself. Not given to me.

Someone sounds extremely salty.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the car wasnt entirely given to me so #%$* outta here.
i put 30 stacks of my own money, anyone that knows me in real life on here can confirm that
although yes the parents paid for the rest, big %%*++++ deal.
what am i supposed to do? no parents dont pay for the rest of this gtr, i wanna whip a 98 lincoln instead.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

The person arguing against this idea always makes it seem as if the car in question is the owners ONLY car. Isnt it possible to own more than one car? OMG yes it is. At the end of the day a modded civic isnt just a civic, it can be a highly tuned street machine that is appreciated for what it is and an ode to the world of japanese motorsports. Its called a hobby guys, get used to it. There a thousands of people out there who have tuned civics because they like them and enjoy working on/modding them. They can afford more expensive cars and most of the time have one, but still enjoy something to tinker with.

Younger people have a hard time wrapping their head around being able to enjoy more than one thing. When you are young, you think what you have is the best, what you think is the best and anyone else who says otherwise is an idiot...When in reality it is the other way around (young and dumb was coined for a reason)

CO_SIGN,  people who think like this are narrow minded. a tuned car is called a hobby and a form of self expression. its kinda like people on here or ISS several years ago who say they collect shoe, they are a bigger shoe head than you, and so on and when you see their collections, the only have countdown packages, and general release SB's versus you who only have half as many shoes but you have paris dunks, unkle lows, unkle high, sole collector dunks, union 180's etc. and those shoes use to cost 400+outside of retail purchase. BUt at the end of the day id rather drive these

72155789pomqqaqd69.jpg

re-amemiya-rx7.jpg

rx7-39987.jpg

Gemballa-Enzo-rear-3-4.jpg

v12supra05.jpg

VERSUS these (stock)

lexus-is250-is350-front.jpg

ac_schnitzer_bmw_m3.jpg

corvette_2006.jpg

LAMBORGHINI_GallardoSpider-1.jpg

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the car wasnt entirely given to me so #%$* outta here.
i put 30 stacks of my own money, anyone that knows me in real life on here can confirm that
although yes the parents paid for the rest, big %%*++++ deal.
what am i supposed to do? no parents dont pay for the rest of this gtr, i wanna whip a 98 lincoln instead.
ohwell.gif
L

Reading through this threads it seems like the people with the fast expensive cars get offended.  I don't know why, it's not like I was calling people out.  A mofo just wants to beat up on GT-R's what's the big deal?  Yes this has been and is my dream car.  I live within my boundaries partners.  Spending 80K+ on a car, you better have at least $1,000,000 in assets and a nice emergency fund.  To each their own though.

You could easily smoke almost all Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche in just about any race, but you're still in a Nissan....

Originally Posted by wj4

I've met owners anywhere from age 16 to mid 60s.  But now...the age of  Evo owners just keep getting younger and younger.
Yeah...because you can pick one up for about the same price as a brand new Civic. You're also going to see alot more being bent up and trashed. Pretty sad.

Originally Posted by THockey66

You could easily smoke almost all Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche in just about any race, but you're still in a Nissan....

all true

its just different levels.

OP nice car btw though. very much respected.

Back
Top Bottom