Just read about the last episode of Roseanne and got me thinking...

80's hospital drama St. Elsewhere, in the end was revealed to be the imagination of an autistic child and had taken place inside of a snow globe
[h2]The Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)][[/color]edit source  | editbeta[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)]][/color][/h2]
The Tommy Westphall universe hypothesis, an idea discussed among some television fans, makes the claim that not only does St. Elsewhere  take place within Tommy's mind, but so do numerous other television series which are directly and indirectly connected to St. Elsewhere  through fictional crossovers  and spin-offs, resulting in a large fictional universe  taking place entirely within Tommy's mind.[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup][sup][4][/sup][sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup]  In 2002 writer Dwayne McDuffie  wrote Six Degrees of St. Elsewhere  for the Slush Factory website, the earliest version of the hypothesis to be found online.[sup][7][/sup]  In a 2003 article published on BBC News Online, St. Elsewhere  writer Tom Fontana  was quoted as saying, "Someone did the math once... and something like 90 percent of all [American] television took place in Tommy Westphall's mind. God love him."[sup][8][/sup]
[h3]An example of crossover[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)][[/color]edit source  | editbeta[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)]][/color][/h3]
The St. Elsewhere  characters of Dr. Roxanne Turner (Alfre Woodard) and Dr. Victor Ehrlich (Ed Begley, Jr.) appeared on Homicide: Life on the Street.[sup][9][/sup][sup][10][/sup]  Fontana was the executive producer and showrunner for Homicide  for its entire seven years.

The argument of the Tommy Westphall Universe is that because of this fictional crossover, the two series arguably exist within the same fictional universe, and within Tommy Westphall's mind because of the final episode of St. Elsewhere; by extension this hypothesis can therefore be extended to series ranging from the science fiction  program The X-Files  to the entire Law & Orderfranchise (due to various crossovers with characters from the Homicide  series, in particular Det. John Munch).
[table][tr][th=""]John Munch[/th][/tr][tr][td]Law & Order  character[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="row"] [/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Credited appearances[/th][td]122 episodes (HLOTS)
4 episodes (L&O)
1 episode (The X Files)
319 episodes (SVU)
1 episode (The Beat)
1 episode (TBJ)
1 episode (Arrested Development)
1 episode (The Wire)
449 episodes (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]
CLIFFNOTEs: an autistic character on St. Elsewhere imagined the entire show. that show had ties to many other shoes on tv. could it be that the kid imagined damn near every show on tv? lol 

Last edited:
Ending of Martin :frown:

This. and the last episode of Fresh Prince was really sad man. I'm still upset that the wayans bros. and smart guy didn't get a proper ending. it just got cancelled. especially smart guy. I love that show. wish it lasted longer.

Ending of Martin
frown.gif
This. and the last episode of Fresh Prince was really sad man. I'm still upset that the wayans bros. and smart guy didn't get a proper ending. it just got cancelled. especially smart guy. I love that show. wish it lasted longer.
wayans bros. is mad underrated IMO

Jamie Foxx Show and Steve Harvey Show too

First off, I never knew how creepy/dark the show ended, but it got me thinking about other shows/movies that ended similar ways.

I'm a big fan How I Met Your Mother and it seems many people are suggesting its going to have a dark ending and whatnot regarding Ted and the "mother" which I don't agree with but hey who knows.

Breaking Bad is ready for its last season and fans of the show are all bracing themselves for a very tragic dark ending as well.

Any other sitcoms/movies that ended that similar ways?

Dawg I still ask myself why dukie had to do that :frown:

The ending of the wire was sad because all the work the cops did was for nothing. The cycle was going to continue. Michael was the new omar, Dukie and arabber were the new Bubbles and Sherod, snydor was the new McNulty

Last edited:
The ending of the wire was sad because all the work the cops did was for nothing. The cycle was going to continue. Michael was the new omar, Dukie and arabber were the new Bubbles and Sherod, snydor was the new McNulty

The cops didn't do all the work for nothing. They got Chris Partlow on the one murder based on solid police work, and eventually got him to cop to all the murders in vacants (after working Levy). That was all real police work. Marlo walked, but it wasn't without consequences.

The cops didn't do all the work for nothing. They got Chris Partlow on the one murder based on solid police work, and eventually got him to cop to all the murders in vacants (after working Levy). That was all real police work. Marlo walked, but it wasn't without consequences.

The cops did a solid job but the ending of the show brought us right back to where the show started. The cycle they tried to stop on every level (corruption,the drug trade, sketchy police tactics) was going to continue no matter what they did. Valchek was going to be the corrupt commish, dukie was the new dope fiend yo take over for bubbles, etc.

About Dinosaurs:
The series finale was episode 58 ("Changing Nature"). Episodes 59-65 were filmed, but never shown during the original broadcast. They were later shown in syndication.
From reading the descriptions for those episodes, it seems as if they just completely dismissed the whole extinction thing and all was back to normal.

Last edited:
story on the behind the scenes stuff with Martin? I really don't remember tbh....

Basically, Tisha Campbell accused Martin of sexual harassment and decided to quit the show. The whole last season, Martin and Gina never was even on screen together at the same time. The show wasn't even scheduled to end but all the BTS stuff forced them to wrap it up...

The cops did a solid job but the ending of the show brought us right back to where the show started. The cycle they tried to stop on every level (corruption,the drug trade, sketchy police tactics) was going to continue no matter what they did. Valchek was going to be the corrupt commish, dukie was the new dope fiend yo take over for bubbles, etc.

Yesir. Slim Charles becomes the new prop Joe/Marlo, Michael becomes the new Omar, one kid with the braids becomes the new bodie (kind at heart but lost in the system, forced to become the opposite)

Show was one the goats

story on the behind the scenes stuff with Martin? I really don't remember tbh....
Basically, Tisha Campbell accused Martin of sexual harassment and decided to quit the show. The whole last season, Martin and Gina never was even on screen together at the same time. The show wasn't even scheduled to end but all the BTS stuff forced them to wrap it up...
Should have written her off smh or pulled a Fresh Prince and replaced her

Last edited:
BEST and most POIGNANT series finale of all time goes to...

SIX FEET UNDER. A TV show that was about death and a family-run funeral home ends on the most morbid - but compelling - note...

Long story short, they show how each of the characters on the show ends up dying after the show ends.

Start at 3:20

Last edited:

This is getting posted everytime one of these threads pop up :lol:

This **** broke my heart man

Finding out Kevin and Winnie don't end up together, Kevin's dad dying...

It was so real...so good **** :frown:

Last edited:
bobbyhundreds show sounds. :wow:
Not sure if I want to watch that vid at 1:00 am tho. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom