Just started a website and need some constructive criticisms/feedback

What's up?
the site is meant for users to expand their knowledge of love, prosperity, righteousness and to inspire users to begin working for positive change.  

please let me know what you think and if you would/wouldn't use the site and why/why not?

it's in testing phase right now and i still need to add a lot of changes (I know there's a bunch of random kinks that need to be worked out), so consider this the beta version.  thanks in advance!

the website is in the signature, please click on it.  

7/10

Too WIKIpedia-%!$. You could use a more original background. Too bland for my liking and I'm not saying you should have fancy graphics.

It's organized though.

and no I don't think it's whack.

Don't really understand the purpose of the site and how the name relates to anything on the site.

Looks too much like a wiki w/ the functions of a wiki.

Very organized and easy to navigate.

congrats on building a site where everything works, sometimes it can be real motha ... what program did you use to build it? Real plain and basic though, maybe try to do some graphics instead of the texts and make them click-able links if you're not trying to learn flash or java

tim teufel wrote:
wack

Everybody will say it's wack because kanye or jay-z isn't talking about it ect...What trips me is people trip because you don't got anything....but once you get something.....they trip because you got something!

Anyway, I love what your doing.....anybody who wants to create something for anybody to enjoy is a positive outlook in my eyes. Keep up the good work.....

8.5/10

Great concept and execution. Needless to say since you just started the site, but, there is a lot of room for improvement. But I really don't see any negatives...

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

tim teufel wrote:
wack

Everybody will say it's wack because kanye or jay-z isn't talking about it ect...What trips me is people trip because you don't got anything....but once you get something.....they trip because you got something!

Anyway, I love what your doing.....anybody who wants to create something for anybody to enjoy is a positive outlook in my eyes. Keep up the good work.....

can you use trip one more time in a sentence
laugh.gif

But above all you should understand that there can never be peace between nations until there is known that true peace, which, as I have often said, is within the souls of men.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

it looks like nobody read the content
laugh.gif
...and nobody ever will without a proper heading and appealing design.

What's the page about? Who are you? What are you trying to accomplish?

These questions should be answered within seconds of me viewing the page.

Come up with better colors that work well together, make a header/banner and add some text about what the page is about to engage your reader. If we like what we see... then we'll think about reading your fine print. I'm not being conceded either... this is how the human brain works, especially when you're on the internet and there are greater sources of stimulation and mind titilation a click away.

Definately needs a better navigation. I see no way to get back to the first page. The content seems decent, just need to make it more apparent. You also might want to learn how to use "pretty" permalinks for SEO.

Are you using Joomla?

- Make the center div align with the top of your logo or the top of your menu (but you gonna have to put your logo on the top instead than in the corner). I don't know why, but this is really bothering me!
happy.gif

- Search button should be align with the textfield.
- Menu should be wider so that login form will not be cut.
- The "footer" should be lower when the center div isn't very high (look at the bottom of a search page with no result to understand what I mean)
- Take off the "effect" on the logo (probably a css you put over all your "a" link that also affects the image. Use a class on the menu items instead)
- When I want to leave a comment (http://www.robinhoodtheory.org/?p=377#respond), your textfield is WAY to large...

Did you test it before showing it?

Theres nothing catchy about it I looked, then clicked back. Whats the purpose of it. Its most likely something I wouldn't search for. But good effort I guess.

Thank you to everyone who commented.  I will consider everything.  
Another question:  

Would you use the site?  Why? Why not??

Back
Top Bottom