Just started collecting any suggestions

Originally Posted by Untitled

stop while you can....

sneaker "collecting" is thousands of dollars wasted on shoes that could go into something alot better....
QFT.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by AirThompson

It's kinda too late, Jordans products back then
eek.gif
. . .

945.jpg
105.jpg
322.jpg
93.jpg
88.jpg
789.jpg

On the other hand, Jordans products as of late
sick.gif
. . .
1264.jpg
1184.jpg
994.jpg
1153.jpg
547.jpg
1093.jpg

I'm not knocking you at all do what you want, but you wont get your moneys worth.
lol at ur list....how about

1264.jpg
1183.jpg
1160.jpg
1149.jpg

buy what you like, wear your kicks, and enjoy them while you can. And welcome to NT.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

stop while you can....

sneaker "collecting" is thousands of dollars wasted on shoes that could go into something alot better....
Word. My advice would be, buy what you like and wear what you like. Starting a collection only really means that you're out to get any and everything you can, and most of this will be outrageous prices for sometime unwearable shoes..

OMG I had to learn this the HARD WAY bought up a bunch of shoes I dont want anymore. Listen look around and get the shoes you really want no spur of the moment thing. The Shoes should be your favorites and the colors you like.

Currently im attending Shoesaholic Annonymous. Its very addicting. Sometimes I say to myself I wish I was never into collecting shoes, but then again I loveshoes, why not spend the money on what I love. I have a family as well and buy them shoes as well. What other things can you spend your money on? You spend iton what you like right? Collecting shoes is like collecting basketball cards. You can say shoes are ment to be worn, but stamps are ment to be on envelopes,and collecting coins are ment to spend. Most of you guys dont make sense when saying shoes are ment to be worn. Everything has a purpose, but not only onepurpose. I can collect cars and not drive them. IF you love shoes, then collect them, wear them do what ever you want with them, but do it because you deeplyhave a passion for them, not because you want to fit it and say you have Jays. DONT BE A HYPEBEAST!

straight up Quality over Quantity. and cherish love and wear ur shoes. Have a secure income.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Advice:

Get out while you can

best advise so far..the shoe game is a brutal and addictive place,i've been trying to get out for 10 years!

Originally Posted by GreatestGoliath

stop while you can....

Lol yup the Better thing is to finally get That Jacob Jesus out of the Gulag Ninja lol
FIRST thing imma do with that damn thing is take it to a dunk xchange and !%@ on entire collections with just the piece...get cats extra aggy
laugh.gif

Buy what u like dont get into the hype. Im trying to be done or atleast done wit jordans going to nike retros

i kinda just started to first pair where the 22 black/red . anyways just buy wat you like and make sure you do your homework on release dates

eek.gif
. . .

945.jpg
105.jpg
322.jpg
93.jpg
88.jpg
789.jpg

sick.gif
. . .
1264.jpg
1184.jpg
994.jpg
1153.jpg
547.jpg
1093.jpg

I'm not knocking you at all do what you want, but you wont get your moneys worth.

whats wrong with CDP 14s and bred 1s?

They're horrible, they dont hold a candle to what JB produced when material was good. Now the '08 I's just look at the '01 I's nuff' said.

the CDP 14 colorway is great and I own the bred strap 1s. I owned the last shots and have had the cdp 14s pass my hand and really the difference is nothing but the fact its a shoe. The 1s are fine
Those "Last Shots" are OG, now theres a big difference between OG and CDP XIV. But, thats not where I was going. I was telling himretroes today are not worth it. Spending an extra $20-$30 when they're not even up to par. Now of course there are shoes today worth getting, no doubt! Ijust saying back in the jordan/retro HAY DAY '94-'04 imo every Jordan was a 75% coppable, now just 20% or lower.

Now back to the strap I's they're fine, but they are nothing compared to the 01's and 94's. JB hustled many with those, because they'redropping hi b/reds this year.

Yeah, STOP. The golden era of Jordan is over and has been for a while. Nothing worth buying really comes out anymore. If you really get into this, you'llbe tempted to spend big money on older releases.

It's a lose/lose unless you make good money.

Originally Posted by cacdawg07

Stop while you can. This is the most addicting and expensive habit you will ever have...

Seriously, listen to this guy. Luckily, my addiction only lasted a year and a half. Last year I made 21gs and I have nothing to show for but some sneakers. Iended up selling a few of them earlier this year just to get some money back. Haven't purchased a pair of kicks since November. Now I'll only by a pairif I really Love it and know it wouldn't put a hole in my pockets. The Griffeys will be the first pair I purchase for the year.

Originally Posted by slowgraffiti

I just started as well...only buying what I like anyway, but that is some good advice. I'd never get anything for completion's sake.

Was looking over the legit retailer list in the legit check forum. It was a lot to go through all of the links to find the best places...some just sell SB, some are broken links, some very limited sizes (I wear 14).

I managed to find citysole, pick your shoes, and flightclub. Are there other big retailers along these lines?

uptempoair, bnyconline, and sneakerhead

JB just release their entire number jordan last year (1-23). Bad time to start! all you can look forward to in 09' is extremely limited retro Jay with aridiculous price tag.

i would suggest u see what jordans have been released in the last "x" amount of years (depending how far back u wana go) look at all the differentCW's and different models of AJ's. go for what u find appealing. i would go on sneakefiles.com and click on the air jordan category icon. it will showu all the OG CW's and all the retro CW's and when they came out. my personal suggestions would be to look into the grape V's, flint XIII's,olympic VII's, CDP VI's (carmines), and aqua VIII's. those r jus some of my favs tho.

quality > quantity - make a list of the shoes you want and start searching.

if you can afford it, buy doubles of your favorites.

welcome to nt!

eek.gif
. .

945.jpg

105.jpg

322.jpg

93.jpg
88.jpg
789.jpg

sick.gif
. . .

1264.jpg

1184.jpg

994.jpg

1153.jpg

547.jpg

1093.jpg

real talk. and this is why everybody is sayin to wear them cause they don't hold value like they used to anyway.

ON THE REAL TIP. ITS ALL GOOD 2 COLLECT Js, BUT BUY ONLY WHAT UD WEAR. I GOT 25 PAIR ALL WORN. SO GO RACK UP, BUT DONT WAST YA MONEY ON DS,UNWEARABLE SHOES
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom