Kansas City Chiefs' Larry Johnson Out for Season

Quote:
Kansas City Chiefs' Larry Johnson Out for Season

Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 4:10 PM MST
Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST

By JOSINA ANDERSON, Denver Sports Insider

KANSAS CITY - Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season with a broken right foot.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.

According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, it was later determined that Johnson had suffered a fracture.

According to the source, Johnson is seeking a second opinion on the injury. He arrived at the Chief's practice facility on crutches Tuesday.

So far this season, Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards. That total has Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry whos 13th with 580 yards.

While this injury is bad news for Johnson, its a bright spot for the Denver Broncos whos last ranked rush defense who wont have to face him this coming weekend.

OregonDucks
Jonathan Stewart/Dennis Dixon for Heisman.​

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​

Wow, who would imagine the top 5 running backs from last year being all nonfactors this year? (Gore, S-Jax, LJ, LT, Deuce, and Shaun Alexander)

damn....well now Priest Holmes gets more carries
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

man, Imma just act like the 2007 season never happened at all.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

that is six running backs. and i think calling LT a nonfactor is a little unfair. he is eighth this year in points.

tSamShoX:
Shaun Alexander

As big a fan I used to be of him, he is done.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Tell me LJ ain't happy that he signed that BIG extension before the season started.....this is the exact reason why dudes hold out for more money....nothing in the NFL (health wise) is guranteed....

all i see is that he has a foot sprain

TEAM AALIYAH
ONE IN A MILLION
DOLPHINS GATORS HEAT HURRICANES

Anyone going to gamble on Priest? I think he's going to remain a fantasy non-factor.

BTW, Yahoo still says LJ is likely out vs. the Broncos. No news of him being done for the year.

NO! that sucks, after a good game too, flag celebration had me :rofl:
roll.gif
, but the return of priest could be :pimp:
pimp.gif

Damn shame.

At least my dude got extra time to appear in more Jay-Z videos. :smh:
smh.gif
fullj.getty-75557904dv011_cincinnati.jpg
Out

Well its all up to Kolby Smith and. . .Priest Holmes. Oh and Brodie Croyle will also most likely start on Sunday as well.

holidaysmore. . .2001

This has not been confirmed. It is coming from a reporter in DENVER. We happen to play Denver this weekend. We happen to hate Denver with a passion. The Chiefs are maintaining that it is a sprained ankle and that he'll be out 2 to 4 weeks.
Mr. Muggles
Leading the revolution: 2008 BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA!​

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- One of the NFL's most feeble offenses is almost certain to be without its star running back for at least a week, and possibly longer.

Larry Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl player, has a sprained right foot and is highly questionable for Sunday's game against Denver, Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday.

Edwards declined to speculate on how long Johnson might be out, saying he did not have enough information.
sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ne...id=3097173
Team Beatfactory L.L.C.
Bryan Michael Cox is now my boss.
TEAM CLEVELAND BROWNS-TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS​

thank god i picked up the priest

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -​

Back
Top Bottom