Kansas City Closing 26 Schools by 2011

tired.gif

Didn't watch vid...but public elementary/middle/highschools? Where are the thousands of kids gonna go?
Midwest < _______

....wait

South < Midwest < _____

Originally Posted by derventa

Didn't watch vid...but public elementary/middle/highschools? Where are the thousands of kids gonna go?
Midwest < _______

....wait

South < Midwest < _____

You should watch the video. No region is impervious to what Kansas City is going through..or many other places and states.

It's beginning, the takeover. You censor the world from originality and expression, after that doesn't work you cut off education. Much easier to brainwash empty minds.

You know whats funny? We put so much money into taking lives vs saving them and educating people
laugh.gif

Damn shame nobody can come up with money to help these kids out. So many millions and billions of dollars sitting in rich bank accounts not being used. 

btw, thank you for sharing this. I am currently working with a group of kids at a local high school, and the realities of the public education system in this country are scary. They don't have money to hire teachers but they have money to install cameras and have police officers...hmmm

Portland, OR went through this a couple years ago... lost of schools got shut down... they just combined middle schools and high schools together....

i read this earlier and i can't believe it...

this country is failing our children and we aren't doing much to stop them...

i honestly have no solution but i know there has to be one...

we need to renovate our public school systems very soon or we will be seeing some piss poor citizens in the near future.....

Originally Posted by hellaones

just 33 schools for 17k students  
eek.gif

smh.gif

Why is that hard to comprehend? I walked with 850 seniors. I think my school is around 3200.
There are Houston area schools with 4k + students. Yes HS have more students then small colleges out here
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

17k/33 = 515 students. Maybe you should re-work your math.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]this country is failing our children and we aren't doing much to stop them...[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]i honestly have no solution but i know there has to be one...[/color]
Wrong the only thing they are failing to do is educate these people but they are protecting the crap out of them from made up terrorists.
laugh.gif
But seriously educating children isn't the top prority. The cost of housing a prisoner is much more than schooling a kid, so I guess you can get a sense of how much we value education.
Lol wut?

I'm so glad I got out of HS in time for this, my HS (in Kansas) was about to lose accreditation and I probably could not have been admitted in to college. I read this in the Kansas City Star this morning.
tired.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
for people voting to close schools.

i live in kcmo but went to school in kck ...
the kcmo school district has been in bad shape for a very very long time.
it sucks that so many schools are going to be over crowded and kids displaced. Also all the teachers that are going to be out of a job, its crazy.

soggymayo wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:

this country is failing our children and we aren't doing much to stop them...

i honestly have no solution but i know there has to be one...
Wrong the only thing they are failing to do is educate these people but they are protecting the crap out of them from made up terrorists.
laugh.gif
But seriously educating children isn't the top prority. The cost of housing a prisoner is much more than schooling a kid, so I guess you can get a sense of how much we value education.
Lol wut?

i don't see where we disagree on the red part..

i'm just sayin i don't know what the solution is to the budget problems with the schools but i'm sure its not closing them...

my middle school and elementary school were in the same building but it was built that you could tell where they began and ended...

elementary kids and HS kids in a building not built for that? i def. see problems...

assuming the HS is full now that just means larger classrooms to make space for the lil kids...not to mention the different start times

my HS was crazy...my brothers freshman class alone was 600+ and my senior class was like 400+ that same year...

that same year two new HS opened up in our county and every HS was still over crowded...

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

hellaones wrote:
just 33 schools for 17k students  
eek.gif

smh.gif

Why is that hard to comprehend? I walked with 850 seniors. I think my school is around 3200.
There are Houston area schools with 4k + students. Yes HS have more students then small colleges out here
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

17k/33 = 515 students. Maybe you should re-work your math.

yeah you right

what threw me off was the thought of grade schools and high schools being in the same vicinity

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

btw, thank you for sharing this. I am currently working with a group of kids at a local high school, and the realities of the public education system in this country are scary. They don't have money to hire teachers but they have money to install cameras and have police officers...hmmm

i was explaining this to a buddy of mine a couple months ago, its how financial crisis playout

tax payers who are unwilling to pay higher taxes are faced with a very simple conflict proposed to them by public officials - do they want "safer streets or better schools" - and chances are theyll take safer streets every time

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

soggymayo wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]this country is failing our children and we aren't doing much to stop them...[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]i honestly have no solution but i know there has to be one...[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Wrong the only thing they are failing to do is educate these people but they are protecting the crap out of them from made up terrorists.
laugh.gif
Lol wut?[/color]

i don't see where we disagree on the red part..
I wasn't disagreeing with you I was just adding more to it.
i'm just sayin i don't know what the solution is to the budget problems with the schools but i'm sure its not closing them...
There are many solutions Example: take money from prisoners give it to students easy solution
my middle school and elementary school were in the same building but it was built that you could tell where they began and ended...

elementary kids and HS kids in a building not built for that? i def. see problems...
Well at least nerds will have girls to spit their game at
laugh.gif

assuming the HS is full now that just means larger classrooms to make space for the lil kids...not to mention the different start times

my HS was crazy...my brothers freshman class alone was 600+ and my senior class was like 400+ that same year...
Hahaha, that's nothing my senior class this year is 800+ our school was so impacted they built another high school and sent the freshies and sophmores to the new one it was over the student count limit by 1200+ kids
that same year two new HS opened up in our county and every HS was still over crowded...Same here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but people are to blame for that problem quit having kids!!!

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

i was explaining this to a buddy of mine a couple months ago, its how financial crisis playout

tax payers who are unwilling to pay higher taxes are faced with a very simple conflict proposed to them by public officials - do they want "safer streets or better schools" - and chances are theyll take safer streets every time
truth.jpg

Back
Top Bottom