Kanye: "There is zero auto-tune on BP3"

http://www.mtv.com/news/a...158/20090526/jay_z.jhtml

NEW YORK - "Where amazing happens" doesn't just take place on the NBA courts - it also happens in Kanye West's studio. The Grammy winner says Jay-Z's long-percolating Blueprint 3 will be well worth the long wait the MC's fans have been enduring

"Jay is in control of everything in his domain," Kanye, the album's producer, said last week during a promotional visit for his book, "Thank You and You're Welcome."

"He's just been working on it, and it's gonna be amazing when he drops it. I think it's good he's taking his time to give people the best product possible and not being rushed by this fast-food, media-outlet, Internet, everything-is-getting-leaked, people-stealing your-songs-before-you-can-mix-them-and-put-them-online world we're living in right now."

Kanye revealed that he and Jay went back in and made some alterations to B3 since they first started.

"We actually removed all the songs with Auto-Tune off of his album," West said, "to make the point that this is an anti-Auto-Tune album, even though I released an album that has all Auto-Tune!

"It doesn't matter to me," Kanye laughed about Jay not wanting to incorporate the sound that is featured so heavily on Kanye's 808s & Heartbreak. "It's music; it's just sonics. I like Auto-Tune so I do it, but you want the other thing - like you'll wear a suit to a wedding and gym shoes to a basketball game. I think it's a perfect moment for Jay to provide some gym shoes to a basketball game right now."

No release date has been set for Blueprint 3, however, last week, Jay-Z secured his release from Def Jam Records, which will allow the album to come out on his own Roc Nation label, presumably in partnership with Rock Nation (although the specifics of that deal have not been confirmed). Meanwhile, Kanye has been in the studio, grabbing inspiration for his own next album.

ive never been a huge Hov fan but for some reason I'm really looking fwd to this

probably b/c of all the garbage that is out in the industry right now

thankgod.jpg

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

auto tone isnt bad when done right and not over done. Jay isnt the type that needs it
at all....I'm looking forward to this album more than any other album this year...and yes Time this includes how I was checking for Last Kissand Relapse...

with Crime Pays being mehh and Last Kiss being "acceptable" I need this BP3 to be ridiculous...I was satisfied with Relapse and the way the albumformed a mini movie for me...
pimp.gif

-All Ye production
-No Auto-Tune
-Jay-Z back on his %%@@+!%*

Please don't make this anything like Kingdom Come....I'm tired of letdowns for the year
grin.gif

I'm not all that excited but I have no doubt this will be a good album considering that he can take his time as well as everything he has behind him forthis release.

this only excites me for one reason ... maybe waynes jay d riding self will stop with the auto tune ... YAYAYAYAYAY!

I was gonna come in here and think of a funny way to convey the message that this news is late, but no on else said anything, so I'm going to keep quiet.

Blueprint 1 is all we need. Why Blueprint 3? Why not make a "Dynasty" type album with all that talent, except make it better than the first?

Back
Top Bottom