<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Now that I've listened to it quite a lot already, I think it's a very, very solid album. Probably one of the best to come out this year...but far from groundbreaking, transcendental or anything like that. For a hip-hop album in 2011 it's definitely nice though, no question about it.

Favorite songs are "No Church in the Wild", "Lift Off", "Who Gon Stop Me Now", "Illest MFer Alive", "That's My $!$*@".

Now that I've listened to it quite a lot already, I think it's a very, very solid album. Probably one of the best to come out this year...but far from groundbreaking, transcendental or anything like that. For a hip-hop album in 2011 it's definitely nice though, no question about it.

Favorite songs are "No Church in the Wild", "Lift Off", "Who Gon Stop Me Now", "Illest MFer Alive", "That's My $!$*@".

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I sat back and listened to the Album on the system in the car in traffic......... I have to be missing something with you guys because everyone I know in real life is not really feeling it much either. To each is own I guess. *Puts Bjork's new c.d. back in*
Album hasn't leaked hipster liar.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I sat back and listened to the Album on the system in the car in traffic......... I have to be missing something with you guys because everyone I know in real life is not really feeling it much either. To each is own I guess. *Puts Bjork's new c.d. back in*
Album hasn't leaked hipster liar.

laugh.gif

After second day into album I will retract a few statements but still no definitive opinion.Some joints that I didn't care for are growing on me. If they close the show with "Lift Off" .... ZOMG
pimp.gif
. That joint sounds so good in the whip.

After second day into album I will retract a few statements but still no definitive opinion.Some joints that I didn't care for are growing on me. If they close the show with "Lift Off" .... ZOMG
pimp.gif
. That joint sounds so good in the whip.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I hate Swizz Beats' production. This guy has not evolved AT ALL. Listen to a song Swizz produced in 2001 and to a song he produced in 2011. They have the same basic structure. The beat on Welcome to the Jungle sounded like a beat DMX should be rapping on. It really took away from the song IMO and I think the song would have been better with different production
roll.gif
I mean really though. I swear Swizz gets by on the fact that he picked a moderately cool name and boned Alicia Keys.
Some of his beats are OK but it's really just when he chooses a nice sample. Like "On to the Next One" was a nice beat but the work he did on it was terrible - he just added cheap, generic drum sounds in a decent pattern, probably in 3 minutes.

"Welcome to the Jungle" is pretty forgettable, even moreso with the generic Swizz hook. Jay's verse is the only thing that would make me consider listening every now and then when the CD's in the car.

Swizz really did make up for wasting a spot on the album with "Murder," though. That beat is really nice, and he actually did work on chopping up the sample. And he didn't feel obligated to shout random "BLACK ON BLACK MURDER TIIIMMME" adlibs over it.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I hate Swizz Beats' production. This guy has not evolved AT ALL. Listen to a song Swizz produced in 2001 and to a song he produced in 2011. They have the same basic structure. The beat on Welcome to the Jungle sounded like a beat DMX should be rapping on. It really took away from the song IMO and I think the song would have been better with different production
roll.gif
I mean really though. I swear Swizz gets by on the fact that he picked a moderately cool name and boned Alicia Keys.
Some of his beats are OK but it's really just when he chooses a nice sample. Like "On to the Next One" was a nice beat but the work he did on it was terrible - he just added cheap, generic drum sounds in a decent pattern, probably in 3 minutes.

"Welcome to the Jungle" is pretty forgettable, even moreso with the generic Swizz hook. Jay's verse is the only thing that would make me consider listening every now and then when the CD's in the car.

Swizz really did make up for wasting a spot on the album with "Murder," though. That beat is really nice, and he actually did work on chopping up the sample. And he didn't feel obligated to shout random "BLACK ON BLACK MURDER TIIIMMME" adlibs over it.

"To much enemy fire to catch a friendly, strays from the same shade" - The thing about murder is the timing, man the beat seems to work around the mc's not fight against it, and to make the song even better, it fits both of their styles. It's the one song that ye comes close to Hova on. I said close. Their styles overlap, Hova starting out about first hand view of violence, and the bitter irony of where the violence comes from, kanye talking about how it relates to everyone, with the death toll. And Hova transitioning to what life can be like," aint nothing new but your shoes" Kanye just about leveled the playing field with that gem. Truly a great hip hop song. 

"To much enemy fire to catch a friendly, strays from the same shade" - The thing about murder is the timing, man the beat seems to work around the mc's not fight against it, and to make the song even better, it fits both of their styles. It's the one song that ye comes close to Hova on. I said close. Their styles overlap, Hova starting out about first hand view of violence, and the bitter irony of where the violence comes from, kanye talking about how it relates to everyone, with the death toll. And Hova transitioning to what life can be like," aint nothing new but your shoes" Kanye just about leveled the playing field with that gem. Truly a great hip hop song. 

Lift off slowly went up to being my favorite song after numerous listens of the album today
pimp.gif

Lift off slowly went up to being my favorite song after numerous listens of the album today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

There is not one song I skip on MBDTF

album is
pimp.gif

I feel when Kanye is gone his music will be more appreciated including 808s

He is just ahead of his time right now
Agreed,

Bit worried about him though, sounds like hes going through hell from that Big Chill music festival speech.

This is for McQueen, for Amy, for Michael and for all the media, can you
lighten up on all your artists that are still here?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

There is not one song I skip on MBDTF

album is
pimp.gif

I feel when Kanye is gone his music will be more appreciated including 808s

He is just ahead of his time right now
Agreed,

Bit worried about him though, sounds like hes going through hell from that Big Chill music festival speech.

This is for McQueen, for Amy, for Michael and for all the media, can you
lighten up on all your artists that are still here?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

It isn't just NT tho. Go to a different board and they'll give andre mad props b.

Are people really saying that 3 stacks is not nice?
30t6p3b.gif
where they do that at? I promise you he's in your favorite rappers top 10.listen to his verse on return of a g then see if u feel the same way.as far as WTT goes after listening to it in the car it has grown on me.New Day is craaaaazy and Made in America is definitely the sleeper on the album,woah

Because people are straight ignorant.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

It isn't just NT tho. Go to a different board and they'll give andre mad props b.

Are people really saying that 3 stacks is not nice?
30t6p3b.gif
where they do that at? I promise you he's in your favorite rappers top 10.listen to his verse on return of a g then see if u feel the same way.as far as WTT goes after listening to it in the car it has grown on me.New Day is craaaaazy and Made in America is definitely the sleeper on the album,woah

Because people are straight ignorant.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm just trying to figure out why people are so quick to throw around the word "classic"? I didn't know an album could be determined a classic or not, within one day. There have been many albums I have dismissed only to view them as "classics" at a later date (i.e. Late Registration and American Gangster). As of right now, this album is solid to me. "Murder to Excellence" is my fav cut so far

-The Juice

I'm just trying to figure out why people are so quick to throw around the word "classic"? I didn't know an album could be determined a classic or not, within one day. There have been many albums I have dismissed only to view them as "classics" at a later date (i.e. Late Registration and American Gangster). As of right now, this album is solid to me. "Murder to Excellence" is my fav cut so far

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Sweet King Martin
Sweet Queen Coretta
Sweet Brother Malcolm
Sweet Queen Betty
Sweet Mother Mary
Sweet Father Joseph, Sweet Jesus

We made it in America
Sweet Baby Jesus, oooohoh sweet baby Jesus
We made it in America
2333540_o.gif

SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but real talk this is my favorite song on the album...$*%* like a rap negro spiritual b 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Sweet King Martin
Sweet Queen Coretta
Sweet Brother Malcolm
Sweet Queen Betty
Sweet Mother Mary
Sweet Father Joseph, Sweet Jesus

We made it in America
Sweet Baby Jesus, oooohoh sweet baby Jesus
We made it in America
2333540_o.gif

SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but real talk this is my favorite song on the album...$*%* like a rap negro spiritual b 
laugh.gif

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom