Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I think Politicians are a unique populations as they do have to answer for their opinions every election. Their communities have to actively chose to support or reject them every few years.

I do agree with Sharpe that the goal post of forgiveness moves based on the ethnic background of the person giving it.

Last edited:
It's not that nobody cares, it's that their audience agrees with them. Tucker is still on TV even after major advertisers pulled out of his program.
Also a lot of politicians unfortunately don't have the reach or presence like a Kanye West.

Well - to be honest, imagining a RustyShackleford comedy special got me rollin over / stomping my chelsea boots laughing already :lol:
I didn't say it wasn't funny, I just said some of the takes were not good.

I think Kanye West's actions are partly because of mental illness, his "Hollywood has a lot of Jews" thing doesn't make much sense as it relates to Kanye because it wasn't just about Hollywood Jewish people Ye had an issue with, the point about black people not causing Jewish people's problem is true but that is a point that doesn't really relate to Kyrie, and his take about poor white people's attraction to Trump isn't really true. I have read a ton about this very issue, it wasn't him calling out corruption, it was his white grievance politics on social issues

But if you gonna be rocking your Chelseas at the Shackleford Def Comedy Jam, you might want to get a fresh pair. The ones you got might be a couple sizes too small

If you've done a lot of reading on it

What does the whole "crooked Hillary" thing have to do with "white grievance"?

Jews and Hollywood isn't supposed to tie to Kanye just like the Ferguson line isnt

But if you gonna be rocking your Chelseas at the Shackleford Def Comedy Jam, you might want to get a fresh pair. The ones you got might be a couple sizes too small

See what I mean :lol:

Gold!

That's how comedy works when folks aren't looking for a reason not to laugh. IJS.

i bet kanye hates jewish people because pete davidson is jewish.

he seems like a big ***** *** simp to do something like that.

If you've done a lot of reading on it

What does the whole "crooked Hillary" thing have to do with "white grievance"?
He was calling her corrupt

But that is not the reason poor white conservatives flocked to him over other Republicans in the primary (like most Republican primary voters would already have a low opinion of her) and swung to him in the general (non-college educated voters have been trending toward the GOP since the 1990s, Trump just accelerated the trend.

Trump ran one of the most corrupt governments in recent history, gave the wealthy a massive tax cut, and tried to make the healthcare for middle and lower-income people much worse, and did just as good in Ohio in 2020 as he did in 2016.

It is more about white grievance politics about liberals supposedly putting minorities ahead of white people than him being the anti-corruption dude.

But that is not the reason poor white conservatives flocked to him over other Republicans in the primary (like most Republican primary voters would already have a low opinion of her) and swung to him in the general (non-college educated voters have been trending toward the GOP since the 1990s, Trump just accelerated the trend).

Trump ran one of the most corrupt governments in recent history, gave the wealthy a massive tax cut, and tried to make the healthcare for middle and lower-income people much worse, and did just as good in Ohio in 2020 as he did in 2016.

It is the white grievance politics about liberals supposedly putting minorities ahead of white people. Not him being the anti-corruption dude.
In addition, he still had a lot of pull within the base and the leadership (up until the midterm results), despite having openly mishandled classified information and lied about it.

But that is not the reason poor white conservatives flocked to him over other Republicans in the primary (like most Republican primary voters would already have a low opinion of her) and swung to him in the general (non-college educated voters have been trending toward the GOP since the 1990s, Trump just accelerated the trend.

It is more about white grievance politics about liberals supposedly putting minorities ahead of white people than him being the anti-corruption dude.

Yeah, and a lot of poor uneducated white people bought into his portrayal of her being corrupt

To portray them all as seeking "white grievance" is incredibly narrow minded

You might as well call them all proud boys

As for Dave, yeah, I get what he's saying, a lot of people won't though

Yeah, and a lot of poor uneducated white people bought into his portrayal of her being corrupt

Ok, but the point is that given Trump's actions before and after 2016, it is clear he is corrupt too. More than her all things considered. And he pays no electoral price for his corruption

That means these voters are not truly motivated by anti-corruption politics.

To portray them all as seeking "white grievance" is incredibly narrow minded

You might as well call them all proud boys

I am not calling them white grievance politics. It is a term political scientists, analysis, and pundit use all the time. You can literally type the word into Google and tons of articles come up regarding the issue and other phrases for the same phenomena.

If you think it is in reality narrow-minded to use the commonly used terms but the people that write about the subject, I don't know what to tell you. That seems incredibly silly to me.

And no, it comes nowhere close to calling someone a proud boy.

I just suspect you are doing that thing where you nitpick and pearl clutch at something you see a progressive saying because of your own petty grievances with progressives

I am not interested in another Healthinspector NT therapy session famb

Last edited:
"I didn't say it wasn't funny, I just said some of the takes were not good."

The assignment was to be funny Fam.

He's a comedian.
This is dumb

How does this amount to me trying not to laugh? Because you assume it is?

Dave Chappelle is a comedian, I understand that, he is very good at that, he also gives social commentary that he wants people to take seriously too. Thinking Dave is funny, but making a bad take is not mutually exclusive.

Dave admits to being wrong about certain things all the time. He said he was wrong about giving Trump a chance (he said this on SNL too), and he said his views changed on transgender issues over the years.

I think it is completely fair to say he made a bad take. It is a pretty innocuous thing to say

Ok, but the point is that given Trump's actions before and after 2016, it is clear he is corrupt too. More than her all things considered. And he pays no electoral price for his corruption

That means these voters are not truly motivated by anti-corruption politics.

I am not calling them white grievance politics. It is a term political scientists, analysis, and pundit use all the time. You can literally type the word into Google and tons of articles come up regarding the issue and other phrases for the same phenomena.

If you think it is in reality narrow-minded to use the commonly used terms but the people that write about the subject, I don't know what to tell you. That seems incredibly silly to me.

And no, it comes nowhere close to calling someone a proud boy.

I just suspect you are doing that thing where you nitpick and pearl clutch at something you see a progressive saying because of your own petty grievances with progressives

I am not interested in another Healthinspector NT therapy session famb

This actually isn't one of those times where I'm trying to "gaslight" progressive people... I think

You're whole "what Dave's saying is wrong and untrue except that one part" is just not true

If you disagree with what he's saying, fine

But it's also fine that maybe youre not really getting what he's saying

This actually isn't one of those times where I'm trying to "gaslight" progressive people... I think

You're whole "what Dave's saying is wrong and untrue except that one part" is just not true

If you disagree with what he's saying, fine

But it's also fine that maybe youre not really getting what he's saying
I get what he is saying

And I disagree with it

And that is also perfectly fine

Back
Top Bottom